Home
Rather than interrupt the beatdown that's currently being issued to Shakyhands on the 30mm vs. 1" thread, I just have a question.

Who makes a current 1" scope with an illuminated reticle? I'm having a heck of a time finding one other than the Meopta 3.5-10 that nobody seems to have in stock.

Thanks,

Okie John
I've got a Leupold Mark AR Mod1 1.5-4x20. They also make 3-9s. I like mine so far, but wish the turrets were covered.

I believe Trijicon makes a couple of lines that are 1". One line is lit by FO and tritium, the other is battery. Not cheap, but not awful either. Seem to have a good reputation.
Trijicon

Trijicon Accupoint

Trijicon Accupower
Here’s a few to look at,
https://swfa.com/optics/riflescopes.html?scope_tube_diameter=1%22&illuminated=Yes
Ronnie
Glad to see you are not abandoning the one-inch bandwagon.

The Tasco 3-9x40 World Class Riflescope with illuminated reticle can be yours for only $59.95.

https://swfa.com/tasco-3-9x40-world-class-riflescope-12.html

It has the same exit pupil size as the highly acclaimed Conquest 3-9. As you also already know, the exit pupil is the most import factor when choosing a scope and because of that, this amazing scope will provide great light transmission even under limited moonlight conditions.

Additionally, you can try to custom build an illuminated reticle into Loopy 6x.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I've got a Leupold Mark AR Mod1 1.5-4x20. They also make 3-9s. I like mine so far, but wish the turrets were covered.

IIRC Pappy the Firedot reticles are available in several of the non-tactical Leupold scopes too in various configurations, with covered turrets.

I have several of these Mark AR scopes as well; the Firedot SPR reticle in the 1.5-4x and the Firedot TMR reticle in the 3-9x are both illuminated with a green center dot (on a motion sensor too; pretty cool tech that works really well). FWIW the VX-R Patrol 3-9x TMR has essentially the same setup but in a 30mm tube, although I think the center dot is red.

[Linked Image]
I recently got a Hawke Endurance LER 4-12x42 from CameralandNY on a great markdown sale that has a lit dot holdover reticle in a 1" tube. Looks good to me. Lacks the motion sensor of the Leupold. Need a rifle for it.
Originally Posted by skeen

This - I've found my last couple of Accupoints used for $450-500. Good scopes, lightweight, hold zero. For a set and forget it's a pretty good choice.
I have two Trijicons, and I really like them. Not needing batteries is a big plus for me.
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter
I have two Trijicons, and I really like them. Not needing batteries is a big plus for me.

I don't mind the batteries, but the electronical goodies they power worry me a bit.

I've seen reviews of the dual-illuminated RMRs that complain about wash-out of the aiming point under some lighting conditions. Anything like that happen with the Accupoints?
Sig Sauer Whiskey3 and Whiskey5 have 1” tubes and are available with IRs.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Bogtrotter

I don't mind the batteries, but the electronical goodies they power worry me a bit.

I've seen reviews of the dual-illuminated RMRs that complain about wash-out of the aiming point under some lighting conditions. Anything like that happen with the Accupoints?

I bought a accupoint a few months ago tr20g-1 with the crosshairs and that is one impressive reticle and dot. I have been going out in the dark with it and that dot is visible everytime I have looked thru it. I am so impressed by it that I will mount it on my Sako A7 and take it hunting this January. They appear to be built stoutly and their glass is very good.
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
Sig Sauer Whiskey3 and Whiskey5 have 1” tubes and are available with IRs.

What do people think of Sig scopes? Are they holding up? And what's the difference between the W3 and W5 lines--is it just magnification range and price? According to sigsauer.com, everything they make is ideal for everything, but some of the things they make are premium. I actually write websites like this for a living and I can't tell the difference.

Okie John
© 24hourcampfire