Home
Posted By: RickinTN I recieved my - 01/04/13
new accurate mold yesterday. It's a 30 cal 140gr for my 30-30's. I stayed up late last night looking at it through my 10X jewelers loupe. I'm amazed at the quality and how clean the cavities are. It is truly a work of art in aluminum. I'm almost hesitant to use it to cast and get it dirty.....I said almost.
Gotta get the pot going....wish me luck,
Rick
Posted By: jpb Re: I recieved my - 01/04/13
I have heard good things about those molds but I don't have one -- yet.

If you have a camera that can do good close-ups, how about posting a few pictures?

In any case, please post regarding how it casts.

John
Posted By: RickinTN Re: I recieved my - 01/04/13
John,
I'm so technology challenged I don't have a clue how to post a pic. Maybe I can get my son to help. I will be sure to post on how it casts. The service from Tom was great in that he recieved my payment on Christmas Eve and the mold was delivered yesterday, even with the holidays in between. I've looked at many pieces of jewelry in the past and this mold is as pretty as any piece I've viewed. I guess beuty IS in the eye of the beholder. (My wife may not find it so beutiful) I would definately put one on my "to get" list.
Rick
Damn it Rick, you are going to cost me some money posting statements like that! Quality AND service that fast during the holiday season! smile

If you have some pictures you can send them to me and I'll post them. I will send you my email address in a personal message.

John
Here are the pictures. I zoomed in on one of them to try to show even more detail of the obviously good machining.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Well Rick, I certainly cannot understand why your wife was not fascinated by these obvious jewels from the machine shop! grin

John
Posted By: RickinTN Re: I recieved my - 01/04/13
John,
Thanks for your help with the pics. I mentioned to my wife how pretty it was while taking the pics and she agreed. I told her I was thinking about having Tom cut me a small single cavity and using half as a neclace! She joked and said that jewelry just wasn;t my style, and reminded me that I don't even wear a wedding band. LOL
Thanks for the help, and now off to cast some with it,
Rick
Posted By: jpb Re: I recieved my bullet mold - 01/04/13
No problem.

I'm glad to help, but admit to having mixed feelings at doing so...

On the one hand, I do like to help good companies and there is nothing like the internet to help do this.

On the other hand, this good publicity could result in so much extra business that when I get around to ordering a mold, the guy will be backordered for years!

I know -- I should have bought an Ingram knife before he got so well known... wink

John
Posted By: blammer Re: I recieved my bullet mold - 01/04/13
Very nice!

need GC's?
Posted By: RickinTN Re: I recieved my bullet mold - 01/05/13
Gonna use the ones you shipped me just before Christmas Blammer. I'm sure it won't be long before I need to re-stock though.
Posted By: stocker Re: I recieved my bullet mold - 01/05/13
blammer:
Can you PM me some prices including delivery to Canada please along with your mailing address. Thinking in terms of 5000, 35 cal. and 5000, 30 cal. The order I got from you a few years back is starting to get thin and of course I've lost your contact info.

Thanks
Dennis
Couple questions-

Blammer, are you making and selling gas checks? If so, which sizes, materials and pricing? Thanks.

I notice the pronounced curved grooves on the mating surface of that Accurate mold. Are those for venting the cavity during the pour? I notice that my Lee molds have similar, but less pronounced grooves.
Posted By: blammer Re: I recieved my bullet mold - 01/06/13
I am not making them. They are Gator brand GC's.

made out of Copper

trying to get a link in the mean time PM me what cal you are interested in.

I really love Accurate moulds they are very beautiful and functional too. smile
© 24hourcampfire