Home
Murder Rates: Why Comparing The United States Only To Other Developed Countries Is Deceitful

The problem with that limited comparison is the fact that many very poor countries are also very peaceful

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/06/murder-rates-why-comparing-united_29.html
This only gets traction in the Hunter's Campfire section.

Why the 2A section is buried in the basement of this site is a question almost no one has an answer to.
Originally Posted by 4ager

Why the 2A section is buried in the basement of this site is a question almost no one has an answer to.

I try to pick the most appropriate section to avoid being off topic. Maybe I should stop worrying.
Originally Posted by darrenlobo

I try to pick the most appropriate section to avoid being off topic. Maybe I should stop worrying.

Yep, likely so.
The article seems to be a tiny bit miss leading. Was Tunisia not the place where the European beach goers just got shot up. I have never heard of Iran being called peaceful about anything and Libya and Liberia , never heard then quoted as being so peaceful.. Then we get to Syria... Is there not a civil war there, is there not stories everyday of the atrocities occurring there. Murder during war is still murder.
Originally Posted by wyoming260
The article seems to be a tiny bit miss leading. Was Tunisia not the place where the European beach goers just got shot up. I have never heard of Iran being called peaceful about anything and Libya and Liberia , never heard then quoted as being so peaceful..

You're making the same mistake as gun rights haters. Look at murder rates not sensational incidents &/or war propaganda.

Then we get to Syria... Is there not a civil war there, is there not stories everyday of the atrocities occurring there. Murder during war is still murder.

True but the only way to compare murder rates is to exclude war deaths. Most countries aren't at war. That doesn't change the immorality of war atrocities just the way one slices & dices the stats.

Full disclosure of 2nd Amendment news can make it hard to solicit donations for various groups portrayed as being pro-gun, ergo, we really need to keep this stuff off the radar to keep things running the way we like.
Has anyone looked at what happens when murders in Chicago, Detroit, DC and New Orleans are removed from the American statistics?

So, what is the conversation about, really?

Can't get anyone to discuss that.
© 24hourcampfire