Home
Any CF thoughts of either one of these types of reticles? This scope would be going on a Rem 700 7mm-08. I can get either scope at the same price. I understand what the cds windplex system is suppose to do, but do I submit a reload to Leupold that works for the gun (say a 120 nbt doing 2850 fps at 1,500 ft alt, 200 yd zero), then they build the scope reticles to match that?

Or is the simplicity of the lr duplex good enough? As far as hunting whitetails; a vast majority of those shots are very close w/50 yards, but they can go out easily 200-250 yards in other areas. Basically I hunt as close as I can, yet oppositely I do love to print paper or ring steel at longer ranges.
Get the LRD... kiss for under 300 yards
The 2-7 CDS that rides on my 243 is my fav out of the 6 Leupolds (most are more expensive) that I own. The CDS is just as simple and far more versatile than dots in my personal opinion, and if ringing steel at extended ranges is on the agenda it's a no brainer.
No, the reticle is not customized, just basic MOA marks.
Get a CDS
I looked hard at the Cds wind Plex scope and decided the windplex was a little too thin for my old eyes, marginal light...or work in the woods.
Originally Posted by Brad
Get the LRD... kiss for under 300 yards

^ that
LRD over the LRWP

Given all the complaints concerning the reliability of scopes whose dials are twirled--Leupold and others--the LRD is an easy choice.

Casey
Thank You Guys for all of the advise. It is really appreciated. I am just use to a simple duplex reticle and was looking at other options. The CDS system is awfully tempting, but I think the LRD will work.
Both work. LRD will do fine for what you do and even a duplex for your ranges. On the ringing steel you mention - you might enjoy the fast CDS to put you on target at various ranges. Assuming you are reaching out to say 400 yds and more. All about application and the task at hand. Good luck.
© 24hourcampfire