Home
Posted By: huntin_chic Leupold Custom Shop - 12/27/16
Has anyone here ordered a scope through the Leupold Custom Shop? What I'm considering is a custom CeraKote colored scope. I can't seem to find where you can actually choose the color for the CeraKote option. The other Leupold finish options are easy to choose, but when I click the "CeraKote" icon, it doesn't give me any color option. I went further into adding to cart/billing, etc.... but I'm obviously missing something.

Advice?
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Leupold Custom Shop - 12/27/16
Yes, I;ve ordered one or two.
CeraKote is a trademarked process I believe.

Call Leupold, they are very helpful.

Posted By: cdb Re: Leupold Custom Shop - 12/28/16
Call them. You might be on hold awhile but for me it is worth it. I've used the custom shop once, had a German #4 put in a scope. It was a good experience.
Posted By: huntin_chic Re: Leupold Custom Shop - 12/29/16
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, I guess I will have to call them. It kinda defeats the purpose of "shopping online" but I don't see any other way to clarify the color options for CeraKote.

Something that Leupold should probably do is to post high quality photos of their scopes with their standard options in the specialty color finishes. As it is, it is very difficult to make a wise decision in regards to what your actual finished scope will look like.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Leupold Custom Shop - 12/29/16
Their custom shop site is sometimes lacking. A while back this year, some models and options didn't even come up on the site.
© 24hourcampfire