Home
I am curious how many of you have applied and what your thoughts were about the experience and application process?

Do they intentionally put legal stumbling blocks in front of applicants or are they just solely out to identify if you are a good candidate for the FFL?

Feel free to PM me if you have thoughts on the matter that you don't want out here in the wide open spaces...but I am genuinely interested in your thoughts and experiences with it.
Yes, it went pretty smoothly, but they did make me get a stupid permit that the County requires, called a certificate of home occupation.
Interesting. I had never heard of that requirement, seems like an odd one.
I recently became interested in becoming an FFL holder. Could someone who is a holder please point me in the right direction to get the ball rolling? Also, is there a cost upfront?
First: Click on the ATF website, www.ATF.gov, and at the top of the page it says FORMS. It will open a page and on the LEFT side of that page it will offer you an opportunity to click on Firearms forms Click that and scroll down and you will find:

ATF F 5310.12 (Form 7) � Application for License (FFL)where you will order the paper forms to fill out and send in.

Order the FFL application package, if you are only interested in the C and R application /license, you will need to order that instead.

They are pretty speedy about getting them out, you should get them in a week or two if all goes well. The package will walk you through the process and will explain the application fee and directing you to make an appointment at your local Law Enforcement office to get fingerprinted on Fingerprint document cards which you will then send in WITH your application and your application check/fee.

And most of all, Good Luck and have fun if you do apply and get it!

I'm not worried about getting it if i apply, pretty sure my background is a ok fit that.

How much is the fee?
I pay $90.00 every 3 years. You will need to pay for finger printing and then be patient for the investigation to go through. I've had mine for 20 some years. I'm sure the process has changed over the years.

Order the packet and it will tell you all.

good luck
© 24hourcampfire