Home
Posted By: J257 rcbs cowboy dies - 12/15/12
Has anyone tried these? I heard there easier on your brass than the Lyman m dies.
Posted By: old70 Re: rcbs cowboy dies - 12/16/12
I use them exclusively for cast bullet load in bottleneck rifle rounds. very easy on the brass, no shaving, and seem to affect the bullet less than standard dies. I've used 4-5 different die sets for the .32-20, and the cowboy dies are by far the best. They work well in the .30-30 as well.
Posted By: arkypete Re: rcbs cowboy dies - 12/17/12
Your header made me think of the newspaper announcements that the Marlborough cowboy dies.

Jim
Posted By: boomtube Re: rcbs cowboy dies - 12/17/12
"I heard there easier on your brass than the Lyman m dies."

We can hear some amusing things if we listen long enough. Of course there are no "M" dies as such, it's the M expanders that do that work while the sizers and seaters are unchanged.
Posted By: J257 Re: rcbs cowboy dies - 12/18/12
I've been using my normal rcbs dies in conjuction with a Lee expander die. My brass is crackin necks way to fast. Thanks for the imput boys. I think I'll order a set of the cowboy dies from Midway,there givin 10 bucks off on rcbs for the month of December.
Posted By: HawkI Re: rcbs cowboy dies - 12/21/12
Great product; I used them for two Colt Anaconda's featuring Colt's giant, archaic chambers and throats.
© 24hourcampfire