Home
Posted By: J257 Gas check is to small for shank. - 02/28/16
I purchased a NOE .225 45 grain wfn mold a whole back. From the get go, it's thrown nice bullets out of W.W's. The first time I tried to get gas checks on them, I about broke my fingers. The shanks seemed a little big. I switched from Gator checks to Hornady and still have the same problem. Finally, I measured the shank and it's .214. Both brands of checks measure .211. Is there something I'm missing here? I'm new to casting, so if it's painfully obvious, be kind. Any help from you boys would be appreciated.
Either send the mould back for a replacement or expand the gas checks with a slightly oversize punch.
check with NOE on what size GC shank it's suppose to have.

are your bullets you cast round? reason I ask is if the mould is not closed all the way and it's a bit out of round it will not let the GC fit properly.
I checked on the website and it's supposed to be .211. I 'm going to contact him in the morning - see if he'll help me out. The bullets come out real nice, just big shank. Thanks guys.
AL is good people,he will fix you up pronto.
I called Al and he was all customer service. The man was so pleasant and willing to help out, I'm picking out a new mould for the Krag. People that treat you right, seem to get harder and harder to come by. I'll do business with NOE for years to come.
I had issues with an NOE mold as well, but Al was great to work with. He even tested my mold and confirmed it wasn't just me, and replaced it with no complaints.
I didnt get a mold from Al; he was human and didnt ship it.

Was a great guy to talk to and admitted the mistake by going through his shipping documents.

Id recommend NOE any time!
You might check with Vulcan checks. They make checks of different shank diameters and will even send a sample pack so you can get the correct one for your bullet.
© 24hourcampfire