Home
Posted By: willowcreek1996 white sands oryx - 08/24/10
A great time at WSMR with Antler Addiction Outfitters and Steve Pecos. I thought Steve was crazy for having me pass on several 37 inch bulls and 3 or 4 38 and 39 inch cows. Sunday morning we found this 40 inch cow. First shot was a bit forward, second was a bit too far back, both passed through. 140 grain accubond out of a 7mm08.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: RugerM77270 Re: white sands oryx - 08/24/10
Beautiful Animal that's a hunt you will never forget.
Posted By: GregW Re: white sands oryx - 08/24/10
We've run across so many of those things coyote hunting down there...

Very nice BTW...
Posted By: 1minute Re: white sands oryx - 08/24/10
Sweeeeet!
Posted By: colorado bob Re: white sands oryx - 08/25/10
That's a beauty! Conglads. Which range were you on? I got mine on the Stallion a few years ago. You had to look over a bunch of oryx to pass on 37" bulls. CB
Posted By: 24mileboy Re: white sands oryx - 08/25/10
Nice!!
Posted By: willowcreek1996 Re: white sands oryx - 08/25/10
Co. Bob,
We were hunting on Rhodes Canyon and did see a lot of animals. At the start of the hunt I told Steve that what ever I shot was going to be the biggest oryx I'd ever kill and that I would shoot the one he told me to. I had a pretty hard time not shooting a few of them that we got close to, but Steve would say, "There are nicer ones out here, let's back out and go find them." I can take no credit for holding out for the one I shot. I found out yesterday afternoon she was the top cow taken on the hunt.
Posted By: maddog Re: white sands oryx - 08/25/10
Congrats! Great pic! You got yourself a great trophy, and some mighty fine eats.

maddog
Posted By: KC Re: white sands oryx - 08/25/10

Beautiful Animal. Did you get any help from the MPs on the missile range?

KC
© 24hourcampfire