Home
Posted By: Salmonella Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
Anyone have a Montana Wolf density map?
One showing the heaviest populations.
I suspect it would be all along the Yellowstone corridor.

If the state cuts loose with some tags this fall I want to be there!

wink
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
doggies

If they have a season, just come anywhere near the ID border. The damn things are everywhere, but that dosen't mean It'll be easy to get a shot off on one. This is the 2nd year in a row I saw more wolves than elk. You can't go anywhere without seeing one or hearing them howl.
Salmonella: I have not seen such a population density map as yet.
Maybe you would have more luck in finding Elk population maps from pre-1996 and comparing them to recent maps - the places where the Elk numbers have been decimated is where the highest populations of Wolves are!
Dittoes with maps showing Moose and Bighorn Sheep populations as they have also been seriously hurt by the overpopulation of Wolves!
I am currently reconsidering my life long held stance of absolute compliance with ALL laws - especially game and fish laws!
A woman acquaintance of mine here in SW Montana recently divulged to me that she has killed 3 Wolves in SW Montana in the last year, herself!
I felt embarassed that I could not announce any such commitment of my own to trying to save our Big Game herds.
The Governor of Montana last week completely denounced the horrific situation created by the greens and their lying accomplices in the federal government regarding this unforgiveable over-population of Wolves.
He directed his minions and authorities to cease and desist in investigating and enforcing laws regarding the illegal shooting of Wolves!
The Wolves have done SO much harm to Montanas game herds that this DEMOCRAT Governor has full fledgedly endorsed civil disobedience in this regard!
SO... maybe there will be a Wolf season this year no matter what the greens, the liberal obstructionists and the lying sons of bitches and daughters of whores in the federal government say or do!
Good for the Governor of Montana - I just hope its not "to little to late"!
Your honor... I could have swore that was "just a large Coyote"!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: 4100fps Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
He directed his minions and authorities to cease and desist in investigating and enforcing laws regarding the illegal shooting of Wolves!

Is that what you got out of his letter to Salazar? You might want to re-read the letter. The statement was for his wardens to not waste time to investigate wolf deaths caused by predation on cattle or sheep, north of I-90. The wolf has full protection there. The last thing anybody should do is listen to Varmint Guy, you'll end up in jail, with a hefty fine.
I think everyone here has known that for a loooong time...
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
Rez wolf....(grin)

[Linked Image]
That was a scary lookin' mutt!
Key word..was....grin

A nice, big wolf rug would be sweet!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
I never miss an opportunity to show this thing off. 7 foot 3 inches and hair thick as my coffee. ( left that one open for some perverted jokes!)
[Linked Image]
That is beyond cool in more ways than one!
Posted By: toad Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/20/11
i agree. very nice rug!
Posted By: MtHtr Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Nice!!! I hope to have several of those once we can hunt them again.
Posted By: creasy Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Complete BS varmint guy, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I have told you before to quit giving out bum internet advice.
Heaviest densities are in the NW portion of MT, its not even close. Put it this way, we were to get 122 of the 186 quota in the season that never was.

North of HWY 2, west of the divide would be my guess. No shortage of them almost anywhere around here. If there are elk in the area, there are wolves.

I took two wolves along the Gakona River in Alaska in 1998.
I'd love to add a few from the lower 48 to my collection.
With the sentiments of the Montana governor, I'm sure hoping.....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Did you see the link I posted on the 1st response? It is really generalized and dated 2009. I've seen wolves/tracks or heard them in nearly every drainage on the W side of the Bitterroot, and that map shows no home ranges in many of my areas.

I really think that anywhere there are mountains in western MT, there are wolves somewhere in the area.
Posted By: KRAKMT Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Technically, the signals from the radio collars should be public information...
Posted By: pointer Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Originally Posted by KRAKMT
How so?
Posted By: Bauer Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
The governors talk is cheap.That spineless [bleep] will cave as soon as federal money becomes an issue.
Posted By: rl11 Re: Montana Wolf Density Map? - 02/21/11
Originally Posted by KRAKMT

Do a search on FWP`s site, it is publicized. Or at least it was the year leading up to the first hunt.
There are a ton of the [bleep] up here near kalispell, NW Montana. They all need shot period.We don't want them here!!! They are wiping out our game numbers!!!
© 24hourcampfire