Home
Posted By: roundoak Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
No doubt many here use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove scope ring marks, but I am passing on the tip for others.

[Linked Image]

Wayne
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
Thanks for the tip.

I've used Warne rings for years now, and they have never, ever left a mark of any kind on my scopes.

One particular Conquest had been in and out of rings and remounted more than a dozen times, and the tube still could have passed as new. They are rugged, reliable and -- mounted properly -- have never once left even the slightest of marks or impressions on any of my scopes.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
They should market that specifically for Talley users, they could triple the price by renaming it.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17

Burris Signature rings........
Posted By: eddiel4 Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
I'm not familiar with this technique. Does it work on matte finished scope tubes as I always seem to get an area that appears scuffed, like the matte has "compressed grains" or something such as that? Thanks, Ed
Posted By: roundoak Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
Originally Posted by eddiel4
I'm not familiar with this technique. Does it work on matte finished scope tubes as I always seem to get an area that appears scuffed, like the matte has "compressed grains" or something such as that? Thanks, Ed

Yes, it will buff out most ring marks and non-ring marks on matte scopes. The exception is if the marks are too severe.
Posted By: GaryU Re: Scope ring marks - 02/01/17
Fantastic tip. Thank you.

Gary U
© 24hourcampfire