Home
Any of you guys ever hook-up and go on a hunt together?
Bumped into another member in a campsite in the mountains once. We BS'ed in camp over a few days, kinda like we do on here....
Not yet, but I may this year.
Yes, hunted with an outfitter on this forum. MTG
Yes, he drove over from Washington and we hunted chuker together and then in the spring shot black bears in SE Alaska on an unguided hunt.
I have had a few members of this site come my way to shoot sage rats.
I'll probably forget someone.

Hunted with:
Bearhuntr
DanH
Sitka deer
Mistreated
AKGrayling

Fished with:
las
CWH2

I've had beer with them all.

Now, who'd I miss?
It won't be long and Mule Deer will be bragging about going hunting with me...
yes
I went on a Wyoming antelope hunt with Okanagan: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...oming_Antelope_Hunt_With_Fel#Post3376882

I went varmint hunting with Jamie and Safariman.

And I hunted elk with Mallard Addict.

Met them all right here online.
I've hunted with a cowpuncher/mapmaker who's a member here..
I would like to go hunting with Mark (SafariMan), BSA, Ingwe and EH 76. There is many more but those come to mind.

And Rancho because he is a funny bastid. grin
Done some day hunts with about 5 members, but no extended trips.
Yes, a few members from here.
None from here yet, but went elk hunting last year with a couple of guys from another site. Going together again this year.
Hunted with a large bunch from here... Probably at least 30... Fished with many more.
I'd like too, but I'm afraid someone would steal my rifle stock.

Don't know who you can trust anymore....
Kenneth
I have met some like you in the process of hunting with board members... A couple would never be invited back. But the key is the part where you admit not knowing but you still need to make a comment without full information.

I would advise you to stop making comments on something you know nothing about.
art
Yep. I'm the dad to two of them.

Jim
Yes. It was like hunting with a longtime friend. We laughed ourselves silly at the abuse we'd take from the other members here, when they found out we weren't shooting VLD's...

FC
Yes, hunted for several years with a guy I met here until he died. We both went hunting with an outfitter we met on the old Shooters site.
Hunted with three members here and it was always a hoot. I knew we were going to get along right up front. Neither one owned a .270 Win. laugh
not from this site but from another i frequent.several of them are members here
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

How many people get their very own custom, highly detailed hunting map?.....

grin

Originally Posted by SamOlson

grin

You should start a bizniz...

Sammo and Rancho kicking back on a weekend....

[Linked Image]
Shot with dogcatcher223, bivvyed/packed out elk and skiied with for about 10 years with Pitbull. Good guys.
No but I wouldn't turn down the chance.

grin

On the back of an envelope or on a cocktail napkin? smile
Hunted with a few from here, all have been great guys. Exchanged info with a lot more in regard to various hunts, etc.
Originally Posted by ironbender

grin

On the back of an envelope or on a cocktail napkin? smile

Or, drawn with a stick in the dirt and propped with rocks and other debris as "landmarks" ??? grin
Yes. Like hunting with a life long friend...
Yup, then I joined his hunting club.
Yup, and I don't think I've ever hunted with a more gracious, polite, respectful, or skilled hunter before or after.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

grin

You should start a bizniz...

And those [bleep] were right where he said.. grin

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Kenneth

[Linked Image]

OMG that's [bleep]' funny..
Yep, I've done it once or twice. Met a great friend on here and we stay in daily touch now for over 3 years. Have been on lots of hunts together.
Not yet - but will be this year. Darrenk75b and me are headed to Wyoming to chase antelopes!! Since we will be just down the road from Sendaro_Man we hope to go have a cold one with him and BS. Should be fun:)
I've hunted with quite a few members from here, and shot and fished with some too. each time was a lot of fun, and made great friends along the way
I have not yet, maybe some day. on a lighter note, I miss "The Far Side"!!
Originally Posted by podunk
Bumped into another member in a campsite in the mountains once. We BS'ed in camp over a few days, kinda like we do on here....

It's funny, a lot of us bs on here like we are old buddies. I met a good guy from here on the fire and we bs'd at a walmart parking lot for an hour. We were trading rifle stocks and swapping stories. It's nice to meet people from this site because you know each and everyone of us have a lot in common. We share a sickness ("rifle loonieness"), a lot of us may have friends that we hunt with and they have guns but they don't seem to have the sickness so we come here to bs with others that do..... whistle
Distance is an obstacle for me, if not for living on the other side of the world there's a lot I'd hunt with if they'd have me.

As things stand when we do come over I hope to hunt, fish or shoot with quite a few guys from here.
Hunted with far too many to even list...be hunting hogs with 25 or so members come March
Met ctsmith on the fire several years ago, and quickly became great friends. A real salt of the earth guy. Have shot with him a bunch and have also hunted with him. I am fortunate...

John
yep
Yes. There's some very good people here. I offered to reciprocate but I can't talk him out of the mountains he loves for a couple weeks of hunting the flatlands.

And those [bleep] were right where he said.. grin

[Linked Image]

You ain't right............. grin

You should have done that with a crayon. I'm still laughin'
I've hunted with about a dozen guys from this site, many more than a time or three...
a few

[Linked Image]
birdie

[Linked Image]
Oh yeah, and I have never been disappointed by anyone I have meet personally here from the Campfire. Everyone I've meet can shoot above average as well.

I've hunted with a few guys that I met through this site.
All have been great guys that I consider freinds.
Yep. It has was and still is the most fun place I've ever hunted.
I've met a dozen or so from the fire, BC30cal the most recent, exceptionally fine people. Waders and I had a great hunt together, fun from one end to the other. He linked to our original story in his post.

Like Jamie, I consider several folks from the fire my friends and would enjoy a hunt with you.

I drove 1000 miles to hunt in Kentucky with a member that I met here. I was a little nervous driving all that way to hunt with someone I didn't know, but it rurned out great. He was a stand-up guy that I hope to return the favor to someday.
Originally Posted by Kenneth

[Linked Image]

I didn't know Ingwe smoked laugh
Members off the fire I've hunted with? Just BillyGoatGruff and Deflave. I went east once and killed this-un with Travis

[Linked Image]

Them two came over here a couple years running for a Spring Bear hunt that somehow always turned into a party...

Now, I've MET several more members than that. Between the Wyoming get together, dinner at Tom's place, gunshows, and the EdT back country skills camp. I even ran into a few members from here at 3D shoots last spring/summer.
Tzone and colorado1135
I hunt with my best bud, ChipM.
Originally Posted by hwgtyd
I drove 1000 miles to hunt in Kentucky with a member that I met here. I was a little nervous driving all that way to hunt with someone I didn't know, but it rurned out great. He was a stand-up guy that I hope to return the favor to someday.

Agreed. That was an excellent trip. It could have turned out chitty, but it didn't. Goes to show there are still good folks kickin' around.
yeah, one from here. i offered up a cow elk hunt with the gang, on here, and randyr, was pulled from the hat.
had a great time, even tho i couldn't get off work, and only hunted the first day, and went back up the mountain as time permitted.

hope to offer another spot this year, but we'll see who's gonna show, and who isn't.
got a new 5th wheel, and it doesn't have the sleeping space as the old one.

i do have 3 great friends, i met on another site, and we hunt quite a bit, and have formed a great friendship.

huntr, sig220, and the g man. plus a few others who aren't on this site.

hi guys, am real glad we met many years ago. looking forward to many more years of hunting and hanging out together.
I've hunted with Calvin and Romo and had a great time . They both killed moose up in AK on 2 separate hunts. Never met either one FTF till we were in AK. Wish I could meet more cause I go alone a lot.
Never whistle
Hi!

My name is fish head and I'm 6'0", HWP, blonde hair, blue eyes and I'm a Leo.

Turn ons: hunting, fishing, camping ...

Turn offs: no sense of humor

Wanna go huntin' laugh

--------------------

I've met quite a few members and went dove hunting this year with two guys, on different trips, that I've met here. Everyone that I've met has been great.
I meet rifletom and his hunting buddy Dave on this site, we didn't draw the same zone but Dave made up a map of the zone up north I was going to..worked great. Hunted hard for nine days and got a dandy buck! It sure helped a lot! Hope to actual hunt with them some time soon.
Ran into Rogue 6 once while out hunting... both of us were playing hookey in the middle of the week...

Taken Clarkm out hunting sage rats and deer several times..

Also IronEagle lives in my town and I have shown him where my 'sweet spot' is..

as hunted with a forum member here who has since left.. great guy, but some of the criticism was a little too much for him to put up with...so now he occasionally lurks...

also took one other member out varmint shooting with me.. Mudbogger...
Originally Posted by Seafire

Also IronEagle lives in my town and I have shown him where my 'sweet spot' is..

Dude! WTF? laugh

I have met several, but hunted with none........yet.

I'd like to head east this year for antelope(WY) and birds if anyone is interested?
I've never hunted with anybody but my dad who passed away in the 80's.

This year it looks like i'll be hunting the muzzleloader season for elk with BigBlock455 from this forum. Now I can go for a big bull again. I've stopped hunting for big bulls lately, because it was too hard for me to get all the meat out alone.

Gravestone:

I started hunting with people that I met on the forum in the mid-90's, when it was called swap hunting. Maybe a dozen or so over the years. They have all been quality guys.

I met a guy from Texas who introduced me to Texas exotics and I hosted him for a Colorado elk hunt. We have hunted together several times since then, including in Alaska. He's a quality guy that I still keep in touch with.

In 2004 I hunted in Alaska with guys that I met on the Internet. All of us are from the lower 48 and none of us had met until we landed in Dillingham. That was a great adventure. One of those guys is now one of my best friends and I hunt with him every chance that I get.

I have had only one experience that was not totally positive. The guy was a stand up person but he wasn't prepared for hunting elk in Colorado. He didn't realize what he was getting himself into, he was in bad shape, I don't think he had much fun, and he went home early. Nice guy though and in a different suituation, I think things would have been better.

Last year a guy from Michigan joined me to hunt elk. He is a really good hunter and a super guy. Hope to get together again and maintain a good relationship with him.

KC

Still LOL at Loco's secret hunting map!!
All the time. Have covered a quite a few miles with Dennis in AZ, and a couple with SU35. There are plenty I would like to hunt with, too.
When not getting paid to hunt, I hunt alone.
I have hunted with a few guys from the campfire. Enjoyed every trip and the company. I am a firm believer the people on here are the best.
Then again there was this rickbin feller that the jury is still out on.lol!!! Kidding Rick!
Originally Posted by Maverick940
When not getting paid to hunt, I hunt alone.

Good for you!
There is a very few select I would hunt with...
Originally Posted by Gravestone

Not yet, but will meet and hunt with around 30 new friends at the hog hunt in nine days smile

Gunner
Originally Posted by Gravestone

Several guys, who are now great friends.
Many men here I'd love to hunt with. I have a hunt planned this fall with Splattermatic, and hopefully one day HugaJackass and myself can put one together.
yes several. i've meet the true salt of the earth people on here.
I've spent time with a number of members of 24 HR in various camps. I took my buddy Dan Henderson on a turkey hunt with Toby Joe Truby and we had an absolute blast! I'll see if Toby will post a pic

Drummond

I'll also get Toby to tell you guys a funny story about lunch at a cafe in a small town in TX. Pretty damn funny
© 24hourcampfire