Home
Posted By: TRexF16 Arizona is hitting cards... - 06/28/22
My friend finally drew his sheep tag!!!
Nothing for me yet - looks like I got skunked for sheep and deer.
But the day is young...might still happen.
Rex
Posted By: SU35 Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 06/28/22
My close friend also took a $300.00 hit.

nada here
Looks like a deer tag
Posted By: MikeS Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 06/29/22
Coues and Turkey here. No Rocky tag ... yet.
We struck out for Couse. Maybe next year😔
Trophy quail tag here

And a Governors dove tag
Believe it or not my buddy from CO got a $300 hit from AZGFD on his card. The lucky guy drew a Non-Res December Coues tag with NO POINTS.
Hey, it happens, and I'm glad it does, since in our system there is always a chance. In this case the chance was something significantly less than 1%, I reckon. We're just waiting to see if it's 33 or 36A. Those were his two choices. I'll be guiding, no doubt.

P.S. Last Dec I helped out on a Desert Bighorn hunt drawn by a young man on his first application. Like I said...it happens.

Cheers,
Rex
I take the previous comment back the card got hit today!!
Originally Posted by ggarcia85
I take the previous comment back the card got hit today!!
Congratulations!
You made me go back and look again...still nada.
Nothing here.
Posted By: AZcows Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/01/22
There is something wrong with waiting for an email from AZ game & fish to see if my life has meaning. Sad Sad Sad
Posted By: GregW Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/01/22
I applied for an easy to draw tag that apparently crept 2 points since last year. [bleep] me...
Posted By: AZcows Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/05/22
I just found out my deer hunt starts Dec 9. Read it three times. I can't belive it!
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by GregW
I applied for an easy to draw tag that apparently crept 2 points since last year. [bleep] me...

My bud and I put in for the early 36C hunt for our 4th and 5th choice and Nada. You used to be able to walk down the street and pick up a 36 tag laying on the ground. Its not that way anymore.
I drew 35B the hunt right after thanksgiving. Pretty excited to see some new country and hopefully tag my first Coues.
Posted By: MO2AZ Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/06/22
No joy for this old guy. frown cry cool
Oh well.....ain't dead yet. smile
It is a wonder that any of us got deer tags. I managed to get my last choice muzzleloader for wt.

Stats for deer tags in Az: 30% chance of being drawn

45,666 total number of hunt permits tags issued

150,813 total number of applications submitted

Things sure have changed. There was a time when:

I put in for the December hunt and got it every year

When you could buy a leftover coues tag in addition to your first deer tag.
Posted By: OGB Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/06/22
Always a bride's maid...........
Any info will be appreciated for 35B. We’re planning on camping at Patagonia and driving across the highway. I will up grade my tripod for glassing. Pack a pad to sit on and some decent glass.
Posted By: AZcows Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/08/22
I killed my first deer in 1969 in 35B. Always had a soft spot for them. We called the Patagonia side the backsde, then you needed a 4-wheel drive and permission from the Rail X ranch to get to the Forest Service land. Now it looks like they sold the ranch and made ranchets out of it. I guess thats better than an open pit copper mine. South of Sonotia was the frontside gentler brushy country and you could drive an old station wagon on that road.Ha! Now days every one has a 4x4 pickup and some don't even mind gettihg it pin striped by mansanita. If your not used to sitting and glassing you will need a big bucket of patience. If the deer are not moving you might try hunting them like you would Mearns quail with no dog. I belive Jack O'connor hunted from the Siebold ranch before it became 35B in the 30s. But then he only had a 270 and no big eye glasses. He would have to get it rebarreled to 50 thumblicker or just use it to prop the door open. Sorry for the rant. Good luck
Finally drew my sheep tag with 30 BP. Really didn't think it would ever happen. Now to get busy.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/09/22
Originally Posted by Nitemann
Finally drew my sheep tag with 30 BP. Really didn't think it would ever happen. Now to get busy.
Congrats! What unit?
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by Nitemann
Congrats! What unit?

43B
Posted By: MikeS Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/09/22
Sweet! Was 30 the max bp this year? Killed my Desert in 2006 and haven't kept up...
Originally Posted by MikeS
Sweet! Was 30 the max bp this year? Killed my Desert in 2006 and haven't kept up...

No, I believe it was 33. My buddy had this tag in 2007, it was my second choice.
Posted By: MikeS Re: Arizona is hitting cards... - 07/10/22
Great! Look forward to a write up in December.
Drew 19B deer for second year in a row. Got a nice wide 3x3 last year.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire