Home
Posted By: 12Oclock Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
I am sure this has been discussed. I have a USA assembled, Zeiss Conquest MC 4.5-14X50 scope with Target turrets. It has been used lightly on a .280 AI. I found that the target turrets with no zero stop would occasionally move off zero in a case or scabbard. My warranty booklet and the Zeiss website both say that they will change out the turrets to hunting capped turrets. When I called they said no dice. Can't do it. They said they were made by a private contractor and no parts are available. They said to call Kenton for turrets. Well the Kenton turrets wont have protective caps either so I don't see the point in that? Does anyone have another solution to my problem. Tryiing to make it a bullet proof hunting scope. Thanks.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
Those scopes were built for Zeiss by Meopta and that contract ended years ago
Posted By: 12Oclock Re: Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
Thanks, that is good to know. It is a very nice scope but not what I need for a hunting rifle. It appears there is no solution to the lack of a zero stop or turret lock?
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
You can reach out to Meopta and see if they have a solution
Posted By: Bearded Re: Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
If Meopta can’t do anything for you, you might look into a selling the Zeiss and grabbing a demo Tract Tekoa or Toric. The Tekoa doesn’t have ED glass but it’s Schott and wonderful. Very similar features to the Zeiss with more tactile/solid adjustments and capped turrets. The Toric has Schott and ED glass and features a capped, locking turret with zero stop.
Posted By: 12Oclock Re: Zeiss MC - 06/01/19
I will contact Meopta. I also am setting up a sale if that does not bear fruit. Zeiss has always come through for me in the past with a solution. Their service and warranty is tops or has always been. I know that they do not do exchanges or upgrades as some others do but this one has me stumped. I never had one move so easily. Thanks for the suggestions.
© 24hourcampfire