Home
So this question is more hypothetical that reality as a 2500 plus dollar scope just isn't in the budget, but I was thinking and researching the very best hunting scope I could buy for my 6.5 CTR. At this point, if I had to only have one rifle, this would be it, so if money wasn't an issue, what optic would go on it? (It currently has a weaver tac 3-15x50 edmr that performs way above the $600 I paid for it)

So for this rifle and what I would use it for, these are the three in order of what I would purchase...What say you to these? Would anyone feel handicapped in anyway with any of these?

1. S&B PMII 3-12X50
2. NF Atacr 4-16x42
3.S&B PMII 4-16X50
Get the higher Magnification PMII. The Creed likes to Stretch it’s legs the higher magnification is nice. I have a 5-25 on one of my Creeds and LOVE it!
If money was no object, either a Tangent Theta, Hensoldt,or Kahles K624i
If money was no object I would at least try a March 2 1/2-25X50.
Originally Posted by Ringman

I am selling a March 3-24X52 if you are interested. wink
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Have you tried any of these in person?

I have only owned the K624i and it didn't wow me like I had hoped it would. TT and Hesoldt I am sure are great. That said the ATACR 4-16 is pretty freaking nice and checks a lot of boxes.
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by Ringman

I am selling a March 3-24X52 if you are interested. wink

Thanks. I'm not interested in a FFP scope.
Gotcha...no worries.

Going with the standard cross hair reticle I am guessing?
S&B scopes, I don't know why anyone pays that much money for ONE scope. Yeah I know this and that about glass etc. all my NXS scopes I have hunted to beyond legal light with, and done so with ease. heck I have hunted till my eyes can't hunt anymore. the ATACR is 34 mm tubed. unless your shooting 1 miles or more you don't need 34 mm, it like the guy running a lifted truck running 22" dubs. instead of S&B I buy 2 nightforces
I paid the same for my S&B PM ll as my NXS. Just FYI.
Originally Posted by alaska_lanche
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Have you tried any of these in person?

I have only owned the K624i and it didn't wow me like I had hoped it would. TT and Hesoldt I am sure are great. That said the ATACR 4-16 is pretty freaking nice and checks a lot of boxes.

No. I thought we was just dreaming about money being no object. If it was no object I would try them all and sell what I didn't like. I don't doubt the ATACR at all.
Originally Posted by smokepole
I paid the same for my S&B PM ll as my NXS. Just FYI.

Its more scope than I want/need, but between demos and places like cameraland and eurooptic, often times you see the 5-25x56 S&B priced less than NF ATACR'S.....I have seen like new models go for 2k on some forums...
#1 on a Tikka T3x lite creed:

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

[Linked Image]

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that scope? Retail has them for over 3k, but I got to believe there are some deals out there that put them quite a bit cheaper than that...
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

[Linked Image]

What kind of stock is that on your Tikka? And is that Warne rings? Thanks

Randall
Hint: eBay can be your friend.... this one is the non-illuminated base PMII with P3 reticle and single turn turrets, no side parallax dial. Less than $2k new in box....

McMillan Hunters Edge stock. Mountain tactical bottom metal. Vortex (Seekins) 34mm rings. Warne mountain tech pic rail.
Kimber7man - PM sent on your 3-12x
Zeiss V8 .... I have the V6 and its great,but they say the V8 is much better.
Of the 3, I can vouch for the NF F1. Have 2 on builds similar in weight to the CTR in 308 and 260. Have had zero complaints with features or performance.
That said, I've long wanted to try the 3-12 PMII but a "deal" has not presented itself when I was in the buying mood.
© 24hourcampfire