Home
I celebrated Thanksgiving early yesterday morning. I had been hunting this buck for the last 3 weeks. I finally stuck my tag on him. He's a main frame 10 with 13 points on the right and 14 on the left, 18" wide and 132 lbs. He was so run down from the rut, his spine stuck up like a fin! I have'nt scored him yet but the common consensus is 180+" gross. I've been floating on air ever since.

BTW 140 Sierra GK at 2530 fps ave.
I have more pics if someone intelligent would add them.

Joseph

Attached picture 8746-BigPapa015.jpgwb.jpg
Wow!
wow! pretty cool congrats
Sweeet!
Nice buck and it is neat that you stayed on him for 3 weeks and didn't luck into him.

Curious but not counting the cheaters and stickers how many points on his main frame?

And once again congrats!

Thx

Dober
Posted By: eh76 Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/23/07
Can't think of a better way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Nice buck!
Posted By: dh1 Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/23/07
Nice, congrats.
okie,

Great deer, is he from OK too?

jim
Mark--" He's a main frame 10 with 13 points on the right and 14 on the left, 18" wide and 132 lbs."

One week of those three I was in Nebraska bowhunting. It was almost torture. I passed on around 15 bucks waiting for him. It was worth the wait.

Joseph
Jim

He's from Eastern Oklahoma.

Joseph
Good deer with a sweet round!
NICE buck.You should be applauded for hanging in and not giving up on him. Congrats!
Thanks men. I've hunted all over the country my whole life and he's my best to date. It makes letting the little one's pass worth it.

When I saw him 3 weeks ago it was during our Primitive firearms season. I had killed a 135 class 8 point and was back on the bow. He came within 49 yds, but chasing does and other bucks kept him out of range(for an hour). I was a mental wreck.

Joseph
Someone tell me how to post pics please. I have some better ones I'd like to show. Thanks.
okiebowhunter,
Nice buck, and good choice in caliber and bullet! Jim
Beautimous Buck cool
Posted By: GuyM Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/23/07
Great job hanging in there for three weeks! You were rewarded with a terrific buck.
Posted By: JoeK Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/24/07
Congrats!!!
Posted By: Shag Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/24/07
Monster Buck!!! Awesome!
Wow is rigggght !
I congratulate you on your perseverance as much as on the nice animal. I hope you enjoy that boy for many years.

PM headed your way.
AWESOME buck! Well deserved! Great job!!!
Nice buck. I grew up hunting near Muskogee.

Okie John
BTW 140 Sierra GK at 2530 fps ave.

Don't you know those Sierras won't kill anything? grin
That is a nice,nice deer.
I am glad that your persistence paid off!
That's a heckuva buck! Good for you.

When you get some free time, fix the date in the camera.
Congrats on the buck. What rifle is the 6.5 chambered in?
okie john-I work in Muskogee. I have lived in the area my whole life. We usually don't have deer in Eastern OK like this one. It's turned into more than I thought it would.

I scored him myself last nught at 193 6/8" gross. I'm not certified or even close, but I've seen it done and done a few myself. I'll have him officially scored in 60 days.

Klikitarik-PM coming.

Thanks men.
Wow, super buck!
Good work. Love that round!
Here's a couple pics for Joseph:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That is a nice buck, congrats.
Congrats!

140 grain 6.5mm, my favorite whitetail bullet of all time!
Wow, what a great deer! Congratulations! I keep telling guys that if they shoot all the little 4x4s and 5x5s, they'll never get a chance to grow into something special like your's did.

Jeff
Great deer! I love seeing the high quality of the deer in OK these days. I can't wait to get back.

Expat
Very nice buck!!

Curious, what are the first circumference numbers?
Posted By: Brad Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/25/07
That's a dandy buck... congrat's! You really did it right...
Mule shoe-5 6/8 and 5 7/8 circ.

Budman5-My rifle is built on a Turkish Mauser, unissued military barrel at 22", swing safety, Timmeny, cock on open, counter bored. That should cover it. smile

My rifle is not a tack driver, but it shoots everything at 1 1/4 or less. It my cheapest custom, but one of my favs.

BTW the 120 gr. Pro Hunters are hard on deer as well.

Joseph

What a deer......

Congrats, you earned that deer and deserve it.
That's a very interesting looking deer! Congratulations on him.

Mike
Thanks. He's creating quite the stir around here. I may have to kill a couple of these every year.

Joseph
Gad damn that's a good buck!!! He's an easy 170's gross for certain - likely more...But who gives a rats arse on score. That's a TROPHY animal OKIE, congrats.
Originally Posted by okiebowhunter
Thanks. He's creating quite the stir around here. I may have to kill a couple of these every year.

Joseph

You'll likely need help, no? grin
nice buck, congrats
Posted By: BMD Re: Thanksgiving Giant vs. 6.5X55 - 11/27/07
Great deer, Congrats, What a trophy.
Great job! Congrats, beautiful buck.

Steve
Great looking buck there.
Heck of a nice one, will easily gross 175, probably 180.
Dang!, that thing is a beauty!! Wooo Hooo! Congrats!
Tremendous deer! One in a million....

Congrats all the way around! It's really special to find and hunt a particular deer and stay after him until you get him like that. When he turns out to be one like this one...well, it's time to thank the good Lord for something mighty special!

This deer has the whole package - height, mass, enough spread to be pretty - just a fantastic deer!

DJ
© 24hourcampfire