Home
Posted By: Schnees_Boots Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
Hello Campfire members! My name is Rob and I am technical footwear expert and marketing coordinator for Schnee's. I am a self-proclaimed hunting nut, gear head and outdoor junkie as well as long time follower of the 'fire. With nearly a decade of experience in the outdoor footwear business, I am here to offer advice on fit and product care, answer technical questions about our products and share in the passing of knowledge, experience and the occasional story around the campfire.

This thread will also be used to share information on promotions, news and general info about many of the great products that Schnee's currently offer as well as new and upcoming products.

Right now Schnee's is offering Free Shipping on ALL orders for campfire members until August 18th, just use code Camp24 over the phone or online! I look forward to meeting many of you around the 'fire!

Rob
Welcome to the Fire Rob!

Say hello to TJ and Les for me

Mark D
Posted By: 30338 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
Hi Rob! Son and I both run Schnee's for our hunts and love them. I'll buy more as long as they keep saying made in the USA. Welcome to fire.
Man, I miss Bozeman...
Posted By: Rackmastr Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
Welcome to the Fire!!!

My wife loved the Schnee Extreme on her Alberta November Bighorn hunt. I think I'll have to buy a pair and try em out for next season!! Thanks again for keepin her feet warm!

[Linked Image]
Thanks everyone for the welcome so far! Rackmaster, great pic! I believe you and I have had some correspondence before, this photo graces our testimonial page on our website as well!
Posted By: Rackmastr Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
You bet man. They were an important part of the hunt for sure!!
Posted By: anie Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
welcome!!!! love the western packers
I also wanted to let everyone know that Schnee's has a "Replace My Boots!" contest going on right now for a chance to win a FREE PAIR of Schnee's!

Just submit a photo of your worn out boots that just can't hack one more season to our Powder Horn Blog, our Facebook Page or by email to service@schnees.com for a chance to win! Full details on our blog and FB page!
Are you a paying advertiser?
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/20/11
Hey Rob, how have the reports came back on the Beartooth/Wilderness boots? Are they running true to size? What footbed are they built on (narrow, reg, etc.) I am going to order a pair soon.
We sure are ironbender, let us know if we can help you with anything!
Reports have been phenomenal hunting1, we have some serious backcountry hounds that have been wearing the boots for awhile now and have put them through the paces with a lot of great feedback. They fit very true, I would say add 1/2 size to your brannock measurement to allow for swelling and a quality sock! They are are available in Med and Wide (Beartooth/Granite)and are built on an Italian last that runs about average/medium volume.
Thanks for the answer. glad to hear it.
Posted By: hunting1 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Thanks, order to come!
Posted By: muledeer Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
I bought my first set in about '92; have bought several types and style over time. I don't wear them every day, but when it's the right day it's definitely the right boot. That being said -- I definitely need to replace the bottom side of the boots. I used to have a form to fill out and send in, but you know how the best interests show up...

Any help will be good...thanks in advice.

Did I mention that I really really like my boots... grin?

Dennis

Posted By: SamOlson Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Mine need new rubbers also.

Do we get free shipping on wore out boots???

grin
Posted By: slg888 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Originally Posted by Rackmastr
Welcome to the Fire!!!

My wife loved the Schnee Extreme on her Alberta November Bighorn hunt. I think I'll have to buy a pair and try em out for next season!! Thanks again for keepin her feet warm!

[Linked Image]
That is awesome...good for her!
Posted By: Robster Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
I am also a big fan of my Schnee's boots. Already have three pair of the pac boots. The lightweight hunter II for rabbit hunting, the warmer extreme for stand hunts, and my favorites are the western ADV for those cold days in the saddle. Never had a boot that worked so well and was so warm for riding on those cold days.
Posted By: 444Matt Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Sweet, I'll be getting my first pair of schnees for my birthday this year. Looks like I'll get free shipping too, Awesome!
Posted By: lawnman Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Hey Rob welcome! Been looking at the Montana style boot with the velcro closer. Seems like the velcro can wear out over time. How has it been holding up? Also how would you recommend sizing on this boot? True to size? Thanks again!
Welcome to the Fire.

I have been looking at your boots for awhile now, but after having a not so great experiance with Cabelas Chinese made boots not fitting right I like to try on boots now before purchasing. So with a niece starting up at Bozeman and several relatives in the area I hope to get to the store and do just that.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Mine need new rubbers also.

Do we get free shipping on wore out boots???

grin

SamOlson and Muledeer, if you send in your boots for rebuild during the Free Shipping promo (now until Aug 18th) we will glady ship them back no charge! Send them to:

Schnee's Inc.
6597 Falcon Lane
Bozeman, MT 59718

Include a note referencing the 24 Hour Campfire Free Shipping deal, our manufacturing team can hunt me down if they have any questions!
Lawnman, the Montana boot is one of our best sellers every year. Depending on the use, velcro can and will eventually wear out (ranchers see this a lot with hay and grass clogging up in the velcro). We have heard many customers say that a wire dog brush works well to clean and rough up the soft side when this happens, and the velcro can also be replaced by us or most full service cobblers. New velcro is $10 by itself or we replace it for free with a rebuild!
Howdy Rob, I think I have traded emails with you and a few others over there. I have 3 pairs of Schnees and they are all awesome!

I have the Beartooth....one question I have is that obviously I have 2 of them...a right and a left boot. Do I refer to them individually as Beartooth but together they are Bearteeth? confused When these eventually wear out and I get a new pair would I say I have 2 pairs of Bearteeth? Or 2 pairs of Beartoothes? Please help as this has been keeping me up at night! grin

Seriously folks, I had a backcountry elk hunt last year on some steep terrain and the Beartooth rocked. I couldnt have been happier. From the first time I put them on, I knew they were in a league all of their own.
Posted By: EricM Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/21/11
Hi Rob, welcome! What can a guy like myself do who needs a size 12.5 (and not a narrow last) for all-around hunting use in the West?

Cheers,
Eric
Eric, unfortunately very few brands offer half sizes past size 12. It is better to have a little extra room/length in a boot than having a boot that is too short. Right off the bat I would suggest going to get fit/measured at a reputable footwear store or full service outdoor specialty shop (REI, Climbing shops, Red Wing stores). You will likely end up needing a 13 which can tweaked to provide a better fit through the use of aftermarket insoles such as SuperFeet (available in a variety of models for diffent volume and application).

As far as specific models go, identify your primary use (heavy pack/rugged terrain, day pack/rolling terrain etc.) and try to find a model that will fullfill your needs for the majority of your trips, in our line I would probably look into the Beartooth. It's tough to find the boot that will cover 100% of your needs, but many will cover 90%! Let me know if that helps!
Thanks, Rob. I may have to try SuperFeet. I've gone to REI and tried on 12's and they're all to small. I go to 13's and they feel clunky. It's been a challenge to say the least. A Euro 46 usually works, but they're not easy to find. Is the ECCO Track II GTX (in 46) worth looking at?

Thanks,
Eric
The Ecco Track, although very comfortable and well made, is probably not the best boot for most hunting applications (think of more as a Central Park hiking boot). Other Euro brands that make great boots that I have had experience with are Scarpa (Kailash, ZG10, SL M3) or La Sportiva (Pamir).
Thanks, Rob. I'd actually wear flip flops for hiking Central Park. wink

Eric
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
My headache is I have big calves, and I've yet to find a warm boot over 6" high that will fit them comfortably.

I reckon I could use a warm 6" boot, or a taller one if it has a generous cut at the top. Got any reccomendations?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
Thanks Rob!

Surprised they lasted as long as they did(3 or 4 years old). Wear them for work daily in the Winter, great boots!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by muledeer
I bought my first set in about '92; have bought several types and style over time. I don't wear them every day, but when it's the right day it's definitely the right boot. That being said -- I definitely need to replace the bottom side of the boots. I used to have a form to fill out and send in, but you know how the best interests show up...

Any help will be good...thanks in advice.

Did I mention that I really really like my boots... grin?

Dennis

Dennis, I'm glad to see you post. I have watched your blog and haven't seen anything since June, hope you are doing well...
Tex, we can make you a pair of our boots with a WIDE calf! We offer a standard wide calf cut (or narrow for any of you other guys!) for $30/pair. The standard wide cut adds 2" to the uppers of the boot (a narrow takes 1.5" out).

If you think you would need more than 2", we can custom cut a super wide calf to your measurements for $50/pair (this is slightly more expensive because the leather has to be cut and trimmed by hand).

These cuts can be ordered on any of our 10", 13" or 16" lace up models!

Thanks,

Rob
Funny you show up here and welcome, two days ago I was looking at the website after alot of guys reccomendation on here. I
have always worn LLB and want a new pair of pac boots for cold weather stand hunting, I saw some with removeable liners, do they run true to size, looking for your suggestions.I was looking at the Artic pac or Sportsman pac.
Thanks for the welcome rrconductor! All of our insulated pac's feature removable liners which make it easy to dry out the inside of the boots after extended wear and allows you to always have the abililty to swap in a dry liner (an extra set is always good). Size runs pretty true but only in whole sizes, so if you are a half size, round up to the next whole size.

The Artic and Sportsman models are no longer available (they were made for Sportsman's Warehouse), but the comparable Bozeman-made models would be the Extreme and the Hunter II.

Depending on your intended use, our 13" Hunter II is by far our best selling model. Perfect for active use through a wide range of temps, and depending on your individual comfort this boot can even take you into late season temps (I use my Hunter's ice fishing and sitting in goose blinds well into January).

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Posted By: Dusty246 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
Great boots. My buddy and I have the older, warmest, version with the original Sno-bob grips on the soul and it makes climbing up the ridges in Cody a breeze. I wish they still had the original sole to replace these. I bought them in Boseman in 1989 and still use them every year.

If I order a pair of Extremes and they are not the correct size, can I return for exchange? Would not wear outside only carpet just to try fit with the socks and liner socks that I use.
Absolutely, returning or exchanging is not a problem, all of our products are backed by our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee!
Posted By: DanAdair Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
What is your policy regarding Vibraam soles and stomping on hippies and kittens??
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/22/11
Originally Posted by Schnees_Boots
Tex, we can make you a pair of our boots with a WIDE calf! We offer a standard wide calf cut (or narrow for any of you other guys!) for $30/pair. The standard wide cut adds 2" to the uppers of the boot (a narrow takes 1.5" out).

If you think you would need more than 2", we can custom cut a super wide calf to your measurements for $50/pair (this is slightly more expensive because the leather has to be cut and trimmed by hand).

These cuts can be ordered on any of our 10", 13" or 16" lace up models!

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks - that sounds interesting, I will check out those models.
Posted By: Ebby Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/23/11
Can you make the Beartooth in narrow calf? I need a narrow calf but will need to get them and try them out before August 20th. Possible?
Lee
Posted By: Huntr Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/23/11
My Schnee's Hunter II's are simply incredible pac boots. Thanks for making a great product.
Originally Posted by Ebby
Can you make the Beartooth in narrow calf? I need a narrow calf but will need to get them and try them out before August 20th. Possible?
Lee

Hi Lee, unfortunately we are not able to modify the calf dimensions on our Mountain Boot series. We make our Mountain Boots in Italy and only have a standard die for each model, and with the eVent membrane booty we are unable alter the uppers.
Originally Posted by Huntr
My Schnee's Hunter II's are simply incredible pac boots. Thanks for making a great product.

Thank you for the feedback Huntr! Glad to hear that you enjoy the boots!
Posted By: Ebby Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/23/11
No problem. Thanks. I may try a pair anyway.
Lee
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/24/11
Cold to wet you will have a hard time finding a better boot.
By far the most comfortable pac boot I have worn.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Great pics Sam, that looks like some wicked wet gumbo!
Posted By: Monashee Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/24/11
Originally Posted by Huntr
I'll be the first to agree.Mine stand up to cold British Columbia late season mulie and whitetail hunts and give me all the ankle support I need.A first class product. Monashee
Thank you for the great feedback Monashee! Have you had the chance to look at our Mountain Boot series yet? We have had a lot of great reports back from hunters and guides wearing these boots in BC!
Posted By: 22WRF Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/26/11
My only problem with Schnees Hunter II Boots is that they do not come in wide. I have been to the store in Downtown Bozeman on many occasions to try and make the next size up fit, but they don't. Wish you would start a line of EE sizes.
Originally Posted by 22WRF
My only problem with Schnees Hunter II Boots is that they do not come in wide. I have been to the store in Downtown Bozeman on many occasions to try and make the next size up fit, but they don't. Wish you would start a line of EE sizes.

+1

I was looking to buy a set but no 13 EE.
Posted By: Tip926 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/26/11
+2
+3...
22WRF, old_willys, Tip926 and Dink-

Thank you all for the feedback, and you guys are not alone when it comes to looking for a wide width in pac boots. We get this question/request fairly often and I will pass this along to right people as well, hopefully wides will be something that Schnee's will be able to offer in our pac boots in the not to distant future. FYI, we do offer wides in our Beartooth and Granite models (it's a start!).

Thanks~
Posted By: FNG Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/26/11
IIRC there used to be an arctic liner available. Is this option no longer available - Do I need to buy a second pair of pacs for really cold weather? I love my Schnees, but a few days per year 400 grams just isn't warm enough. Bought the warmer boots for the little lady, but I'm not ready for the investment just yet - other priorities while unemployed...
Hi FNG,

The Arctic liner that I believe you are referring was actually a 400 gram liner that slipped into a 400 gram booty for 800 grams total insulation. This system would only fit into the Arctic model and was not interchangeable among the other styles.

This style was replaced by our Extreme which actually features the same 400 gram liner as our Hunter/Outfitter model but also has 600 grams of thinsulate built into the bottom for 1000 grams total insulation at the foot in a lighter, less bulky bottom when compared to old Arctic.

Thanks
What coating is best to make the leather tops waterproof?
Originally Posted by rrconductor
What coating is best to make the leather tops waterproof?

We recommend using our Schnee's Premium Leather Conditioner or Montana Pitch Blend Conditioner. Both of these products work well with our naturally oiled leather uppers to maintain water repellancy as well as the life of the leather (important for multiple rebuilds down the road). Also our Schnee's Premium Leather Conditioner is 100% ODOR FREE and Barnyard Acid Proof (any of you that spend time around the corrals know what that stuff can do to a pair of boots!).

Avoid products like Sno-Seal (blocks the outside pores of the leather reducing breathability and forcing the leather to absorb moisture from the inside leading to premature drying of the leather) as well as liquid oils such as Neatsfoot or Mink Oil (with time these tend to oversoften leather as well as open the natural leather fibers which will cause the integrity of the leather to break down faster).

Using a oil product 1-2 times a season, say before storing the boots for an extended period of time, will not hurt, it is just not something that should be applied regularly.

Thanks~
Posted By: 6mm Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/27/11
I love my Schnee's boots and will purchase another pair if these Hunter model's ever wear out! Great boots and love the made in USA.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/28/11
Originally Posted by 6mm
I love my Schnee's boots and will purchase another pair if these Hunter model's ever wear out! Great boots and love the made in USA.

Well, not entirely. When I needed to have the bottom part of my boots replaced several years ago, I asked if they were made in Bozeman. I was told "No they are not made in Bozeman. They are sourced from somewhere in the Asian rim." Maybe that has changed. Dunno. Nevertheless, great boots regardless of country of origin.
6mm - Thanks for the kudos!

Carbon12, you are correct, the rubber bottoms are manufactured overseas and have been since LaCrosse closed their rubber manufacturing plant in the US, this is the case for nearly all U.S. Pac manufacturer's.

The rest of the boot, from the hand-selected U.S. sourced leather hide's and solid milled brass to the custom made thinsualte liners, are cut, sewn and assembled right here in our Bozeman factory.

Thanks!
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/28/11
Originally Posted by Schnees_Boots
6mm - Thanks for the kudos!

Carbon12, you are correct, the rubber bottoms are manufactured overseas and have been since LaCrosse closed their rubber manufacturing plant in the US, this is the case for nearly all U.S. Pac manufacturer's.

The rest of the boot, from the hand-selected U.S. sourced leather hide's and solid milled brass to the custom made thinsualte liners, are cut, sewn and assembled right here in our Bozeman factory.

Thanks!

Does Schnees make Thinsulate liners for LaCross? Curious because I have a set of LaCross liners that I change in when the Schnees are damp. The LaCross set are identical in every way except for the LaCross label.
Schnee's does not make liners for LaCrosse, only for our own Pac's. I'm sure that Schnee's thinsulate liners would fit fine in a variety of models (LaCrosse or other brands), I know many people stop into our Main St. store in Bozeman to buy our Schnee's felt liners to replace their worn out Sorel liners!

Posted By: ehunter Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/28/11
I have been considering the unlined pack boots here in Oregon its not cold just wet. Last year I bought a pair of the Forester boots for walking the dogs and had heck of a time getting them broke in and had to send them back for a leather tongue to be sew in the heal cup area. Now they are fine my concern is with your uninsulated boots has that been fixed? I know that wearing the liners covers a lot of those issues where the rubber and leather meet? It almost seems like they need a foot liner up to your ankle to be able to protect the heals in those boots.

What is differnce if I buy a 13 inch boot than the Forester in the heal area?
Ehunter, any of our uninsulated boots can be ordered with a Heel Slip. Every individual fits into our Uninsulated boots differently, many do not notice any rubbing or catching, others find the seam to be very noticeable.

There will be no difference in the area that you are referring to whether the boot is a Forester, 10" Guide or 13" Guide, so I would recommend the heel slip at the time of ordering!

Thanks~
Posted By: ehunter Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/28/11
Thanks the forster is now broke in and I may hunt with them this year along with a gator.
Just a reminder that we have a "Replace My Boots" contest going on over on our Schnee's Powder Horn Blog as well as our Schnee's Montana Facebook page!

We want to see photo's of your trail shredded, over worked boots for a chance to win a FREE PAIR of Schnee's brand boots (Pac Boots OR Mountain Boots)!

Sunday is the last day for photo submission. Send your photos to rob@schnees.com or upload them to this thread or our Facebook page! Visit our Blog for full details A winner will be announced next week!

Thanks~
Posted By: Taconic11 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/30/11
Been wearing Schnees Boots for over 20 years. A bear chasing buddy has too, and He covers many miles a year.
Posted By: loborojo Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/30/11
Rob, Is thre any reccomended way to shrink some boots? I bought a pair of Bozemans last spring and have pretty much wore them every day since. Problem being they have stretched out to the point I cant lace them tight enough to get the slop out. The main area of stretch is ahead of the laces in the wide part of the foot so lacing them tighter realy isn't helping anyway. I was thinking of adding another set of insoles, but no sure if that is reccomended? Also, with that boot, the eyelet that is halfway up the laces that sits sideways is a shoe lace eating s.o.b. I'm on my third set of laces this summer.
Posted By: Brad Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/30/11
Rob, welcome to the fire. We've got all manner of boots and shoes around the house from Schnees, including your excellent Pacs!

Looking forward to trying the Wilderness boot. A friend has a pair and loves them.

The Granite, unfortunately, didn't work for my feet. The Primalof insulation is thin and allows the interior eyelet rivets to rub the tops of my feet. Not good.

I like that you're thinking outside the Goretex/Thinsulate/Duratherm box, but in my case it just doesn't work.

Originally Posted by loborojo
Rob, Is thre any reccomended way to shrink some boots? I bought a pair of Bozemans last spring and have pretty much wore them every day since. Problem being they have stretched out to the point I cant lace them tight enough to get the slop out. The main area of stretch is ahead of the laces in the wide part of the foot so lacing them tighter realy isn't helping anyway. I was thinking of adding another set of insoles, but no sure if that is reccomended? Also, with that boot, the eyelet that is halfway up the laces that sits sideways is a shoe lace eating s.o.b. I'm on my third set of laces this summer.

Unfortunately there is not a way to shrink a boot without causing problems or damage to other boot components (like the sole/midsole). Adding a spacer or volume shim would likely be your best bet, look for a completely flat insole from a company like Spenco or give us a call and I can help you find one! As far as the eyelet, a small round tool file should do the trick!

Thanks~
Thanks for the "welcome" Brad! Sorry to hear the Granite didn't quite work out, once we get our next shipment in we should have some Beartooth's in the Insulated version back in stock, that may be something to consider as well! How are you liking the Crispi boots so far? I have been wearing a pair for a couple years that aren't too shabby.

Thanks~
Posted By: Brad Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 07/31/11
Thanks Rob. Loving the Crispi's for my feet.
Hey Campfire friends! Our new Fall catalog is now available and features all of our signature Schnee's footwear and apparel as well a lot of other great products from Sitka, Badlands, Adventure Medical and more!

If you would like to receive a FREE copy, give us a call at 1-800-922-1562 or visit us online at www.schnees.comDon't forget, we also are offering FREE shipping on all orders for campfire members through August 18th (use promo code Camp24 at checkout)!

[Linked Image]

Thanks~
Posted By: test1328 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/04/11
Rob,

Whatever happened to Schnees Gators? I've got a pair that I bought about 10-12 years ago now that are the best I've ever found but to my knowledge they haven't been offered in many years. I believe they're GoreTex lined and have camo fleece on the outside. Nice synthetic strap that wraps around the bottom of your sole and velcro on the front. Wish Schnees still carried them.
Test1328, you do not know how often we hear that! Long story short, it was a small company making those for us and their production was purchased by another company. We still offer some great gaiters from Sitka and OR, and hopefully we will be able to add a quality fleece style gaiter to the mix before too long!

Thanks~
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/04/11
I gotta know...why do your imported blue jeans cost $110
Posted By: doubletap Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/05/11
Originally Posted by tedthorn
I gotta know...why do your imported blue jeans cost $110

Because it's too hard to get people to pay $120 for them.
Posted By: ehunter Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/05/11
LOL
Tedthorn, thank you for your question. At first glance our jeans may seem expensive. Like different grades of wood on a stock or varying quality of glass in optics, there are many different grades of cotton.

We use a premium grade of cotton denim as the starting point for this jean. From there we simply try to set them apart from other jeans out there, from our signature Schnee's waistband and fly backing to our Schnee's rivets and button. These jeans are not mass-produced or readily available at any big-box retailer or department store, they are skillfully produced in small batches exclusively from Schnee's.

These jeans have quickly become one of our best-selling clothing items this past season, and although they may not be for eveyone, the customers that are wearing them sure seem to enjoy them!

Thanks again for your question~
Posted By: tedthorn Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/05/11
Thank you for the info sir.
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 08/08/11
Schnee's,

What happened to the "Gently Used" section of your website? I've made good use of that in the past.
BeanMan, we have found it to be easier and much faster to sell our gently worn items through our retail stores in Bozeman. If there is something specific you are looking for let me know and I wll see what I can find!

Thanks~
How about a used pair of Schnees hunter II in size 14... grin

Dink
Sorry Dink, I checked at our warehouse and our retail stores and we do not have anything "broken in" in a size 14. Feel free to call us anytime and we would be happy to check for you though!

Thanks~
Thanks for checking for me.

Dink
Today is the last day for Free Shipping! Use promo code Camp24 at checkout and receive Free Shipping on all orders!

Thanks~
Hey friends of the fire,

This Thursday evening, Schnee's will be hosting multi-award winning elk caller and TV host Chad Schearer at our Powder Horn store in downtown Bozeman! Chad is an Oufitter/Guide here in MT, an accomplished outdoor speaker and writer, and host of Shoot Straight w/ Chad Schearer on The Sportsman Channel.

Chad will be giving a FREE seminar on Elk Calling from 6:30PM-8PM and he has a lot of great information and experience to pass along. Schnee's will have some great in-store specials and prize drawings beginning Thursday night and going through the weekend! If you are in the area please stop by, we'd love to see you there!
Good to see you tonight Rob, good turn out and Chad did a good job. I used to have my guiding lic thru him and totally enjoyed working with him. He and his wife are good people.

Dober
Thanks Mark, it was good to see you as well! Chad and Marsha are great people and sure Chad puts on a great seminar! Thanks for stopping in~
Do you have anything planned for the future?

Perhaps this winter you get Scenar to come back to the Bozezone for a few days and do a yote seminar?

Dober
Just wanted to let everyone know that we have received a LARGE shipment of Sitka Gear including Bino Bivy's and Timberline Pants and we have also rec'd quite a few of pairs of our Schnee's Granite Boots, I know some members were looking for sizes and they are moving fassst!

Good luck this fall!

Thanks~
Schnees Boots or Rob

I've been trying to get a hold of Schnee's Customer Service through email's and phone calls without much luck. Could you PM me please?

Thanks
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 11/02/11
If you guys need a boot rebuild I recommend it. Sent in a pair of boots less than two weeks ago and got 'em back today. They look great.

Rob, one gilch. I sent along a new pair of 'fancy gevlar' laces along with a note to relace the boots with them. One of your boot hippies must have forgot. Anyway, not sure if you are around the shop but I would appreciate it you guys could send them back. Not a big deal but I don't really want to spent another $15 on laces I already bought.
Posted By: eh76 Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 11/02/11
American made boots?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Official Schnee's Thread - 11/02/11
EH, I can't remember but doubt it.

Either way they were due for new rubber bottoms and look new again now.
© 24hourcampfire