Home
Posted By: jackmountain Formidilosus - 12/25/19
Been on but not posting. Come on man... I think alot/most of the guys here enjoy your posts and the info/experience you report. Either way, Merry Christmas and hope all is well.
Posted By: kingston Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
Merry Christmas Formidilosus!!!

There’s a new ZEISS V4 review up.

#launchers #fthehaters #jackrabbits3weeksayear
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
#mywifewontletmegoanymore

#8%ofmyyearspenthuntingopticsauthority
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
#ghosted
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
Form just cost me money....every time I’m on the fence for a upper end optics purchase and then read his posts, NF jumps to the top of the purchase list.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Been on but not posting. Come on man... I think alot/most of the guys here enjoy your posts and the info/experience you report. Either way, Merry Christmas and hope all is well.

Southern Oregon dick pics keep rolling in. He has to delete them all the time. Laughing .
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 12/25/19
merry Christmas formadillo!!!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
Bunch of homos!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by Hiaring8
Form just cost me money....every time I’m on the fence for a upper end optics purchase and then read his posts, NF jumps to the top of the purchase list.

So what did you buy? After what seemed to be record-breaking December spending (can’t blame it all on Christmas), i still need to order up a NXS 1-8 for an AR I’m building. smile
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
I made it through cheap this Christmas...only a $200 closeout Nikon Monarch for a .22....However once our taxes are paid this spring, I will be ordering a 2.5-20x50 NF for the 6.5 PRC and moving the 3-10SHV into my 22 creedmoor build.
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
I made it through cheap this Christmas...only a $200 closeout Nikon Monarch for a .22....However once our taxes are paid this spring, I will be ordering a 2.5-20x50 NF for the 6.5 PRC and moving the 3-10SHV into my 22 creedmoor build.

In other news, how is Big Phil doing these days?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
Like ta see Form, koshkin ( sp?) and some the other guys with connections in the industry reach out a little more to SWFA and prod them to get a low turret hunter model without a busy reticle version of the 3-9x42 in production along the lines of their 2.5 -10x32.
500 to 600 buck range.
About 70 to 80 moa built into it.
With a lock ring ocular.

Basically something a little more sleek looking for older wood and blue hunting rifles

Just wishing....
I think alot of guys would buy em.

Love ta put a super chicken on my classic sporter.
But the tall dailing elevation turret and windage turret sticking out
Just dont appeal to lines of alot of hunting rifles.
Fugg they would look good on lever rifles also with lower turrets.
Jmo....
Posted By: acy Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
Originally Posted by renegade50
Like ta see Form, koshkin ( sp?) and some the other guys with connections in the industry reach out a little more to SWFA and prod them to get a low turret hunter model without a busy reticle version of the 3-9x42 in production along the lines of their 2.5 -10x32.
500 to 600 buck range.
With a lock ring ocular.

Basically something a little more sleek looking for older wood and blue hunting rifles

Just wishing....

Jmo....

I'd be all over that. Probably a few of them. Doesn't seem complicated.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 12/27/19
500 to 600 buck range.
With a lock ring ocular.

Just wishing....

Jmo....

I think they are headed that direction .
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
If a 3-9x hunting scope was brought to market it would sell more units than most of their models combined.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
If a 3-9x hunting scope was brought to market it would sell more units than most of their models combined.

I would bet it won’t
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
I bet it wouldn’t either. Although I would buy one. The heavy duty dialing scope for hunting isn’t a big market.
Posted By: Hiaring8 Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Big Phil is living his best life...brought me back a few pheasants and ducks here and there ( I only bird hunt a few times a year) - but he did his best work keeping my bed warm in the Camper all hunting season long...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by kingston
Merry Christmas Formidilosus!!!

There’s a new ZEISS V4 review up.

#launchers #fthehaters #jackrabbits3weeksayear

Hahaha!

#ghostingjackrabbitsisnogoodon4x

#21daysstraightdipshit!

#livecountrymusic #ghostingswayze's
Posted By: fredIII Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Form made me love Nightforce. Cost a fûckn small fortune and I’m only 8 scopes in. Fûck off form and happy new year.

PS mtnboomer said he’d blow you if he knew what you looked like. 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. His suck them all off strategy didn’t work. 😉😎😎😎😎🍆😂😂

# happy-new-year-men.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by fredIII
Form made me love Nightforce. Cost a fûckn small fortune and I’m only 8 scopes in. ....

Form's post convinced me to give NF a try. Using NF for dialing is what hooked me.
Posted By: fredIII Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Form made me love Nightforce. Cost a fûckn small fortune and I’m only 8 scopes in. ....

Form's post convinced me to give NF a try. Using NF for dialing is what hooked me.

Can I get an Amen.
I was hooked before NF but it sure cleaned things up.
Posted By: ChetAF Re: Formidilosus - 12/28/19
Originally Posted by ChetAF

Big Phil is living his best life...brought me back a few pheasants and ducks here and there ( I only bird hunt a few times a year) - but he did his best work keeping my bed warm in the Camper all hunting season long...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

It's a dogs life! grin
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19

I don’t blame him. I see no reason to run a guy into the dirt and keep going after him with a pack mentality. It’s been happening a lot lately, and it sickens me. I liked Form’s posts. If you don’t like them, don’t read them. But don’t run a good member off simply because you think your pecker is bigger than his.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
I enjoy Forms posts as well. Glad he is willing to share his experience. I have 5 NF scopes now....
Posted By: timl Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
I learned a lot too. If you just take a minute to comprehend what you’re reading in his posts, you realize that he isn’t attacking anyone’s optics choices; he’s simply telling us what he has seen, not heard about or read somewhere.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
I sure appreciated Form's posts in the optics section. Great optic knowledge with real experience to back it up.

Thanks Form, and Happy New Year.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Originally Posted by timl
I learned a lot too. If you just take a minute to comprehend what you’re reading in his posts, you realize that he isn’t attacking anyone’s optics choices; he’s simply telling us what he has seen, not heard about or read somewhere.

Exactly why I liked them. He puts out good information based on facts and personal experience without any dick measuring or name calling.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Originally Posted by Lonny
I sure appreciated Form's posts in the optics section. Great optic knowledge with real experience to back it up.

Thanks Form, and Happy New Year.

I do as well. I’ve learned more from his posts than most. I hope he continues to share his knowledge with us.
Posted By: SLM Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
He’s obviously a knowledgeable guy but hard to take him to serious after reading a couple of his super human hunting stories.
Plenty of bullschitters here; I don’t believe he is one. I will concede your detector is usually pretty accurate, however! blush
Posted By: jdunham Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Originally Posted by SLM
He’s obviously a knowledgeable guy but hard to take him to serious after reading a couple of his super human hunting stories.

Never read one. His posts regarding optics I have always found to be spot on and I have learned a few things. More than I can say for most posts I read here.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Originally Posted by jdunham

Exactly why I liked them. He puts out good information based on facts and personal experience without any dick measuring or name calling.

Agreed, Formi is a good guy and has contributed far more than has his detractors who can't seem to relate to his level of experience. I hope he continues to tolerate this place that so many other good folks have dumped.

mike r
Posted By: SLM Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Agreed, I don’t think he’s a BS’er when it comes to knowing scopes and what holds up to what he does.

Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Plenty of bullschitters here; I don’t believe he is one. I will concede your detector is usually pretty accurate, however! blush
Posted By: wdenike Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19

Wow! A breath of fresh air. But I have to say you are assuming most on here have a brain bigger than a bb in a box car. To comprehend what he talks of. Well enough said, you probably get my drift.

Take care, Willie
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19

factory tikka barrels with 100k rounds through them. Formadillo is an interesting character that adds to the forum, so I still like him even though we disagree quite often.
Posted By: timl Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Again, for the who knows how many times, he never said that.

Again, reading comprehension is key.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Again, for the who knows how many times, he never said that.

Again, reading comprehension is key.

I deleted what I first was going so say because its not helpful, I don't want to see him leave, so I will just leave it at that and not pee, pee on the thread. Hopefully he is enjoying a coming new year with his friends and family.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Formidilosus - 12/29/19
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

factory tikka barrels with 100k rounds through them. Formadillo is an interesting character that adds to the forum, so I still like him even though we disagree quite often.

What he said was that the scope itself had been mounted on various Tikka rifles and had in total endured 100K rounds being fired. Easy enough to do with Picatinney rings/bases.

He *did not* say "on one rifle with the same barrel ".

Are you truly this daft or do you just enjoy the attention?
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19

You easily take the 2019 Campfire Dipschit Award...2020 is yours for the taking.

Having an opinion and differences is one thing, but you’ve gotta be on of the dumbest/densest clowns on this site. And that’s saying something...
Posted By: aalf Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by SLM

Never read one. His posts regarding optics I have always found to be spot on and I have learned a few things. More than I can say for most posts I read here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...backpack-elk-and-2013-season#Post8289001

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../2018-backpack-hunting-trip#Post13320876
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Formadilio ran screaming into the night to get away from this place......
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19

My recollection of that thread and your statement are not the same.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by NH K9

Willful ignorance or extremely poor reading comprehension. Either way, he's the only person that failed to understand what was written.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
He is totally full of chit. Only guy I have on ignore here.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Bolt stop pin failures: I’m actually not sure how much of a real, across the board issue this is/was. No issues of it have come up in the foreign military trials, I and buddies have shot 20-30 Tikkas heavily to the tune of an average of 15,000+ rounds per action with guys that run the bolt... vigorously to say the least. In all of that, one guy had two pins break on the same gun in around 5,000 rounds. A hardened pin corrected it and no problems in nearly three times the round count since have shown up. Because of those two pins EVERYONE immediately started to purposely try and break their pins in their guns. Guys running the bolt as hard as they possibly can. That lasted for a while and then everyone just gave up as no pins were breaking.

Durability evaluation: Durability in use was one of the most looked at aspects in the trials I know of with Tikka’s.

Evaluation ranking process: In context of this, there is a MRBS (mean rounds between stoppages) and MRBF (mean rounds between failures). Stoppages are malfunctions that can be solved on the spot. Failures are breakages or issues requiring an armorer/manufacturers intervention. A broken bolt stop pin would be a MRBF. In one trial from what I understand the MRBS was 2,500 rounds, and the MRBF was 10,000 rounds (might have been 7,500). Sako TRG, AI, and Tikka all passed those numbers. NO controlled round feed action, and no Remington 700 based action with R700 compatible triggers made those numbers.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...reme-hard-use-factory-rifle#Post14325179

I used to shoot with service rifle/Highpower shooters that put 5-10 K rds through a rifle each year. He never said all in one barrel.

PM RangerX and ask him what's the most rounds he ran through a gun in a year.

Mike
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by peeshooter
He is totally full of chit. Only guy I have on ignore here.

Which he? Formi or CC, I can guess but please confirm for future reference.

mike r
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
The subject of the post smile
Posted By: Calvin Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
I like ol form. His hunting tales where a bit cringeworthy but I would share a campfire with the guy.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
I’ll go along with anything Form says vs these culls. Carry on
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19

I have appreciated his posts on optics and shooting in general, as well as him answering questions for me via PM on a few occasions. He’s shared a lot of good info and advice here.

I hope to see more posts from him, but I wouldn’t blame him if he doesn’t feel like participating anymore at this point
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Form made me love Nightforce. Cost a fûckn small fortune and I’m only 8 scopes in. Fûck off form and happy new year.

PS mtnboomer said he’d blow you if he knew what you looked like. 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣. His suck them all off strategy didn’t work. 😉😎😎😎😎🍆😂😂

# happy-new-year-men.

Wow, you're so cool.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by joshf303

You easily take the 2019 Campfire Dipschit Award...2020 is yours for the taking.

Having an opinion and differences is one thing, but you’ve gotta be on of the dumbest/densest clowns on this site. And that’s saying something...

Been proven many times over, the dipchititude in Utah is strong.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19

CC,

Show us where Formidilosus ever said anything about putting 100k rounds through a Tikka barrel. I’ll give you a hint... He never said that. So why do you keep posting that lie?

John
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Precisely. And despite attempts by multiple individuals (including several on this thread) to help CC comprehend; he
chooses not to. At this point, I am starting to think it is merely feigned ignorance for the attention (albeit negative) which it brings.
You do realize the “OP” brags about shooting “100k” rounds through his tikka 6.5’s but post pics of guns with factory barrels on them? But then again you say go read the thread, Maybe you should and be careful what information you swallow as gospel and from whom. Go ahead and keep swallowing everything the group and pack thinks. I don’t give a Rip about anyone’s approval
And the post cc gets it from ...
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
Bottom rifle is a T3x Lite SS, 6.5 Creedmoor also in a KRG chassis. It has mounted a SWFA SS 3-9x with way more than 100,000 rounds on it. If the Meopta works correctly, it’ll go on the 6.5 and go antelope hunting.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19

LOL, a very polite way to put it.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Forms hunt stories are rad.

They get all the Quick Load Pressure Nazi types worked up with thoughts of enthused copy cat readers getting themselves killed trying to out do his incredible death defying feats.

Pure entertainment and quite a step up from the 24hcf puppet show we get around here anymore.

His posts about rifles are great too and it’d be a shame if he got ran off by guys that just don’t like being out done.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
It seems like he had very few detractors. If they were an issue for him, he could have ignored them or put them on ignore. His threads and contributions were very high on the signal and very low on the noise. Much more so than most threads here.
Posted By: koshkin Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
500 to 600 buck range.
With a lock ring ocular.

Just wishing....

Jmo....

They have been properly prodded. A lot. They have multiple things in the works, which all take time.

In general, all I can say is that the SS line of scopes is not going anywhere and they will not release anything that is any less reliable than the scope that gave them the reputation they have.

I will release details as I have them. Do keep in mind that patience is a virtue.

ILya
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Sweet!
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Formidolous doesn't seem like the type to have hurt feelings. Its not unusual for him to be out for while. He'll be back.
Posted By: kingston Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL, a very polite way to put it.

#howtospellretard
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
Originally Posted by koshkin
500 to 600 buck range.
With a lock ring ocular.

Just wishing....

Jmo....

They have been properly prodded. A lot. They have multiple things in the works, which all take time.

In general, all I can say is that the SS line of scopes is not going anywhere and they will not release anything that is any less reliable than the scope that gave them the reputation they have.

I will release details as I have them. Do keep in mind that patience is a virtue.

ILya

Nice to hear!
Posted By: atse Re: Formidilosus - 12/30/19
The ss 3x9 is pretty good on a tikka as it is. My boy shot a 4" group at 540 yd s today with his 243. Prone in the snow.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Originally Posted by koshkin
500 to 600 buck range.
With a lock ring ocular.

Just wishing....

Jmo....

ILya

Nice to hear!

Fugging A Tweety !!!!
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
You and Formi are the main reasons I put a SS 3-9 on my Tikka 308. If I can get w/in range of a wolf and miss it will be on me, not the gun/scope. Oh crap, there goes my excusegrin

mike r
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
i would guess Form is busy doing real stuff.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Originally Posted by atse
The ss 3x9 is pretty good on a tikka as it is. My boy shot a 4" group at 540 yd s today with his 243. Prone in the snow.

Stunt shooter laugh

Mike
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Probably putting 100k rounds through another Tikka......

Please show where he said he'd ever done that!

Either y'all are extremely dense or we really need a sarcasm symbol...

Mike
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right

Mike

I’m dying!!!!

Can’t make this stuff up!!!

Hahaha!!!!
Honestly can’t believe that just went down!!!!

Hahaha!!!!!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19

Mike

Dude.......
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Formadilio seems like a knowledgeable and helpful guy..... you gotta admit a few things he claims sends up red flags. I hope he sticks around...
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19

Mike

Dude.......

LOL. "Sarcasm symbol" was definitely on.
Good, ha ha glad I missed it just REALLY over the asinine 100K comments already!
Originally Posted by irfubar
Formadilio seems like a knowledgeable and helpful guy..... you gotta admit a few things he claims sends up red flags. I hope he sticks around...

I don’t gotta admit schidt!!!!

💩💩💩💩
Originally Posted by Higbean

I don’t gotta admit schidt!!!!

💩💩💩💩

Do you remember a few years back when he went elk hunting in S.W. Montana? that was quite a story... smile
The “red flags” schit is funny to me as I’ve never heard a hunting story at deer camp!
Aaaaw hell Hig he may be totally legit for all I know...... I have just become a little gun shy here at the fire lately.... wink
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
His squatch hunting stories seemed a little questionable but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
I do recall he had a pic facing down a grizz with a Glock 9..... now if it was a Crater Lake grizz that's somethin
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
I had no clue there are grizzly bear at crater lake.
Has anyone been attacked?
Posted By: 79S Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19

Mike

I guess the day they taught sarcasm at school, you stayed home..
Posted By: sidepass Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
While I find his post informative, some of youz guys bromance is more so!
Originally Posted by 79S

Mike

I guess the day they taught sarcasm at school, you stayed home..

Not exactly pretty good at it actually, but there are some that are still beating the dead horse and having jumped back on the fire and not knowing who was who in the regard 'bout blew a gasket because Lord knows folks on the fire fit the bill sometimes!

Mike
Posted By: CaptArab Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19
Him and stick/boxer convinced me I really don't need anything other than a 6x ss and a 75 gr 223 to kill everything I hunt.
Oughta save me a fortune if they're right.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Formidilosus - 12/31/19

Originally Posted by sidepass
While I find his post informative, some of youz guys bromance is more so!

I read some where. Normally those that struggle with these kind of thoughts. Also struggle with homo sexual tendencies. Probably on the fire, so had to be true. LMAO.

Take care, Willie
Tikka's barrels last 100,000 rounds and Fred is ded....... who knew? smile
Originally Posted by Sargejustice

I am sad to report Fred111 was ate by the crater lake grizz, that's why he is no longer with us...... frown
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
A service will be held for Fred on Jan. 2 , 2020, it will be held at the Chehalis dog park , his remains will be scattered on the lawn.

Fred put up a good fight but he was no match for the crater lake grizz...

Fred's remains...... so sad

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20

I am sad to report Fred111 was ate by the crater lake grizz, that's why he is no longer with us...... frown

Late reports confirmed through a scat pile found near the Craters edge, that Frud was positively identified by remnants of his Hawaiian shirt mixed in the turd pile....So Sad 😞 Frud is gone!

Fist 😎
A service will be held for Fred on Jan. 2 , 2020, it will be held at the Chehalis dog park , his remains will be scattered on the lawn.

Fred put up a good fight but he was no match for the crater lake grizz...

Fred's remains...... so sad

Laffin....Like minds that are sick and twisted....Fist bump! 😎
You can see the Hawaiian shirt remains in the scat pile... proof
You can see the Hawaiian shirt remains in the scat pile... proof

Word is a barely legible note was found at the scene of the attack...The note was hard to decipher due to spelling and grammar errors, but forensic language experts believe it was Fred’s Last Will & Testaments....He left his SWFA Classic 3-15x42 SFP MOA Scopes to Higgy and Jordan.

A beautiful gesture 👍🏻😎
He was suppose to leave me the Hawaiian shirt... damn the luck frown
Posted By: 1Akshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Many years ago when I was a wee lad, I spent lots of time shooting my sacred single shot .22. It functioned flawlessly. About 30 years ago I started carrying a gun some times at work and the 1911 worked very well. Then my department issued GLOCK .40's and I was sent to some shooting classes and a Handgun Instructor class. In the course of 5 days thousands of rounds were fired. Lo and behold some guns had issues with minor things, sights came loose, extractors broke, magazines failed to work properly, etc.

Got me to thinking that if a guy puts something through lots of heavy use over a period of time things fail and need replacing. I think that is where Form leaves the rest of the pack behind for the most part. He does not appear to be concerned with looks, but is concerned with function and knows what works when a scope is used hard on a regular basis. He is very familiar with the mil system and shares his experiences with others.

I appreciate his wisdom and have shared one PM message with him. So now my custom .338 wears a Nightforce scope. Thanks Form and have a great New Year filled with lots of joy and shooting!
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While some of Form's hunting posts have left me scratching my head a little, his experience with a bunch of scopes, shot a LOT by other people (not just him) is very valuable.

We have corresponded some about how various scopes hold up under considerable recoil and lot of shooting. I do not have as much experience training/watching others, but shoot more than average, especially when initially testing scopes on harder-kicking rifles. Have now had 20 different brands (not individual scopes) fail just from my own shooting--though in some instances I was deliberately trying to break
"affordable" scopes, which their companies claimed were "shock-proof."

Anyway, our experience with various brands pretty much matches. Don't really care as much about hunting stories as how various scopes work.
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While some of Form's hunting posts have left me scratching my head a little, his experience with a bunch of scopes, shot a LOT by other people (not just him) is very valuable.

We have corresponded some about how various scopes hold up under considerable recoil and lot of shooting. I do not have as much experience training/watching others, but shoot more than average, especially when initially testing scopes on harder-kicking rifles. Have now had 20 different brands (not individual scopes) fail just from my own shooting--though in some instances I was deliberately trying to break

Anyway, our experience with various brands pretty much matches. Don't really care as much about hunting stories as how various scopes work.

Gun writers are the welfare recipients of the gun world and a dead if not forgotten relic of the modern age. The days of Fleecing down companies for free gear, to lie about in articles are nearing an end due to the ability for those companies to reach their customers on social media. Hope MR BARNS saved his retirement money because BSing readers to keep company’s feeding gear is coming to an end.

But folks have to eat so maybe government Cheese cook book will pay rent.
Posted By: JGray Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Oh my!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

Gun writers are the welfare recipients of the gun world and a dead if not forgotten relic of the modern age. The days of Fleecing down companies for free gear, to lie about in articles are nearing an end due to the ability for those companies to reach their customers on social media. Hope MR BARNS saved his retirement money because BSing readers to keep company’s feeding gear is coming to an end.

Which AZZHOLE sock puppet are you? Take a hike.
Sniveling doesn’t negate facts.
Social media is killing print and the days of free gear are over.
The consumer is tired of lies and pandering.
Say it’s not true and you are only lying to yourself.

The days of hand outs are closing fast.
Azzholes have been the harbingers of truth when the weak quivering lipped crowd stood and watched the world pass bye.
You should take notes as you will want to reflect soon.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Big Sarge Boxer in the flesh.
Originally Posted by ctsmith
Big Sarge Boxer in the flesh.

Bless your heart!!!!!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Free Rent 2020....
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Free Rent 2020....

Don’t spook the hole!
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

WTF is this? John is the least commercial driven writer that we have. He calls a spade a spade and a goat a goat. He is about one of the last of an old breed but by god I will keep him ammo by buying every magazine with his articles in it.
Posted By: shinbone Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Mule Deer produces high quality stuff. I especially like the Gun Gack books. I know a lot of other people do, too.

The creation of the internet and the rise of gun forums, where it is super easy for a multitude of people to instantly share their personal experiences with a product (for better or for worse) has certainly changed magazine-based gun reviews. Mule Deer has successfully accommodated the new format, and still produces excellent material. Sargejustice is stuck in the pre-internet age.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

Before he passed away I was friends with one of the editors for Guns and Ammo. One time he wanted me do so some shooting with a Kimber .22 ($1,200) wearing a Leupold 30X with a 1/8" dot. We fired about a dozen brands of expensive and cheaper ammo at fifty yards. All groups were between 1 1/4" and 1 1/2". There was another guy who did some shooting at a different time for him also. When the article came out there were no bad groups so I complimented the other shooter. He told me, "I thought you did all the good shooting."

I confronted the editor and he said, "I must have left off the "1"s. Well I owed him a favor anyway."

Years later I think I know what was wrong. The scope was bad from the get go.
Posted By: GeorgiaBoy Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

WOW!

Joined April 2019...with a total 16 posts...already put in ignore category.

That's a record!
Posted By: atse Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

While this might be true with some gun writers, it is not the case with John, ie. Muledeer. If you had read much of what he has written, you would know that. I don't think you are as bright as you think you are.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
This has turned into quite the thread. Who's next?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Sargejustice,

And a very Happy New Year to you, too!
Posted By: dvdegeorge Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
As the Campfire Turns 2020 edition....have fun kids
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
LOL. Another "member" that created multiple usernames along the way because he knew he was going to be banned. But it's definitely not Big Stick/Boxer.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Sargejustice,

And a very Happy New Year to you, too!

Nice work taking the high road. Not surprised, but well done JB.
Posted By: koshkin Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
What started out as a perfectly reasonable thread became... well, what it seems to become most of the time around here.

Happy New Year, folks!

Let's keep 2020 civil.

ILya
Posted By: screaminweasil Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
Happy New Year.........thanks for the entertainment "campfire"
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Formidilosus - 01/01/20
1Akshooter,

Thanks for your post.

Every optic that I have purchased on mulder's recommendation has been stellar
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
Anyone who would comment negatively on MD's writings probably doesn't read very much. There are several people on this site with whom I would like to hunt, for the knowledge and the ability to teach that knowledge to others. Those same people would probably be fun to hang out with. A rare combination.

mike r
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
Happy New Year

I bet Form posts something anyday now.
Posted By: ctsmith Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
Originally Posted by 257heaven
But it's definitely not Big Stick/Boxer.

You are right. Looked at his other posts. Definitely not Stick.
Posted By: SKane Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚➚

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
Oh good grief! It's not like we didn't have enough people trying to spiral this forum down the drain. Holy crap!!!
Posted By: WAM Re: Formidilosus - 01/02/20
Me thinks Sargejustice might have had a double scoop of the New Years Eve sauce? LOL!
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Formidilosus - 01/03/20
"Let's get ready to rumble, in this corner weighing 278 lbs 200 of which is mouth. It's Laaarrrry Roooooot!"
Que Paul Blart Mall Cop theme song
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/03/20
Someone calls fake news, fake news and the campfire crew sounds like Rachel Maddow fans, after a TRUMP rally.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
Someone calls fake news, fake news and the campfire crew sounds like Rachel Maddow fans, after a TRUMP rally.

If one were to compare the contributions of Muledeer and Formi to those of whoever sargejustice may be,only a madcow would not laugh. Go away sargeposer.

mike r
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
lvmiker,

I disagree. We need to welcome sarge into the fold, so we can be enlightened by his concisely written posts, which reveal vast experience with various optics.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
lvmiker,

I disagree. We need to welcome sarge into the fold, so we can be enlightened by his concisely written posts, which reveal vast experience with various optics.

Whut hee sayed!

Frud

Hint......
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
lvmiker,

I think you are just cheap and want free entertainment! ;-)
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
Sarge is definitely pissing up the wrong tree here. There are hacks in every business/industry, MD is NOT one of them.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20

Azzholes have been the harbingers of truth when the weak quivering lipped crowd stood and watched the world pass bye.

Is this a poem?
Posted By: koshkin Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
lvmiker,

Happy New Year, John! A little sarcasm goes a long way...

ILya
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
1.25$ worth, wasn’t it gentleman.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Is this a poem?

It looks like one but it don't rhyme?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/04/20
Harbinger.....negates....pandering....no misspelled words...
Hig might be right, but if it is Fred, he's having beaver edit it.

I'm betting steelhead/girlhunter. Somebody needs to start a pool. $20 buy in.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
Certainly not ‘stick (he was hitchin’); agree it ain’t frud; don’t think it’s SH; I’ll go with mstevenson and take jackrootwad for $20.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20

The dollar sign comes before the numbers moron.
Posted By: wdenike Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The dollar sign comes before the numbers moron.

Don't pick on a highly educated idiot!! LMAO

Take care, Willie
Posted By: JOG Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
lvmiker,

I'm actually a little embarrassed by belonging to the same internet forum as him. I assuaged my feelings by ordering a copy of SLICE OF THE WILD.
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20

Shout over the top of anyone you disagree with.
Must be more gals on this site than I originally thought.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20

Is this a poem?

A poem doesn’t have to rhyme.
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
I believe one could get more honest gun advice from scenarshooter, big stick or spotshooter.
At least they have good gear and are not shamelessly selling cook books.
Posted By: 79S Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
I believe one could get more honest gun advice from scenarshooter, big stick or spotshooter.
At least they have good gear and are not shamelessly selling cook books.

Damn shots fired ...
Paula Deen has cook books.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20

Is this a poem?

Haiku?
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20

She's racist. Helluva cook though.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Formidilosus - 01/05/20
Id buy a big stick cookbook. 101 ways to cook a steelhead.
Originally Posted by kaboku68
Id buy a big stick cookbook. 101 ways to cook a steelhead.

Chef Larry ; don’t think he’s cooking any grub.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20

Is this a poem?

A poem doesn’t have to rhyme.

The good ones do.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
You mean like "There once was a man from Nantucket..."?
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
What the phucqk?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20

And Slaves....😎
Posted By: mathman Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
I recall another who made the occasional comment about print being dead, but he came across as a doofus rather than a dickhead.
Originally Posted by mathman
I recall another who made the occasional comment about print being dead, but he came across as a doofus rather than a dickhead.

Maybe a dickhead identifying as a doofus? Hard to know for sure these days.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
So are we taking a pool on SargeJustices real identity or what? I’m down for a good betting pool.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
You mean like "There once was a man from Nantucket..."?

A classic!!
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
The meat is waaaaay more important than the title of the recipe!

Hint!
The meat is waaaaay more important than the title of the recipe!

Hint!

A saying many elsewhere wouldn't know.
From where it came, to or fro.
Who doesn't and who does really shoots.
Sock puppets and others in cahoots.
So get ye Koontz off the couch and get doing for the show.
Posted By: HeavyDove Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
Thank You Formidilosus.

I now have 4 SWFA's in 12X.
.223 bolt
.22-250 bolt
.243 bolt
.308 bolt

Your information you shared helped me.

Finished a 5 mile nonstop run today.

HeavyDove
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
Originally Posted by Higbean
The “red flags” schit is funny to me as I’ve never heard a hunting story at deer camp!

In your defense you really don’t hunt much that I can see, so you are most likely maybe a bunch correct.
I will give you credit for punching paper.
I read the boots for sale add, I found it funny good job.
About scopes, and our friend Formidilosus.
My new ATACR is kick but, thanks for the information. Formidilosus you ever write a cook book and I’m calling you a sellout.
Unless it’s how to flamethrower towel heads into crispy bite size snacks. I’d buy that wink
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/06/20
Spelled butt wrong so maybe it is Fred?

Definitely
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

It’s not Fred...It’s someone’s bleeder posting. I smell Massengill twat spray on every post...😎
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Mmmmm, "the smell of twat spray in the morning!"
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by Beaver10

It’s not Fred...It’s someone’s bleeder posting. I smell Massengill twat spray on every post...😎

That narrows it down to about half the people that post on here. Watch4bear, steve4102, elkslayer91 all come to mind specifically.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
mathman,

More than once, I explained to our doofus Campfire member who kept insisting that print was dead, that instead print was very much alive--and provided statistics from the publishing industry. But he insisted, apparently because of being an "example of one," who no longer bought any print magazines. Instead he only read the Campfire--not a bad deal at all, but not the big picture. (Cannot remember his Campfire handle, but he hasn't posted in a while, so suspect he has gone to the Big Chat-Room in the Sky.)

One thing I tried to explain to him is that while print is no longer the biggie anymore, it's still very much part of the mix. Some magazines have INCREASED paper circulation after they started offering an Internet version--which is a good way to promote any magazine.

Have been "gun writing" for the Internet since the late 1990s, partly because paper magazines asked me to write for their website. But one thing I noticed is that Internet writing pays less than paper magazines, even now. This does not just apply to "gun writing," but across the industry.

Have also never relied on just "gun writing" to make a living writing. Instead have written for a wide variety of magazines, including Sports Illustrated (where I sold my first article, on flyfishing in the winter, over 40 years ago), and National Geographic. Neither of those magazines is going out of print, and neither are many others. Though SI no longer runs fishing and hunting articles, an apparently depends more in bikinis.

Since tax time is coming up, Eileen and I have been analyzing our income figures. Just about a third of our income comes from the print magazines I write for, but a little more comes from the Internet--IF you count all our book sales as Internet. But they're all print books, only ordered off the Internet. In fact, we decided a while back to do only print books, because e-books do not deal well with data--which is a BIG part of my gun books and Eileen's game cookbooks. (Which I do "shamelessly promote" on the Campfire. That's part of the deal I have with Rick Bin--but I also am the first taste-tester of Eileen's recipes, which I have now been eating for close to 30 years. Her very first cookbook sold over 100,000 copies, which ain't bad.)

If print is dying, it's very odd that each year for the past decade, our book sales have increased.
Posted By: The_Yetti Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
mathman,

More than once, I explained to our doofus Campfire member who kept insisting that print was dead, that instead print was very much alive--and provided statistics from the publishing industry. But he insisted, apparently because of being an "example of one," who no longer bought any print magazines. Instead he only read the Campfire--not a bad deal at all, but not the big picture. (Cannot remember his Campfire handle, but he hasn't posted in a while, so suspect he has gone to the Big Chat-Room in the Sky.)

Savage99?
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
I was too young to send letters to Elmer Keith or Jack O'Connor so about the closest thing I have to it is to post on forum threads like this. What really hurts is that you will have some really great information fouled up by some jacked up reject who wants to be a troll complete with flame on hair. Its kind of like going hunting with a hero or idol of yours and some freaking noob comes along pointing his own gun at his pecker. Some day people are going to figure out that the best forum threads like the ones with Alan Day or Michael Petrov were invaluable and their dumb monkey gesticulations and red baboon butt ruined a lot of good writing.
Well said.

One of the best experiences I've had was Eileen and I spending half a day with Michael Petrov and his wife in Anchorage, while we were on our way to spend several days with Phil Shoemaker, Rocky Harrison and Tia and Taj. Got to see not only Mike's vast collection of classic custom rifles, but got hunt ptamigan and catch vast numbers of fish among LOTS of brown bears with the Hairy Shoes.
Posted By: Sargejustice Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
mathman,

One thing I tried to explain to him is that while print is no longer the biggie anymore, it's still very much part of the mix. Some magazines have INCREASED paper circulation after they started offering an Internet version--which is a good way to promote any magazine.

Have been "gun writing" for the Internet since the late 1990s, partly because paper magazines asked me to write for their website. But one thing I noticed is that Internet writing pays less than paper magazines, even now. This does not just apply to "gun writing," but across the industry.

Have also never relied on just "gun writing" to make a living writing. Instead have written for a wide variety of magazines, including Sports Illustrated (where I sold my first article, on flyfishing in the winter, over 40 years ago), and National Geographic. Neither of those magazines is going out of print, and neither are many others. Though SI no longer runs fishing and hunting articles, an apparently depends more in bikinis.

Since tax time is coming up, Eileen and I have been analyzing our income figures. Just about a third of our income comes from the print magazines I write for, but a little more comes from the Internet--IF you count all our book sales as Internet. But they're all print books, only ordered off the Internet. In fact, we decided a while back to do only print books, because e-books do not deal well with data--which is a BIG part of my gun books and Eileen's game cookbooks. (Which I do "shamelessly promote" on the Campfire. That's part of the deal I have with Rick Bin--but I also am the first taste-tester of Eileen's recipes, which I have now been eating for close to 30 years. Her very first cookbook sold over 100,000 copies, which ain't bad.)

If print is dying, it's very odd that each year for the past decade, our book sales have increased.

Oh good lord, a great explanation for the followers. I’m Embarrassed for you John.

It’s simple social media that cuts the middle man out of the chain. Gun Industry/manufacturers can directly inform their consumers. You can write all the entertaining stories your heart desires (You definitely have an amazing skill) but the product review days are numbered. It’s nothing personal, I just can’t kiss you on the ring and close my eyes to the facts.
Rachael Ray should get ahold of Rick, I bet she could even sell dog food on here.
#videokilledtheradiostars
#thefuturessobrightihavetowearshades
Posted By: Texczech Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
The Buggles and TimBuc3
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Too many words....
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Oh good lord, a great explanation for the followers. I’m Embarrassed for you John.

It’s simple social media that cuts the middle man out of the chain. Gun Industry/manufacturers can directly inform their consumers. You can write all the entertaining stories your heart desires (You definitely have an amazing skill) but the product review days are numbered. It’s nothing personal, I just can’t kiss you on the ring and close my eyes to the facts.
Rachael Ray should get ahold of Rick, I bet she could even sell dog food on here.

I for one trust what John says!! I'll read what the company claims, but I still care what a few of the writers and video producers have to say.

No different than others here on the fire. I have come to value their opinion on certain subjects.

Not a difficult concept for most besides you!

Mike

I for one trust what John says!! I'll read what the company claims, but I still care what a few of the writers and video producers have to say.

No different than others here on the fire. I have come to value their opinion on certain subjects.

Mike

Just so happens, I kill enough game and help other do the same that I don’t need some hack telling me what to run.
I also don’t watch CNN or MSNBC some enjoy the warm fuzzies while getting screwed I will pass on the screwing.
GRIN!
I also married well and she doesn’t need a 12.99$ cook book to make elk taste good.

Ready to take it hard! you should start a gofundme, John has a tax bill coming soon.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
[quote=smokepole]Mmmmm, "the smell of twat spray in the morning!"[/qu

Smells like..... Victory
[quote=smokepole]Mmmmm, "the smell of twat spray in the morning!"[/qu

Smells like..... Victory

AMEN!
Fred3 has become an accomplished “Shapeshifter”....He who flies amongst us, ever seeing....😎

Originally Posted by The_Yetti
mathman,

Savage99?

Yep. But I don't think this guy is Savage 99.

Savage 99 was much smarter.
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
I’m betting the proxy is Jackmountain, after all he’s fingering everyone he can
Normally, I would've suspected myself, but I like cookbooks.

Fred can’t read, or spell...SardineJuice definitely ain’t him. I smell vinegar,..hint 😎
Mule Deer getting bashed??? I suspect an inside job. Someone bought a cookbook from MD, then gave it to their wife to lift up her culinary game...

The wife, a horrible cook to begin with...She crucified a deer tenderloin, our member got angry, wife blames the cookbook and she is out for some bad cookbook revenge...Solved it!

Inspector Beaver at your service. 😜😎
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Just so happens, I kill enough game and help other do the same that I don’t need some hack telling me what to run.

I'm guessing by "some hack", based on your other posts, you are referring to Mule Deer and his writings. I've read his writing for years. My take is that he writes about his experiences, testing, use, etc. and in no way tells others "what to run". If your take is that his writings are telling you "what to run", I wonder why you would even participate in a forum such as this. After all, it is, in theory, a bunch of people writing about their own experiences which, apparently, equals telling you, and others, "what to run".
When the guys here start trying to help their wives sell Mary Kay cosmetics or Jamberry's nail wraps, I will call them hacks as well.
Nothing is funnier than a 100% unbiased opinion from our resident gun writer.
Have you ever read about a gun Jonny didn’t like?
Better question you ever get a copy of Elmer Keith or Jack O’connor’s cookbook? Ya that’s what I thought. I will agree entertaining, but unbiased product advice it is not.

I was watching food network last night and Rachael Ray was cooking chicken tits and fries and it made me chuckle, thinking about Ricks golden goose getting plucked one feather at a time.
Have a great day gentleman.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Mike

I also don’t watch CNN or MSNBC some enjoy the warm fuzzies while getting screwed I will pass on the screwing.
GRIN!
I also married well and she doesn’t need a 12.99$ cook book to make elk taste good.

Ready to take it hard! you should start a gofundme, John has a tax bill coming soon.

If you had ever read John's work, you'd know that he doesn't tell anyone what to "run." He provides information based upon considerable experience and experimentation and lets readers make up their own minds. He even admits to having some degree of bias. We all do. If you think he's a hack, who is he a hack for? Provide supporting evidence.

The $ sign comes before the numbers moron. If you'd married well she would have slapped some sense into you by now.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
None of you have any focus....it's like a bunch of kids who can't stay on task. This thread is about bashing Formidilosus.....you've all lost focus on that. You need to start another thread for bashing Mule Deer.

The only thing I’ve read over and over from John is his love for the
6.5 CM...He probably loves the 270 Win as well.

Otherwise, MD is pretty impartial. Just printing what he knows from experience.

Not sure why SardineJuice is ripping him...But, we’ve all been nailed to the cross once or more for opinions, observations, or spewing inaccuracies that could send a person down a rabbit hole.

It makes the Fire what it is...MD isn’t losing any sleep over this Shît. But, if you really want to get Mule Deer sideways. Tell him his 6.5 cm is just another hyped fad portrayed by himself to sell magazines. Grins.

😎

PS

Curious here on how big SardineSnatches boobs are.
Ha!

Actually, I don't "love" the 6.5 Creedmoor--but have fooled with it enough to understand the reasons for its popularity. Which is what I have pointed out to those who claim there's no reason for the Creedmoor to even exist, though they've never fired one....
I much prefer reading JB over the old, well, older guys.
Ha!

Actually, I don't "love" the 6.5 Creedmoor--but have fooled with it enough to understand the reasons for its popularity. Which is what I have pointed out to those who claim there's no reason for the Creedmoor to even exist, though they've never fired one....

Not trying to tell you your business, but Im pretty sure it's Creedmore.
I much prefer reading JB over the old, well, older guys.

I much prefer the writers of his generation over the guys that followed in the 70's, 80's and 90's up til now.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
None of you have any focus....it's like a bunch of kids who can't stay on task. This thread is about bashing Formidilosus.....you've all lost focus on that. You need to start another thread for bashing Mule Deer.

Herding cats.
When the guys here start trying to help their wives sell Mary Kay cosmetics or Jamberry's nail wraps, I will call them hacks as well.
Better question you ever get a copy of Elmer Keith or Jack O’connor’s cookbook? Ya that’s what I thought. I will agree entertaining, but unbiased product advice it is not.

I was watching food network last night and Rachael Ray was cooking chicken tits and fries and it made me chuckle, thinking about Ricks golden goose getting plucked one feather at a time.

Sounds like an attention whore with his panties bunched up 'cause someone else has made a name for himself and gets all the attention.....
Posted By: 79S Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
I will say this ol muledeer did vouch for safariman.. then again 90% of you did as well..
Originally Posted by 79S
I will say this ol muledeer did vouch for safariman.. then again 90% of you did as well..

WTF are you talking about?
I like this sargejustice fella he’s funny and witty..
Originally Posted by 79S

Safariman sold gospel CD's, not cookbooks. I'm pretty sure formidilosus sold neither, but can't guarantee that.
Originally Posted by 79S

A chick with a dick ain’t ever funny bro...Not that I’ve ever gotten as drunk as Smoke has to find this out too late....😬😂😎
Posted By: JGRaider Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Sounds like an attention whore with his panties bunched up 'cause someone else has made a name for himself and gets all the attention.....

Good point smoke, but Sarge is doing a fine job of making a name for himself too. Trolls are very good at it actually.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Don't know about Formys hunting stories, but that dude on here that posted a pic of peeking over a rock at 150lbs of pissed off mountain pussy with a revolver in his hand has tungsten nuts!
Originally Posted by 79S

Hopefully your attempting to be sarcastic. If not it says more about you than it does Sarge.

Safariman sold gospel CD's, not cookbooks. I'm pretty sure formidilosus sold neither, but can't guarantee that.

We’ve had cookbooks, gospel cd’s from the biggest man in the quartet, soiled couch pillows, and now some jamberry wraps. Wtf are jamberry wraps.

Originally Posted by 79S

I’m betting he knows a few things about fine firearms and probably would be kickass to share a bottle of whiskey with over a fire. One of these days she may unmask her proxy so we all know who she is.

Old rottenRoot has been awfully quiet as of late so maybe it’s his work at play here.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Mike

GRIN!

Whew, Sargejustice, scary bad man let me get in touch with my softer side!! Ha what a joke!!

I've never seen the internets before let me run off and shed a tear now!

I know that's a lot of syllables for you to digest so keep up..

Mike
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by 79S

Hopefully your attempting to be sarcastic. If not it says more about you than it does Sarge.

Nope not being sarcastic, and come on now you are a holy man you shouldn’t be passing judgement on other people.. and like most here really don’t give a chit about your opinion.. now go and be at peace my son..

Luckily I married an italian who loves to cook or I would probably have to subsist on bbq, chili cheese corn dogs and Pabst Blue Ribbon.
I will say I bought one mule deers wife’s cook books and best thing I bought in awhile. The breakfast sausage recipe she has is one of the best!
Posted By: pointer Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by gunner500
Don't know about Formys hunting stories, but that dude on here that posted a pic of peeking over a rock at 150lbs of pissed off mountain pussy with a revolver in his hand has tungsten nuts!
He's actually kind of a sissy... wink
Originally Posted by pointer

Uh-Huh! I see. grin

Ted can be a smidge hard on a pussy....Especially if one decides to take a chunk outta his dog. Lmao 😎
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Yup, Ted's the real deal !
laugh, I'd damn sure think so.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Old rottenRoot has been awfully quiet as of late so maybe it’s his work at play here.

Rootytoot is currently posting as "3040HighWall"

I'm leaning towards 'flave or even Formie himself as Sarge!
Posted By: Johnny Dollar Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Okay, be kind to the slow kid in the room, and tell me what the Hell ya’all are talking ‘bout...?
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Nope not being sarcastic, and come on now you are a holy man you shouldn’t be passing judgement on other people.. and like most here really don’t give a chit about your opinion.. now go and be at peace my son..

Like I said.........thanks for the confirmation.
Since we're all voicing our opinions, my informed prognosis of "sardineJuice" is that he was a bed wetter until 15, due to daddy issues.

Once dad noticed this disgusting, non familial trait, he bought shares in depends, made his fortune, via Cramer & moved out of the single-wide, to a better life.

End of story.
He's just misunderstood. It's not easy being a super hero.
Posted By: pointer Re: Formidilosus - 01/07/20

Ted can be a smidge hard on a pussy....Especially if one decides to take a chunk outta his dog. Lmao 😎

Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar

Okay, be kind to the slow kid in the room, and tell me what the Hell ya’all are talking ‘bout...?
Some guy posts an awesome pic of him with a live mountain lion. I say he's a sissy and these guys don't believe me. laugh
He's just misunderstood. It's not easy being a super hero.

Your my hero Jack 😜. You should fly out and come get drunk with me, Beav and the reprobate formerly known as Früd. Bring $1’s for the Acropolis and bail money
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Like I said.........thanks for the confirmation.

So uh,,,,,,,,,, we aren’t going to hang out and party???
Originally Posted by FOsteology

It’s not flave...
Some guy posts an awesome pic of him with a live mountain lion. I say he's a sissy and these guys don't believe me. laugh

I missed that, where is it?
Here ya go Smoke;

T_Inman or tiny dick, as I like to call him !

wink

But he does have big balls !

I missed that, where is it?

Linky please!
Tinman posting a pic of pussy...yeah...should have figured that one out myself!
The infamous words;

Originally Posted by T_Inman
That particular cat was going to live, 'till it chomped on a dog.

Long story, but I learned a few valuable lessons that day...Don't shoot FMJs through the chest if you want something to die pronto....A cougar that plays possum as you straddle it (what kind of cougar?) will make a guy crap his drawers, two bullets lodged into a barrel while a lion has a dog in it's mouth is a good way to get a guy's heart rate up and don't kick a lion or yank on it's tail, even if it is being stretched by 4 other hounds.

After an expensive vet bill that first hound was going crazy trying to kill a house cat in a cage in the vet's office...they're persistent.

Drink lots of beer after an event such as this.

Pic again;

That pic is just awesome........

My limited interactions with Form lead me to believe he'd not take interest in such utter phucqking nonsense.
Ok?
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
Did I really read all this shiit, my head hurts
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
Ho-Lee-Fuqk the cabin fever is strong this year....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
Spring is just around the corner. wink
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
24 pages, 235 posts & the object of the OP's affection hasn't typed a single word.

MM
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
Mule Deer getting bashed??? I suspect an inside job. Someone bought a cookbook from MD, then gave it to their wife to lift up her culinary game...

The wife, a horrible cook to begin with...She crucified a deer tenderloin, our member got angry, wife blames the cookbook and she is out for some bad cookbook revenge...Solved it!

Inspector Beaver at your service. 😜😎

Guessing is half the fun, now you went and ruined it.
Posted By: ckat Re: Formidilosus - 01/08/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
24 pages, 235 posts & the object of the OP's affection hasn't typed a single word.

MM

Oh, but he’s lurking...

In my opinion, Form (and MD) are a WEALTH of knowledge and experience. I greatly value any insight that they are willing to share.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
I have it under good authority that MuleDeer, Formidilosus and Sargejustice are one and the same. Apparently John suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Actually, don't tell jaguarx, but this whole site is a CIA set up/trap and everyone on it is one agent charged with entrapping him in order to arrest him and hand him over to the Rothschild's and the Jewish cabal so they can use him as a satanic sacrifice/sex slave.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
Posted By: 257heaven Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
I have it under good authority that MuleDeer, Formidilosus and Sargejustice are one and the same. Apparently John suffers from multiple personality disorder.

Actually, don't tell jaguarx, but this whole site is a CIA set up/trap and everyone on it is one agent charged with entrapping him in order to arrest him and hand him over to the Rothschild's and the Jewish cabal so they can use him as a satanic sacrifice/sex slave.

I've heard that as well. Uncanny!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20

Winner, winner ...
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
It's this kind of BULLCHIT that is ruining the Campfire.

Sarcastic font.
Posted By: FOsteology Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
Jackmountain,

I've heard those rumors in the back channels as well. Also seem to recall Mossad is involved...

I'm simply a neutral observer. Enjoying the "show" whilst eating my popcorn.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20
[quote=MtnBoomer]It's this kind of BULLCHIT that is ruining the Campfire.

...257heaven
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Formidilosus - 01/09/20

......I'm simply a neutral observer. ......

Dead giveaway that he's part of the Cabal, a vast shadow government that has infiltrated the campfire.
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
This be one of the more entertainin' threads I've read in a while.

Multiple storylines.

A fine cast of characters.

A double mystery.

The only thing we're missing is Big Stick showing up and getting into it with SargeJustice.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
I'm sorry but DELGUE is the best interent handle I've ever seen!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20

It is pretty damned good!
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
I think it’s really just the fact that someone burnt their oyster stuffed antelope backstrap because they decided to experiment with one of Mrs. Mule Deer’s recipes whilst cooking in a cast iron pan recommended by Manlicher after cutting the meat with an axe bought from Scott the buss-driving “Girlwonder”!
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Thankee kindly, gents.

Jeremiah Johnson is one of my favorite movies, and when he and Jeremiah parted company, Del started into his 'I are a mountain man' speech, which left an impression on me, so I have used it for my internet name here and elsewhere. grin
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
I might re-up my R&R just to spite lil'SargePuffer!

Seriously!
Posted By: BeardHunter Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Delgue is pretty damn good. I saw a Colt Seavers on Facebook the other day that brought back some memories.
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Says beardhunter
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20

It is pretty damned good!

Sure have to triple agree with that!

Wonder if ol’ Sarge has an issue with John’s cook Em books? Hmmm...
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Form has established a partnership with Saeed and is now posting exclusively on Accurate Reloading.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Says beardhunter
[Linked Image]

Not nice!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/10/20
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Form has established a partnership with Saeed and is now posting exclusively on Accurate Reloading.

If true, that is disappointing to hear.
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Well, you know, everything isn't always black and white. Rumor has it there's 50 shades of gray.

Mebbeso he can't/doesn't post on here as Formy, but that doesn't mean he couldn't post on here using an alias. Plausible deniability, and so forth. Might already be doing it. Who knows?

Just mastering the possibilities... smile
Posted By: deflave Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
I liked Formidilio.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by deflave
I liked Formidilio.

Sad news Flave, while you were gone the heathens chased Formadilio off.....
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Flaves back! Tom264 just peed his pants a little bit.
I liked Formidilio.

And fredIII..... It's always the good guys isn't it?
I liked Formidilio.

Why would anybody chase Formadilio off?

He seemed like a nice person.
I liked Formidilio.

And fredIII..... It's always the good guys isn't it?

What happened to Fred?

He seemed alright as well. Albeit a little downsy looking.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
snork.....
MuleDeer stalked and harassed him until he couldn't take it any longer. Something about recipe trademark infringement.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
^^^^^^^!
^^^^^^^!

Don't start on me Barsness! I refuse to be the victim of your internet bullying!
MuleDeer stalked and harassed him until he couldn't take it any longer. Something about recipe trademark infringement.

No.

Mule Deer would not do that.

Were it not for Mule Deer I would have never known that there wasn't a $300 tax on any private sales conducted near Bozeman. Shrapnel is a friend but Mule Deer recognized I was being taken advantage of and put a stop to it.

Thanks Mule Deer.
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Formy goes MIA but 'Flave is back amongst us.

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
I have to apologize to the forum. it appears me pointing out 100k and even a million rounds fired with a SWFA scope, then only seeing pictures of 6.5 creed tikkas with factory barrels might have spooked him. wait a minute that would be 20 tikkas with fully burnt out barrels and 40 grand in ammo. Sorry, I miss him too.

its Saturday I am bored and this thread just couldn't die, so I had to kick the ant pile as I always seem to.
Posted By: kingston Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
It’s the trail of Twinkie crumbs.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Static check

Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Wow, I can't believe that second photo. I thought everybody knew, scope tracking tests are much more accurate if you leave the garden hose ON the hanger.
Posted By: 79S Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
I have to apologize to the forum. it appears me pointing out 100k and even a million rounds fired with a SWFA scope, then only seeing pictures of 6.5 creed tikkas with factory barrels might have spooked him. wait a minute that would be 20 tikkas with fully burnt out barrels and 40 grand in ammo. Sorry, I miss him too.

its Saturday I am bored and this thread just couldn't die, so I had to kick the ant pile as I always seem to.

You ever consider you are just a idiot, who lacks reading comprehension?
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Wow, I can't believe that second photo. I thought everybody knew, scope tracking tests are much more accurate if you leave the garden hose ON the hanger.

Yes, damping is a real thing.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
I recommend three blue bungee straps as the next scope test mount. Those static tests aren’t as good as a dynamic test.
Posted By: GregW Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by 79S

He's just an overweight has-been who yearns the attention is all, as a baseline to your correct analysis...grin...
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20

It's dampening, my friend. We must be uber-accurate in such matters.
Posted By: peeshooter Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20

He said they fire 500,000 rounds a year in his scope mounting tutorial post. That is about 1400 rounds a day for 365 days in a row. Seems legit.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20

Either you're the dumbest m'fer on this site or your mentally handicapped....
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20

He said they fire 500,000 rounds a year in his scope mounting tutorial post. That is about 1400 rounds a day for 365 days in a row. Seems legit.

If the group has 10+ guys employed FT shooting up ammo and training others, that's not too difficult to imagine.
I still think it is an exaggeration.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

It is legit.

People have no idea how many rounds are consumed on training installations. The instructors witness it day in and day out.
I thought they were testing scopes????
I can see it with handguns and AR's but not tikkas.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

If the gI’mamathguyroup has 10+ guys employed FT shooting up ammo and training others, that's not too difficult to imagine.

#mathguy

I just went to a 10 day course and we were averaging 400 rounds a day.

40 students.

Do the math.
Posted By: joshf303 Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by 79S

He's just an overweight has-been who yearns the attention is all, as a baseline to your correct analysis...grin...

Wait... don’t you actually have had to accomplish something “once upon a time” to become a has been?

#Jackrabbitlivesmatter
Posted By: SKane Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

He's both. And there's obviously comfort in thinking small.
Though it is a bit entertaining to listen to his marbles-in-mouth reviews.

40 students.

Do the math.

Wait I thought you were unemployed? Or was this a Christmas present from your wife?

40 students.

Do the math.

Ok I did the math and I came up with 450rds

40 students.

Do the math.

What were you shooting?
No disrespect but he must work at the most successful RIFLE (not pistol or AR) training company in the country to have 40 students every day of the year less weekends and holidays to get to the half mil round count. He also said they track 90% of their shots, whatever that means (on a Doppler??). Did they track 90% of your shots in class? It is total BS if you look at it with common sense. Add that to his superhuman hunting threads and you have a big steaming pile.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

He's both. And there's obviously comfort in thinking small.
Though it is a bit entertaining to listen to his marbles-in-mouth reviews.

Guys, it's just Cummadillo being Cummadillo.
Some of you guys need to get out of your "it doesn't make sense to me in my little world so it can't be" mindset....
No disrespect but he must work at the most successful RIFLE (not pistol or AR) training company in the country to have 40 students every day of the year less weekends and holidays to get to the half mil round count. He also said they track 90% of their shots, whatever that means (on a Doppler??). Did they track 90% of your shots in class? It is total BS if you look at it with common sense. Add that to his superhuman hunting threads and you have a big steaming pile.

40x400=16,000/day

10 days of that is 160,000.

Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Some of you guys need to get out of your "it doesn't make sense to me in my little world so it can't be" mindset....

No [bleep]. Just because it isn’t comprehensible in one’s limited sphere doesn’t necessarily make it not so. I’m starting to think there are some relatives on this thread.

No [bleep]. Just because it isn’t comprehensible in one’s limited sphere doesn’t necessarily make it not so. I’m starting to think there are some relatives on this thread.

Lots of folks on this site live in their little bubble. They might be experienced in their bubble but relate their bubble to every single application.

Some just can't stand that they are simply so far out of their depth in other bubbles that aren't their own ..
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

So Merriam-Webster is wrong?

damp verb
damped; damping; damps

Definition of damp (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb
1a : to affect with or as if with a noxious gas : choke
b : to diminish the activity or intensity of damping down the causes of inflation liquid damps out compass oscillations
c : to check the vibration or oscillation of (something, such as a string or a voltage)

The hate is strong with this one..
Posted By: wdenike Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Good luck trying to simply tell an idiot. You don't know what ya don't know. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care, Willie
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20

40x400=16,000/day

Kingston your math is off. 400 rounds a day divided by 40 shooters is 10 rounds a day(apiece). Times 10 days is 100 rounds per shooter.

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......
"Track" those shots.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
The infamous words;

Originally Posted by T_Inman
That particular cat was going to live, 'till it chomped on a dog.

Long story, but I learned a few valuable lessons that day...Don't shoot FMJs through the chest if you want something to die pronto....A cougar that plays possum as you straddle it (what kind of cougar?) will make a guy crap his drawers, two bullets lodged into a barrel while a lion has a dog in it's mouth is a good way to get a guy's heart rate up and don't kick a lion or yank on it's tail, even if it is being stretched by 4 other hounds.

After an expensive vet bill that first hound was going crazy trying to kill a house cat in a cage in the vet's office...they're persistent.

Drink lots of beer after an event such as this.

Pic again;

That is a bad azz pic.

I’m gonna kill a cat one of these days. A real one. Not the new one the neighbor just got.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

40x400=16,000/day

Kingston your math is off. 400 rounds a day divided by 40 shooters is 10 rounds a day(apiece). Times 10 days is 100 rounds per shooter.

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......

That’s still 10x more than were fired at CumminsCowboy’s test facility.

40 students.

Do the math.

No one can play 400 rds of golf a day. Even if the course was in Florida.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 01/11/20
Cummadillo

ROTFFLMAO
Originally Posted by huntsman22

40x400=16,000/day

signed, Mathman

bwahahahaha.......

That’s still 10x more than were fired at CumminsCowboy’s test facility.

Some punk kid kept swinging through his FOV during the SWFA 10x test
Posted By: kingston Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak; squeak, squeak...
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
You guys are mean...... smile
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Cummadillo

ROTFFLMAO

Catchy, ain't it?
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20

Agree...Don’t give a fûck either way whether Form embellished on the amount sweat held inside his sleeping bag in the morning. How high or fast he said he and his crew climbed a mountain.

A couple years ago Form had a post where he and another instructor were unloading ammo cases which were held within wooden crates. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was tonnage. IIRC the massive ammo delivery was for 1 month of student and instructor shooting.

Aside from Form’s bias against most scopes for mechanics except for SWFA, NF, older S&B’s and Bushnell’s - did he provide more help or harm to other members?

Take away the major butthurt some scope owners had over Forms extreme bias against a certain manufacturer. He was always approachable and responsive to PM’s asking for detailed information on the why’s, how come, and comparison on gear. From there it’s up to the member who sent the PM to him to decide if the information was helpful or painful.

This thread was generated because of another thread calling Form out directly...I can’t remember reading where Form ever came to anyone’s rescue who was being thrashed rightfully or wrongly across any of the shooting/hunting forums.

I figure he was here more of a courtesy to provide assistance to members who were interested in what he was writing about. Or doing threads covering information he was said to receive a lot of requests from member to explore and explain in detail via PM’s

I guess the last acid test, at least for me, is could Form run a scope? Understanding the correction for MOA and Mils. Applying shooting solutions for distance, wind, and variants known to unlock a proper shooting solution? I assume yes, because there’s a lot of members who can run a scope properly and a rifle that’s married to it who never seemed to challenge his information. So, again, yes, IMO Form had gained skills that were apparently learned through military training, possibly as a Army Sniper based on a picture he once posted of himself.

Does being a former military sniper make someone an expert? Idk, but if the member is still involved in a community of shooters as full time employment. An average person could assume he’s not behind the Bell Curve as most, who shoot weekends, once a month or year for that matter.

This entire beat down came about because a member got major redass over his beloved scope manufacturer being called essentially junk...

Can’t everyone understand that a scope made by any manufacturer will likely kill something, at a reasonable distance, with a set/forget scope?....Especially for guys who can’t run turrets, and typically kill animals 120yards or closer, of course most scopes can and will do that job. It’s proven by millions of guys who use all different types of set/forget scopes that cost between $29.99 to whatever price someone will pay.

The bias Form always took up was usually on the mechanical capabilities, and a scopes long term integrity over the course of it’s lifespan...He would use lifespan based on the number of rounds fired before the scope showed failure rates of X, Y, or Z.

I’m not defending Form. I’m just suggesting that he provided more benefit than harm, and if his harm was embellished remarks about the brutality of a hunt, then those who’ve done those type of hunts are probably capable of calling BS and are free to do so, and shouldn’t be slammed for it...That would be up to Form to defend his statement.

But to blow a guy up because he doesn’t like an optic you’re married to because it works for you, especially when that scope has failed many others is chicken shît. and even more so if the individual can’t run a turreted scope which is where the majority of Forms unflattering criticism has been directed.

😎
Posted By: kingston Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Sounds like somebody needs a forklift.
Posted By: irfubar Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Formadilio contributed more then most, hell more than most ten people combined ..... RIP Formy...... frown
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Yep
Long range dialling
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Formadilio contributed more then most, hell more than most ten people combined ..... RIP Formy...... frown

Hope reports of his demise are premature ... but yes, he did.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
I just glued in a Tikka .300 Win

Gonna see if it'll go 100,000 rounds.

Results in a week.

Yours,

Cummadilio
Posted By: Jordan Smith Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
I can see it with handguns and AR's but not tikkas.

He never said it was all shot with Tikkas. A lot of his shooting is with ARs, AFAIK.

And tracking could mean record keeping, not Doppler radar.
Posted By: prm Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
This thread is a prime example of the worst of the internet. 24 hour dumpster fire.
Posted By: DELGUE Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Originally Posted by prm
This thread is a prime example of the worst of the internet. 24 hour dumpster fire.

Aw, c'mon, man. It's got drama, suspense, comedy, useful information, rumor, utter horseschit, mystery, visuals, a guest appearance by 'Flave, and it's all free! What's not to like, bruh? smile I just keep waiting for Jerry Springer or Big Stick to come diddy-bopping in here and it will be epic!

Formy, even by his absence, contributes to the 'Fire!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Phucqk
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
All that’s missing is Safariman trying to sell a tall tale and a firearm.
Posted By: 79S Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Originally Posted by 222Rem
All that’s missing is Safariman trying to sell a tall tale and a firearm.

And looking for a kidney..
Posted By: deflave Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20

40 students.

Do the math.

What were you shooting?

Some days rifles.

Some days pistols.

Some days both.
Posted By: deflave Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20

Most instructors are referring to round count when they say tracking. Most any school will have at least a handful of instructors "tracking" how many rounds are consumed in an average month/year/ect.

It allows them to stand in front of the class and hold up any particular piece of gear and state "I have witnessed this X consume Y amount of rounds with Z number of problems."
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
We run through 60 boxes/month of 2500ct nails with 3 framing crews, 150,000 +/- nails.
That's 3 men per crew, 3 crews, running guns, 40hrs/wk.
150,000 nails ÷ 1440hrs = 104 nails per hour or 1.7 nails per minute, per man.
I'd say Form's number are very realistic. "Tracking" meaning logging how many rds are shot through each rifle would be pretty damn simple with one guy/chick handing out the ammo and keeping simple logs.

The average Joe hanging out at the playground filming Youtube scope review videos might not be doing it, the guy that puts in 2 months a year hunting multiple states/species with a set and forget might not be doing it, but it's far from unbelievable.

One things for sure. Form spent a lot of time writing up and sharing some good information on here, without compensation or special privileges from the owner like some on here, and he didn't deserve the narcissistic bullshit attacks.

Posted By: FOsteology Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
Haters gonna hate..
Posted By: Walter_Sobchak Re: Formidilosus - 01/12/20
We run through 60 boxes/month of 2500ct nails with 3 framing crews, 150,000 +/- nails.
That's 3 men per crew, 3 crews, running guns, 40hrs/wk.
150,000 nails ÷ 1440hrs = 104 nails per hour or 1.7 nails per minute, per man.
I'd say Form's number are very realistic. "Tracking" meaning logging how many rds are shot through each rifle would be pretty damn simple with one guy/chick handing out the ammo and keeping simple logs.

The average Joe hanging out at the playground filming Youtube scope review videos might not be doing it, the guy that puts in 2 months a year hunting multiple states/species with a set and forget might not be doing it, but it's far from unbelievable.

One things for sure. Form spent a lot of time writing up and sharing some good information on here, without compensation or special privileges from the owner like some on here, and he didn't deserve the narcissistic bullshit attacks.

Well said.

I don’t know enough about training/shooting courses for MIL and LEO to back up any claims of witnessed round counts, but I can imagine truckloads of rounds are sent down range over periods of time.

Formid shared a bunch of good info here, seems to me this forum needs more of that and less BS...
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20
oh dear god, I never knew what kicking the ant pile would bring, holy crap. I just came rolling back in this morning. I am dying laughing. seriously, I think all of you guys are awesome and bring something great to the discussions. even jordan, and especially formadillo. I hope all you guys have a great day. its winter around here and boring as hell,
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20
"Even Jordan?" That's funny, coming from you. If y'all were football players, you couldn't carry his jock strap.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20
yeah I do actually like the guy, I don't hate anyone, being on a web forum if you can't see people are individuals with unique things about them and likely are and I would bet amazing people in person, I don't know what to tell you. life is too short to waste any energy disliking people around here. We all have common interests and hobbies, don't mean we have to agree though.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20

Agree...Don’t give a fûck either way whether Form embellished on the amount sweat held inside his sleeping bag in the morning. How high or fast he said he and his crew climbed a mountain.

A couple years ago Form had a post where he and another instructor were unloading ammo cases which were held within wooden crates. I don’t remember the exact amount, but it was tonnage. IIRC the massive ammo delivery was for 1 month of student and instructor shooting.

Aside from Form’s bias against most scopes for mechanics except for SWFA, NF, older S&B’s and Bushnell’s - did he provide more help or harm to other members?

Take away the major butthurt some scope owners had over Forms extreme bias against a certain manufacturer. He was always approachable and responsive to PM’s asking for detailed information on the why’s, how come, and comparison on gear. From there it’s up to the member who sent the PM to him to decide if the information was helpful or painful.

This thread was generated because of another thread calling Form out directly...I can’t remember reading where Form ever came to anyone’s rescue who was being thrashed rightfully or wrongly across any of the shooting/hunting forums.

I figure he was here more of a courtesy to provide assistance to members who were interested in what he was writing about. Or doing threads covering information he was said to receive a lot of requests from member to explore and explain in detail via PM’s

I guess the last acid test, at least for me, is could Form run a scope? Understanding the correction for MOA and Mils. Applying shooting solutions for distance, wind, and variants known to unlock a proper shooting solution? I assume yes, because there’s a lot of members who can run a scope properly and a rifle that’s married to it who never seemed to challenge his information. So, again, yes, IMO Form had gained skills that were apparently learned through military training, possibly as a Army Sniper based on a picture he once posted of himself.

Does being a former military sniper make someone an expert? Idk, but if the member is still involved in a community of shooters as full time employment. An average person could assume he’s not behind the Bell Curve as most, who shoot weekends, once a month or year for that matter.

This entire beat down came about because a member got major redass over his beloved scope manufacturer being called essentially junk...

Can’t everyone understand that a scope made by any manufacturer will likely kill something, at a reasonable distance, with a set/forget scope?....Especially for guys who can’t run turrets, and typically kill animals 120yards or closer, of course most scopes can and will do that job. It’s proven by millions of guys who use all different types of set/forget scopes that cost between $29.99 to whatever price someone will pay.

The bias Form always took up was usually on the mechanical capabilities, and a scopes long term integrity over the course of it’s lifespan...He would use lifespan based on the number of rounds fired before the scope showed failure rates of X, Y, or Z.

I’m not defending Form. I’m just suggesting that he provided more benefit than harm, and if his harm was embellished remarks about the brutality of a hunt, then those who’ve done those type of hunts are probably capable of calling BS and are free to do so, and shouldn’t be slammed for it...That would be up to Form to defend his statement.

But to blow a guy up because he doesn’t like an optic you’re married to because it works for you, especially when that scope has failed many others is chicken shît. and even more so if the individual can’t run a turreted scope which is where the majority of Forms unflattering criticism has been directed.

😎

Great post Mark !!!
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock

I'm a hunter, who can shoot, not into dialing or mils, but I understood the explanation.

Yep, that lesson is about as succinct as you can get !
Posted By: hangunnr Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20

😎

Yep, good post.

As long as the nitwits are permitted to run wild the good guys will continue to leave.
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 01/13/20
yeah I do actually like the guy, I don't hate anyone, being on a web forum if you can't see people are individuals with unique things about them and likely are and I would bet amazing people in person, I don't know what to tell you. life is too short to waste any energy disliking people around here. We all have common interests and hobbies, don't mean we have to agree though.

Agreed and great post, Cumadillo!
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Formidilosus - 01/14/20
oh dear god, I never knew what kicking the ant pile would bring, holy crap. I just came rolling back in this morning. I am dying laughing. seriously, I think all of you guys are awesome and bring something great to the discussions. even jordan, and especially formadillo. I hope all you guys have a great day. its winter around here and boring as hell,

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but this has nothing to do with you. If you "kicked the anthill", no one noticed. Everyone had a good laugh at your expense with the playground tests and Hig's subsequent video parody (which was actually pretty damned good) but the person being referred to as possibly part of the reason Form quit posting is not you.... Hard for a narcissist to understand I'm sure.
Posted By: Judman Re: Formidilosus - 01/26/20

😎

😎
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Formidilosus - 01/26/20
Originally Posted by SockPuppet

So Merriam-Webster is wrong?

damp verb
damped; damping; damps

Definition of damp (Entry 2 of 3)

transitive verb
1a : to affect with or as if with a noxious gas : choke
b : to diminish the activity or intensity of damping down the causes of inflation liquid damps out compass oscillations
c : to check the vibration or oscillation of (something, such as a string or a voltage)

Uh...old motorcycle joke. Should have clarified.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Formidilosus - 01/26/20
Unfamiliar with it. Please do tell.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Formidilosus - 01/30/20
Good post Beaver10. Change a few words and place that at the top of every sub-forum here. We are fast approaching the point of "the inmates are running the asylum".
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Formidilosus - 01/31/20
So now we lost one of the most experienced contributors to the forum, who communicated helpful information in plain language that all could understand, and he was run off by a couple of jealous individuals with less experience?

Great job.
Posted By: rj308 Re: Formidilosus - 01/31/20
Some members of these forums have nothing better to do and like nothing better than to attack others contributing to the forums. This particular attack on Form did not surprise me in the least. It was only a matter of time. It's usually the same "crowd" doing this, one takes the first bite and the rest of the crowd jumps in and they kiss each others ass, seeing who can make the most insulting post while making themselves look self righteous. In fact, shortly you will probably see one or more of them attack this post that I have just written. RJ
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: Formidilosus - 01/31/20
Yes, pretty disgusting really
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Formidilosus - 01/31/20
Unfortunately public humiliation of this clown posse doesn’t work so I’ve put them on ignore. I figure that cutting of the blood flow will kill the tumors. Disgusting is an appropriate word to use for the action of these guys. It would seem that such a word is a badge of honor for them. I enjoy the I formed posts that Mr Form and other experienced shooters make. Sadly, those who post such information are becoming a shrinking minority and useful information disappears in the swamp of idiocy.
Posted By: Carolina Shooter Re: Formidilosus - 02/01/20
Rj308!!!!

Exactly!! Bunch of cheese dicks at that.
So weird, you think once high school is over you’ll never see that again. But this place is full of those guys.
Can’t wait to suck each other’s asses.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 02/01/20

Can we have a videography/social media influencer section just for Cummi-dilly?
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: Formidilosus - 02/01/20
Haters gonna hate. Every piece of info I've used from form' has been spot on (swfa, tikka, fl chamberlin, etc)

Oh well I guess boomers need something to do with all their social security time.....
Posted By: AKPENDUDE Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20

You are a [bleep] dumbass, I hope you get ass cancer. It’s ass clowns like you who ruin the Internet. Good work!!!
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE

You are a [bleep] dumbass, I hope you get ass cancer. It’s ass clowns like you who ruin the Internet. Good work!!!

Dayum. Cumadillo can’t catch a break. lol
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
I doubt Formi's absence is due to harassment from other members here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's busy with "work".
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
Originally Posted by 4th_point
I doubt Formi's absence is due to harassment from other members here. I wouldn't be surprised if he's busy with "work".

Actually, his profile shows he's still been logging in, just not posting for reasons known to him.
Posted By: 4th_point Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
Got it. Forgot that one could track someone that way.
Posted By: Formidilosus Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
I’m around- yappers don’t bother me.

Extremely busy for the last couple months with no real time or desire to engage in nonsense. If I can help, the best contact for a while is through PM.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20

Extremely busy for the last couple months with no real time or desire to engage in nonsense. If I can help, the best contact for a while is through PM.

Glad all is well with you and you're still available to the members for support, thank you
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
I always read and enjoy your posts and knowledge Form. Some of the members here have miserable home lives and vent here at the fire, tearing folks down like they are torn down by their wives and jobs. I pay them no mind as well.
Posted By: NDHuntr Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20
Good to hear!
Posted By: bwinters Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20

Welcome back.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Formidilosus - 02/02/20

Glad you're still willing to participate. Your detractors are not taken seriously but you are by most of us.

mike r
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Formidilosus - 02/03/20
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
I always read and enjoy your posts and knowledge Form. Some of the members here have miserable home lives and vent here at the fire, tearing folks down like they are torn down by their wives and jobs. I pay them no mind as well.

Reminds me....

Years ago when i was roughnecking, worked for an as$hole driller. Raise Cane and cuss all the time.

Found out his wife was whooping his a$$ on days off and spending all his money while he was at work. 😂🤣
Posted By: jeffbird Re: Formidilosus - 02/04/20
Originally Posted by 4th_point

Actually, his profile shows he's still been logging in, just not posting for reasons known to him.

Just a guess, he's thinking like this:

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Hope your "busy" is bad news for some bad guys down the road.

Thanks for sharing helpful info and hope you stay out of the weeds. [Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]
Posted By: HeavyDove Re: Formidilosus - 02/05/20
Welcome back Form !!

6 mile nonstop run. 58 minutes total time.

Best

Heavy
Posted By: smokepole Re: Formidilosus - 02/06/20
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Glad all is well with you and you're still available to the members for support, thank you

A big plus 1.
Posted By: m_stevenson Re: Formidilosus - 02/15/20
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

A big plus 1.

A big plus plus 1
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Formidilosus - 02/15/20
GFY
© 24hourcampfire