Home
Posted By: 69sportfury Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/19/24
Any recommendations for the Midwest (Say from Michigan, Iowa, Missouri, etc) for a 3-4 night 2-3 day hog hunt that has at least some sporting ability to it and reasonably priced?

Thanks
Posted By: hanco Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/19/24
Kill them damn hogs. These showed up Sunday at son in laws stand. I hunt across the creek from him about 500 yards. Looks like negass showing up at the welfare line, don’t it???

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/19/24
It looks like they brought plenty of naglets with them.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/19/24
Hanco,
You have a pig parade going on there.

I have some hogs showing up at my feeder again. Although their times have been all over the place with no pattern. Looks like I'll have to sleep out there with the thermal and the AR-308 again.
Posted By: hanco Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/19/24
Originally Posted by Nestucca
It looks like they brought plenty of naglets with them.

Damn sure did
Posted By: DeanAnderson Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by 69sportfury
Any recommendations for the Midwest (Say from Michigan, Iowa, Missouri, etc) for a 3-4 night 2-3 day hog hunt that has at least some sporting ability to it and reasonably priced?

Thanks

Northstar in eastern Iowa. A bunch of us went there years ago, wasn't bad for what it is. It is a perimeter fence, but lots of room and not a barrel shoot.

https://www.northstargameland.com/
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Hanco,

I have some hogs showing up at my feeder again. Although their times have been all over the place with no pattern. Looks like I'll have to sleep out there with the thermal and the AR-308 again.
Looks like a “Pigs lives Matter” Event !!!! LOL! I hope you guys are eating these. I wish we had more pigs in California to hunt.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Hanco,

Looks like a “Pigs lives Matter” Event !!!! LOL! I hope you guys are eating these. I wish we had more pigs in California to hunt.
The last thing you want is a more wild hogs. Everybody says that until they get them.

Once they have them they realize how hard they are on the ground and other wildlife and there is no way to reduce populations effectively.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/22/24
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
The last thing you want is a more wild hogs. Everybody says that until they get them. . . . .

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
THIS
Posted By: hardway Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/25/24
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Hanco,

We have plenty, they are just on private property.
Posted By: DonFischer Re: Midwest Hog Hunts - 03/25/24
I was talking to a local rancher about the hogs and here's what he said. We have to notify fish and game if we have them and have to tell them how we are going to get rid of them. Not allowed to sell hog hunts to hunter's. Ended up fish and game flying in helicopter and shooting them from the air. They claim the got them all but I'd bet they didn't!
© 24hourcampfire