Home
Been out of the scope buying loop for a couple of years. I don't see Leupold reticles listed as Windplex anymore. What's up?
Not sure what you are asking but there are plenty of Duplex and Windplex reticles available in Leupold scopes.
I had browsed thru a number of online vendors last night and I didn't see any windplex reticles offered, just duplex. I visited Cabelas site tonight and see windplex. Must have overlooked them.
The Windplex is one of several reticles offered by Leupold.

Typically it is offered as the standard reticle on a
CDS model.

I ordered one CDS-equipped scope from the custom shop and had to specify a different reticle or the Windplex would have been installed as default.
Answer is no. It is not.
I like it just as well, if not better than the Duplex. I have not yet used the windage hash marks, but I know they are there if I ever do need them.

This is an actual image through the scope. Didn't get a great picture with glare from room lights, etc., but you get the idea. Much better representation than what Leupold shows on their site.

[Linked Image]
The Windplex with an M1 elevation dial in a fixed 6 would be just right, and most useful.
I think that would be a much more useful reticle if they would put a few hash marks on the lower vertical line. It's already a bit busy with the windage marks so a few more for elevation wouldn't hurt. In for a penny, in for a pound.
I have both, windplex clutters up the view in my opinion
My 60 yr old eyes didn't appreciate the wind Plex much. For me it was a real bad choice if the gun is going to wind up in the woods hunting or in low light situations.
No doubt it would be fine for open field,PowerLine, tundra hunting.
© 24hourcampfire