Home
Posted By: 7_08FAN Leupold Rimfire - 01/16/20
Thinking about another rimfire scope for shooting treed squirrels. I want to keep the weight down. I have a Leupold Freedom 3x9x40 rimfire so I am familiar with them. I am wondering about the same in 2x7x33. Does one trump the other or anything negative with the smaller scope? Also, are there others I should look at? Seems several have recently been discontinued. I might consider a straight 4X as well. Thanks
Posted By: 7_08FAN Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
TTT. Must be someone running the Freedom 2x7 Rimfire. Any thoughts on this scope?
Posted By: Labman95 Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
Tag. I've thought about getting one of these scopes as well. Would like to hear what others think about them.
Posted By: sagerat22 Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
I have the Freedom 2x7 Rimfire on a Zastava .22. It's a great little scope and the elevation marks work well. Exceptionally clear too. Aesthetically it matches the size and style of the rifle.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
I don't know if Weaver is still making their 4 x and 2 x 7 rimfire scopes...

they would be a good alternative if you can't find what you want out of Leupold..

They were made to the same standards as their K series line..and V series.. V9, K 6 etc..

I have a couple of those.. that I ended up mounting on top of a Marlin 36.. fit that rifle real well.

point being well built, good glass, tracts real well on adjustments on elevation and windage..
nice light compact size...
Posted By: rwa3006 Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
I have 3 Leupold 2-7 rimfire models that are 4 to 15 years old. Every damned one of them shoots to a different point of impact when I change the magnification dial. I do, however like the fixed 4X model.
Posted By: Circles Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/19/20
Have a look at Clearidge Optics, Ultra-RM and SWFA's 2.5-10 ultralight.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/20/20
I have one of the Weaver 2.5-7s. I first mounted it on a magnum springer airgun (airgun rated), but it two-grouped, first time I've ever seen that. Put it on a 10/22 and so far no issues. Paid about $110, IIRC. Nice little scope. Warranties are now apparently handled by Bushnell.

Had one of the Leupold 3-9 EFRs on a CZ. Perfect fit. Not sure there's any real advantage to the Freedom except price. I'm doing Burris these days anyway since Leupold is showing its azz. Not even looking their way now.
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Leupold Rimfire - 01/20/20
Two years ago I was thinking about a Leupold rimfire variable for my CZ-455 with squirrels in mind. Local shop carried lots of optics and would let me take them outdoors to look through, ( no windows in their showroom ), and I wound up with a Vortex Crossfire 2-7x 32mm. The Leupolds were great and I'm pretty much a Leupold guy but the Vortex was a lot less coin and money was a little tight at that time. Never owned any Vortex product and decided to give it a try and now I can say from 2 years experience that it's a nice little unit.
© 24hourcampfire