Home
Hello all - I am looking for good value in a long range scope. My son finished his hitch in the Marine Corps Friday. On Saturday, he treated himself to a Ruger Precision Marksmen rifle in 6.5 Creedmore. Not necessarily the rifle I would have purchased, but he's very happy with his purchase. Now we are looking for a good quality scope for his gun. What would you all recommend?
I picked up a second hand Vortex 4-16x44 HST for I believe $350. I like it a lot, seems to track well and the adjustments are audible and tactile. Glass is so-so, plenty clear for daytime shooting.
Athlon Optics Midas BTR 4.5-27x50. Doug still has them on sale for $339.

Athlon link - https://athlonoptics.com/product/rifle-scopes-midas-btr-4-5-27x50-aplr1-sfp-ir-mil/
SWFA 10X MQ. Easy peasy.
Depending on his budget, the Nightforce SHV line is worth checking out.
SWFA SS 10X is low budget, and SWFA 5-20 if there's more in the budget. You won't find a better,cheaper target type scope. Anyone in the know will respect the build quality and dependability of the SWFA SS.
4.5-14x44 Meopta with Mcworter reticle
Originally Posted by 16bore
SWFA 10X MQ. Easy peasy.

Yup
GA Precision has a few of the LRHSi 4.5-18x40 scopes left for $750 or add a leatherman MUT for $50 more.
Just put one on a rifle and going to head to the range tomorrow. Lots of guys love them.
SWFA 6x or 10x.........you can spend more but you can't buy better. Unless you spend 2x or 3x the amount.
SWFA has some good sales right now as well.
Originally Posted by JonS
GA Precision has a few of the LRHSi 4.5-18x40 scopes left for $750 or add a leatherman MUT for $50 more.
Just put one on a rifle and going to head to the range tomorrow. Lots of guys love them.

^^^^^^^ This^^^^^^
SWFA SS 16x42 @ $299.99
Agree SWFA!

Many scopes are10% off till midnight 9/3

This package deal is awesome. Rings,bubble level, sun shade and a nice 10X scope

https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-10x42-tactical-30mm-riflescope-3.html
leeupold
SWFA 10X for that set-up.
We are running our Labor Day Sale through Tuesday, as we are closed today. Give us a call tomorrow and we will hook you up.
© 24hourcampfire