Home
Posted By: TheBigSky Leica CRF Differences? - 01/24/19
I sold my old Leica and my two Sigs. I'm going to buy another Leica CRF. I was going to get the CRF 2000-B at $399.99; but, then I saw I could get the CRF 2400-R for $427. I'm having a difficult time finding a direct comparison. I know I won't go wrong with either; but, can someone provide a reason to get one over the other, especially with such a small price difference? Thanks in advance.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/24/19

I can't help you with personal experience between the 2, but I considered the 2400 myself. I have the CRF 1200 and it does all I need it to. If I wasn't already so heavy on optics, I would probably just go ahead and get the 2400 and use my Swarovski 8X32 EL binoculars and forget the rangefinding binoculars altogether...
Posted By: wesheltonj Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
Wait get the CFR 2800, its the latest and greatest and comes with bluetooth and Leica hunting app.
Posted By: ckat Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
Where is the 2400 available for $427? Thanks!
Posted By: oldguns Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
ckat....call Sport Optics for 2400...and ASK FOR LOWEST PRICE!!!!!
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
Originally Posted by ckat
Where is the 2400 available for $427? Thanks!

Optics Planet, with a code mentioned in another thread, gives 15% off until the 28th of this month. The regular price is $499 x85% = 424.15, so I was high by $2.85. For the guy who suggested throwing in the CRF 2800 in an attempt to distinguish between the CRF 2000 and CRF 2400, it is neither; and, it will run in excess of $1000 from what I see.
Posted By: Brad Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
I really like my 2000b.

Differences here:

http://en.leica-camera.com/Sport-Optics/Leica-Hunting/Rangefinders/Leica-Rangemaster/Range
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
Originally Posted by Brad

Having reviewed that is actually what facilitated my post. I can't see, even from that, if there is any real difference between these two. I'm open to the fact that, in scrolling back and forth, up and down, that I have missed some major distinguishing feature(s).

I do note, however, that the 2000B description includes the following: "The newly developed ABC® ballistic programme integrates data for angle of incline, temperature, barometric pressure and ammunition type. The exact measurement result shows the precise individual parameters.", which the 2400R does not.
Posted By: ckat Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/25/19
Thanks, oldguns and TheBigSky!!!
Posted By: Lazrbeam Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/28/19
Timely thread.
Going to purchase one of these as well.
Posted By: 603Country Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/28/19
After a Nikon (good to 400 yards max) and a SigKilo 1250 (not much better than the Nikon), I bought a Leica 2000B. Love it. Ranges deer to 750 yards, which is the farthest I’ve seen a deer, and ranged a cow at 1700ish.

When I was looking for the Nikon replacement, I found many RF reviews, but not useful reviews. People were ranging targets, not critters. I wanted something that would range a small brown coyote at 500 yards. Nikon couldn’t. SigKilo couldn’t. Leica can.

Not saying that a more expensive SigKilo wouldn’t work well enough, but I wasn’t going to risk it, and the Leica was on sale.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Leica CRF Differences? - 01/28/19
It is our pleasure to assist the members with a Leica CRF, please give a call, 516-217-1000
Doug
© 24hourcampfire