Home
I would like to take my uncle and I on a spring bear hunt.

I will be flying from Ky to Sioux Falls where he lives. We can drive from there to Montana, Wyoming.

My uncle is a 60 yr old disabled vet with a fused ankle so walking will be limited for him. Don't think I want to hunt over bait, But not ruled out.

I will also be paying the majority of the cost and would like to keep the cost reasonable, haha. We don't need to stay at the Ritz.

Any info with an out fitter you used and how you're trip was would be great.

thanks
What kind of budget are you working with? If you don't mind me asking.

Reason being, bait hunts (not allowed in Montana) will cost quite a bit less than a guided S&S hunt.

Idaho bait hunts I'd expect are running in the range of 1800-2500. Montana S&S hunts are more in the 3K-$3500 range if you wish to get set up with a good outfit.

If'n I were to be guiding for bruins again in Montana I'd be looking at the upper end of the spectrum for sure.

Dober
April 15th is a mere 95 days away... cool

Dober
Yeah but Ive been told May 13 is the magic day.... whistle
Who ever told you that Ingwe has to be one smart educated fella and well versed in hunting field mice and mastadons... smile

Dober
Yep usually gets real good here in Washington about the 7th. Red hot by the 20th!
In Idaho you can bait or spot and stalk. Lot's of bears and DIY opportunity. Don't need a permit either. I love North Idaho!
I was hoping for 2k each + license and fees.
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober
Originally Posted by ingwe

I can't remember the exact date Dober told me almost two years ago but it was the exact day that I wacked that big blackie in the beautiful state of Montana.........
Originally Posted by remfak
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski

Dober
Originally Posted by ingwe

I can't remember the exact date Dober told me almost two years ago but it was the exact day that I wacked that big blackie in the beautiful state of Montana.........

Just went back and looked it up. It was indeed May 13th the day Dober told me and the exact day I dropped that 79 incher.
© 24hourcampfire