Home
Posted By: JGRaider High Racked Muley Video Clip - 05/24/10
OK, I was a little bored and though I'd download another short clip from last year's mule deer hunt. What do you guys think of this W TX buck?

I believe this is the same buck I got on my trail cam which was overlooking a watering...
[Linked Image  <br>
								</div>
	</div>
	<div class=
I'd say he's the same one as the still pic. That one in the middle looked like he had some mass...

Nice....did ya'll ever shoot that middle one?

He's real nice.
Shooter............decent+ buck.

MM
You want to guide me...cheap..grin.

Nice bucks.

Dink
I see signs of a very rare but deadly disease amongst the deer in your pics and vids.

I need to come out during hunting season and investigate further.

May have to kill all the big ones, as they are the worst carriers.

No need to thank me and I won't accept money, just making sure that the remainder of the herd is healthy is thanks enough for me.
I'd like nothing better than to have a guy or two like you to hunt with. Mainly because you "coonass" types are really good about camp food grin

We didn't kill either of those bucks this past year either. Those bigger bucks sure seem to know the program.
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
I'd say he's the same one as the still pic. That one in the middle looked like he had some mass...

Agreed, a little weak on his back right but looked pretty impressive going over the hill.

JG, you are the man! I needed to see that video today bud! Thanks!

Drummond
I hate to disappoint you but I'm not a coon ass. I'm from Mississippi (redneck), just over here living amongst them for now... grin

But I do have a bunch of their recipes.
JG,
Cool video, it also answers the often asked question about muleys stopping to pose before going over the ridge.
JG, I am from south Louisiana now living in central part of the state and I would be happy to come and bring my Dad to handle the kitchen duties while I assist you in the field. He's an 80 year old Coonass and he can cook - grin
thems nice bucks,i have a few stills that can compare with them cool
What continues to be interesting about hunting big mulies, to me anyway, is how tough a mature buck can be to find. This is a 100 section private ranch, low deer densities, allowing 4 guns total, and very light hunting pressure over the past 8 years. It's a 9 day season. We scouted our arses off, trail cams over water, etc for a couple of months prior to the season and knew the wereabouts of no fewer than 6 bucks over 180". Although my buddy did kill a 200" brute, we saw exactly none of the bucks we scouted....NONE.
Very familar story. If you think those bucks are tough, come to my public land hunts and try our bucks. At least your buddy got one.
BTW, thanks for the great video. Always a treat to see those big, spooky bucks. E
Thanks E. Your point is well taken.....big muleys are tough anywhere.
JG
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has trouble finding the old muleys. I've hunted the same ranch in Pecos County since 1992 and know there are quite a few deer out there, I just can't seem to find very many old ones.
Seeing any elk yet down there willowcreek?
No elk where we are, I think we're too far north.
JG,

How did your season wind up?
Out of 4 hunters we were able to down a very nice 29" 185" class buck, another 175" buck, and I got lucky with a 190" class buck that was 31" wide. How'd you guys do?
The first 10 or 12 days of the season was tough, we had such wet summer that we had either 3 feet of burned off grass or 5 feet of tumble weeds. 3 of my hunters killed nice deer, one quite a bit nicer than the others. We certainly didn't happen into anything like you did, it sounds like you had a great one. I did shoot my biggest texas muley to date last Saturday.
JG

What did you shoot the video with?

I too wonder where some of those big dudes go. In one sense it is good to know there is still some nice genetics surving to get passed on.
I'm very much "camcorder ignorant", but I shot that with a Canon Vixia HV30. It is HD, tape based. I've stuck with tape based so I can put it on my computer easily and make a dvd copy, plus I like having the tape backup. Once I get it on my Mac computer it does downsize to non hd (poor choice of words).

Those big deer amaze me, as you usually only see them once.
Hey if you need help eating him you just let me know , if the coon ass/ redneck won't help ya out I'll come be the campbitch and make Yankee potroast for ya...! LOL smile
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Once I get it on my Mac computer it does downsize to non hd (poor choice of words).

Those big deer amaze me, as you usually only see them once.

OK, I wondered if the slight grainy appeareance was that or what. Makes sense. Sort of wondered if it was a camcorder or what.

Whatever you took it with it still leaves them as shooters, big bodied, stout deer too. Just couldn't shoot 'em with the gun smile.
wildone.... laugh
They look great on my big screen, not too great on computer! Plus, in that particular clip I was shooting straight into the sun.

Check this one out.....

Posted By: GuyM Re: High Racked Muley Video Clip - 12/16/10
Great looking bucks. I'd take either!
Originally Posted by JGRaider
They look great on my big screen, not too great on computer! Plus, in that particular clip I was shooting straight into the sun.

Check this one out.....

Great bucks as usual!

Drummond
Second clip is way better. Two nice bucks for sure. Tough choice if you had a rifle and tag to decide which one.
© 24hourcampfire