Home
Wow! I drew 0 for 3. How did you do?
0 for 4 frown
screw idaho

super spendy no bonus point

make you buy a license to try and draw then no refund

voice your opinion on their website as it looks like they have finally realized how much revenue they are missing out one

too bad it will only make them more money and they wont trickle down and reduce prices
Already?
Dang, I better go check.
Thanks, Cross!
0 for 3.
0 for 2.
Ah well, next year, I hope!
cry
Originally Posted by nitis
screw idaho

voice your opinion on their website as it looks like they have finally realized how much revenue they are missing out one

too bad it will only make them more money and they wont trickle down and reduce prices

Yeah cause a point system will definitely improve your chances to draw...oh wait, on second thought maybe not.
Originally Posted by TheTone
Originally Posted by nitis
screw idaho

Yeah cause a point system will definitely improve your chances to draw...oh wait, on second thought maybe not.

All I am saying is it cost about 180 bucks for less than 15% chance to draw and thats because there is only a 2 % chance at the hunt I really want to get

All I am saying is you get much more for your money other places
nitis,
Idaho's system could use some improvements, agreed.
Also, the wolf situation in Central Idaho sure hasn't helped matters, IMO.

I am looking more and more at applying on out-of-state hunts.
Shoot,

The wife and I were thinking of moving to Idaho in the next year or so for the hunting and fishing. Ok guys where is the hunting and fishing better. Help a flatlander from Arizona out.

Thanks Mike
1 for 3 - archery Pronghorn.
Dang, all I drew was a Unit 40 Muley tag and an extra doe tag for 11AX.....oh well
Waha elk!
Originally Posted by Blueboat
Shoot,

The wife and I were thinking of moving to Idaho in the next year or so for the hunting and fishing. Ok guys where is the hunting and fishing better. Help a flatlander from Arizona out.

Thanks Mike

I'd look at the two states to the east...and CO.
Three Controlled hunt apps. Zero tags.

We'll be hunting General Season for bull elk, Mule deer bucks, Black bear, and wolves.

L.W.
1 for 2 on hunts that are typically 80-90% draw success. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
1 for 1. Doe tag Unit 32
Woo Hoo, I drew an antelope tag in unit 30.
How about the tag raffle?
YAHOO! I drew a bull elk tag! I think this is my eighth or ninth year trying, and it finally happened! This is better than Christmas. AND, I drew an antelope tag! I am happy!

This could be the year I get my first good whitetail buck (been saying that for a few years now) and my first good elk.

Oh yeah, too bad about you guys who didn't draw. I can, truly, empathize.
Congratulations, ID Milton. What Unit?

Best of luck to you.

L.W.
Unit 51 (Howe) for the elk. The antlers aren't nearly as heavy as they are in southeast and water access keeps numbers down,and with the wolves (I saw one and my buddy saw four, along with a den), elk numbers are way down.

BUT, we've hunted that unit for years for cows, and the times my buddies have drawn bull tags, so I think I stand a REALLY good chance of getting one. The hardest part will be finding a good one. Last year I got a spike out with my bow and will probable focus on the same canyon. It's about 3.5 miles past the no four-wheeler point, so that helps keep a lot of guys out.

My antelope is in unit 63, north of Mud Lake. I haven't hunted that unit and I know there is more private property, so I need to get out and start looking. I've drawn three times before, in 1990 out at Medicine Lodge and took a decent buck (15 inches), but later someone stole it's head. (I had nailed the skull above a shed door.) I drew 58 in 1996 as a non-res, then in 2007. 12.5 inch bucks both times, the biggest we could find.) Since the draw odds are 1 in 14, I've gotten lucky on antelope, but that is a lot of yeas of applying!
Unit 51 is Little Lost River country, huh? In 2003, my two buds and I pulled bull elk tags for Unit 37A just northeast of Unit 51. We camped/hunted way up in Little Morgan Creek, east of the Pahsimeroi River. It was hotter than a forged hammer in Hell and we only killed one bull. Had a great time, however.

That's rugged country. We saw one of the largest buck antelopes I've ever seen, on the hillside east of the main dirt road going north past Patterson. Huge buck. Did not even need my binocular to note those huge, high horns. We did not have tags, however, for 'lopes.

Hope you'll be carrying a wolf tag, too... and shoot one.

Best of luck on your hunt.

L.W.

© 24hourcampfire