Home
Posted By: 300MAG Quality mule deer outfitter?? - 11/16/09
Looking to book a mule deer hunt - you guys have any quality outfitters you could recommend??

Looking for a good honest guy to hunt with - any state.

I appreciate the help!!
www.secretpassoutfitters.com bunch of good, old Nevada cowboys. Great if you like to ride a horse.
No horses for me - have allergies & asthma. Horses will literally kill me!!!

Any other good outfitter recommendations??
Good man!
Don't knock horses--the world needs glue!
http://www.jicarillahunt.com/mule_deer_hunting.php
What is your criteria for a mule deer hunt? Outfitted or DIY?

Trophy as in Sonora, Mexico? Columbian Blacktail (coast)? Rocky Mountain? or just any old mule deer hunt?
Pat, Nick or Dan Frederick
Ameri-Cana Expeditions
6007 104 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T6H 2K6
780-469-0579
www.ameri-cana.com

Jose Eduardo Lizarraga
Trophy and Desert Outfitters
P.O. Box 399
Nogales, AZ 85628
(011)-52-1-637-107-7424
www.trophyanddesert.com

Wynn Condict
WyCon Safari, Inc.
P.O. Box 1126
Saratoga, WY 82331
307-327-5502
www.wyconsafariinc.com

I have hunted with Ameri-Cana and Wycon twice, Trophy and Desert once. None use horses.
Toolelk,

Really looking for a fully guided hunt for Rocky Mt. mule deer.

Mule Deer,

Thank you - going to "dig" into your suggestions.
Cash Taylor, Idaho Falls

Cash Taylor Outfitting

Small, very personal operation with lots of trophy animals; all on foot with a little vehicle travel.

Hunts Idaho & Wyoming; I've known him since he was 16 years old.

Great moose hunter & has also PH'd in Africa.

Straight up guy.

MM
Central Montana Outfitter's out of Great Falls, Montana. Chad Scherer is the owner.
7 J Outfitter's. Jeff and Deb Smith. They are out of I belive Buffalo, Wy. but offer hunt's out of Forsythe, MT.
www.fredlundguideservice.com

Aaron Fredlund of Northern BC if you are at all interested in hunting Canada. Big bucks up in the mountain/hills of NE BC.

Just a thought for something a bit 'different' for mulies.
Poleman, I think Chad sold the outfitting biz and is only doing hunting videos now. A very good Montana outfitter is Powder River Outfitters out of Broadus. They have the largest land lease in the state and quality animals.
Big Sky, I seem to remember now my dad telling me that he heard Chad had said that he was thinking about doing that. He came from Michigan with his folk's when him and his brother were little guy's. His grandpa's farm was right down the road from where I grew up and most of his family still live in Michigan. He's a good guy and was a damn good outfitter.
Look up scenarshooter on this site. Pat knows Mule Deer, and runs Snowline Outfitters.

I have seen pics of the buck his clients take, and they are pigs.

Besides, Pat is 110% the real deal when it comes to todays hunting legends.

link:
http://www.montanagunslings.com/outfitting.php

Shortside

Try Ralph Dampman at Trophy Ridge Outfitters in Wyoming. Ask "Mule Deer" he's been there.
You owe it to yourself to call Greg Krogh. He is, in my opinion, the very best guide in the country when it comes to mule deer. His track record over the past 10 years or so is second to none.

His website is http://www.mogollonrimoutfitters.com/

Drummond
Tom Tietz on the Colorado plains does some very good work.
Originally Posted by moosemuncher
Tom Tietz on the Colorado plains does some very good work.

Do yourself a favor and pass on Tom Tietz.
I would say me, but I am washed up (for now).
Call my Buddy Chad Smith of Vaquero Outfitters. Great guy and one of the best outfitters in Arizona. He also does some stuff in Sonora.
My good friend Duwane Adams is another great choice, but I am not sure if he has anything in Sonora right now. He sure can archery hunt though in AZ.
Ubaldo Lopez in Sonora has some good ranches for Mule deer. They kill monster mule deer every year.

When are you looking to go mule deer hunting? What is your price range?

Do you shoot a bow?

Kique
Enrique,

I am looking for a rifle hunt for mule deer. Max price range for this hunt is around $5000. I am looking to go on this hunt in 2011.

Thanks to all who have posted!! I am trying to do my "homework" to find the best possible hunt & outfitter for me. Keep the suggestions coming - they are much appreciated!!

Jeff

Jeff,
You got two years. It may be a long shot, a very long shot, but try applying for a 12A west tag here in Arizona. Odds are long, but its worth a try. If you draw you can find a good outfitter here in AZ for3k to 4k. The hard part will be drawing a tag.
A few years ago I would say Sonora would be out of the question. However I hear and know outfitters down there are hurting for business and you might be able to find some great deals if you research enough.
I bet if any New Mexico guys got into this conversation, you could find a good hunt there for that price range.
Other than that, I would look at Utah, Montana and Colorado and inquire about private land hunts.

Good luck on the search. If I can be of any help let me know.

Kique
tag
Another high caliber MD outfitter that I didn't think of earlier is Jack Cassidy.

I've not personally hunted with him though, but feedback from others I know is good.

He hunts mostly eastern Colorado & the big problem there is drawing a tag.

Cassidy Outfitters

MM
Max price range for this hunt is around $5000.

Disregard my post.
J and J Outfitters, Utah....great people
Unfortunatley in most cases you either pay the big bucks for a guide or landowner tag or log year after year applying for quality tags.
These days the size of the rack seems to be in direct porportion to how many thousands of dollars were spent.
That sucks.
The middle ground is rapidly disappearing, where you buy an over the counter tag, load up your camping gear invest blood, sweat & tears and come home with a trophy buck.
You can have a "quality outdoor experience" without shooting a 200"er though.
If that is the goal, I'd scrap the outfitter, save thousands of dollars and win or lose return with the pride of having done it myself.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Unfortunatley in most cases you either pay the big bucks for a guide or landowner tag or log year after year applying for quality tags.
These days the size of the rack seems to be in direct porportion to how many thousands of dollars were spent.
That sucks.
The middle ground is rapidly disappearing,

Very, very true, that.............

MM
© 24hourcampfire