Home
Does anyone know if Nightforce will ever offer this reticle to us here in the USA?
rookie
wouldn't that be nice...
Maybe Doug can sweet talk them.....
That or something similar to the Leupold B&C reticle. Maybe Camera Land Doug would have some insight or influence or etc. It would give me another reason to buy a new scope. LOL
I'll discuss this in my meeting with them at SHOT
I just spoke with my NF rep and was informed it will never happen
I don't get it...if they're already in production, what would it matter to siphon a few off to a few of the US distributors?
Posted By: McCray Re: Nightforce SHV 4a reticle? - 01/17/20
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

Go up the management chain at SHOT.

I've even wondered about buying a SHV and having them retrofit a 4A reticle.

Why? I can't believe it wouldn't sell very well. I'd bet they would sell a bunch just to the fire members here.
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I don't get it...if they're already in production, what would it matter to siphon a few of to a few of the US distributors?

^^^^^^
What War Eagle says.
rookie
I would already have a couple of them if that reticle had been available when I was scope shopping last year.
rookie
Posted By: mathman Re: Nightforce SHV 4a reticle? - 01/17/20
20 moa gap between the thicks, so nah.

Any indication why?
Originally Posted by whitebread

Any indication why?

When the money to be made catering to the tacticool wannabes fades in the US to around par with what revenues hunters bring the company, THEN we might see it.

Dear Nightforce,
Doubtful i’m the only hunter out here who prizes a well designed #4a reticle in an upper-tier scope. Your scope’s reputations are unassailable. Some of them have potential as versatile, rugged hunting scopes. Not to brag, but like a lot of guys i buy what i want and have too much chit. But I have not bothered to purchase one of your scopes. Do the math.
Your potential customer,
sandcritter

P.S. that’s a lie. Did buy one of your scopes for prs this season, but it’s on backorder till who knows when. And, hint, it’s in the plainest reticle you make, the mil-c.
So if they offer them over seas is it possible to have my wife's French cousin ship me one? Cost to much? One of them is coming to Alaska this summer...…..
Come out and buy one in Australia! I have a 4a with illuminated dot, SHV 5~20 x 56 on my .223 . . fantastic! I would have bought a 3~10x42 as well, with a forceplex, but they don't supply that reticle here!? Or a 4a either
Jack.
Sounds like we need to set up an international NF black market exchange.
Originally Posted by mathman
20 moa gap between the thicks, so nah.

This....for my use the Forceplex beats it like a banjo string.

Even though it's not for me, I don't understand the stance on not making it available in the US.
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Sounds like we need to set up an international NF black market exchange.

Now you’re on an FBI watch list.......
Posted By: SKane Re: Nightforce SHV 4a reticle? - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by rookieatbest
I'd bet they would sell a bunch just to the fire members here.

I think sometimes we need reminding that enthusiasts in a place like the fire are not the general public.

If it meant thousands more scopes sold to customers that wouldn't otherwise buy, say, the forceplex reticle, I'm sure they'd consider it but it's simply not the case. More options to that line (or any line) means SKU-proliferation and for operations it equates to more work, less accurate forecasts, more administration and its management gets more complex.

This isn't about NF not giving the customer what they want - it's clearly an operational performance decision.
The juice simply isn't worth the squeeze to offer it.
Posted By: Lonny Re: Nightforce SHV 4a reticle? - 01/18/20
Originally Posted by SKane

I think sometimes we need reminding that enthusiasts in a place like the fire are not the general public.

I think you're spot on Scott.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I think back to when Derrick ordered up a bunch of RAR, 1-8 twisted, SS barreled,22-250's due to apparently so many people on here (myself included) thinking that's what the entire shooting world wanted and they would sell like hotcakes. They eventually had to go to fire-sale levels to move them all.
Posted By: SKane Re: Nightforce SHV 4a reticle? - 01/18/20
Lonny,

That's exactly it. This would be a really szchitty place to find a candidate to lead an optics or gun company – far too much emotion and personal tastes to suit a small segment of the market. laugh
© 24hourcampfire