Home
A friend bought a Schmidt Bender scope for his Browning BAR. When it arrived, it came with a solid rail on the bottom of the tube. He was not expecting this.

How on earth does he find mounts to attach this scope to his Browning BAR hunting rifle?

What does he need?

Dixie, that's going to be a tall order. Only option I can think of is for him to check out Recknagel (he can download their catalog from their website but he's going to need understand some German), a european outfit that makes all kinds of different mounts. They may have one of what they call their tip-off mounts that attach to the S&B scope rail and then to the rifle via weaver bases. I'd have him contact the folks at New England Custom Guns or maybe EuroOptics to see if they could get their hands on something like that.

Seems like an awful expensive solution just to get that scope on that particular rifle. I'm assuming he has no way of returning that scope for one without the rail?
look up forum member artur here on 24HR. He can get him set up with an adapter.

Am curious as to how he bought it without knowing that model came with a rail. If the seller did not disclose it, the scope should be returnable.
What he needs is to send it back and get one without the rail. It will only be a PITA to mount ,change it to a different rifle, or sell.
Darn, I almost did the same thing. As I recall the mounts were not exactly cheap either
I agree with R_H_Clark.

Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
What he needs is to send it back and get one without the rail. It will only be a PITA to mount ,change it to a different rifle, or sell.
Check with New England Custom Gun in Claremont NH.
Rail scope mounts are the single best way to attach a scope to a rifle---unless your rifle isn't set up to accept a rail.
© 24hourcampfire