Home
This was my very first time hunting Antelope.It took place in Wyoming,area #23.We seen approx. 200 goats on the very first day alone,which for me was a thrill in itself.I shot this one,my very first one @ 320 yards.I had a blast to say the least,I think I'm now hooked................
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
nice one! Glad you had a good time.
Congrats to you - that's a fine looking buck!

Oh and welcome to the antelope addiction:)
Congratulations, rip...it is certainly fun. I like to try and see how close I can sneak, and then use the natural curiosity of the does to pull the buck in close. Enjoy the meat!
Congrats! Antelope addition is right!! smile
Looks like a good time, what's your rifle?
Originally Posted by smokepole

Thanks All,it was a great time for sure! Wyoming is beautiful country! My gun is a Remington Sendero 7 Mag. with a Zeiss 4.5-14 and a Ken-Ton Turret.I know it's over kill for the Antelope,so please don't beat me up for that.
No worries rlp, congrats.
Nice specimen! Crazy cool fun, eh? Too late too late I am sure, but you gotta be careful... It's addictive!

I've become a feind for this stuff!

Overkill? Well kinda... But the beauty of pronghornin is you use what you wanta use! One guy here ran a 375 H&H on a PH doe recently just cuz!

You're in for some tasty eatin!
He's a beautiful antelope! Congratulations.

And, I think you had a perfect antelope rig there. The 7mm Mag is a great long-shooter and has dumped tons of goat meat onto the ground for many years.
Originally Posted by rlp10ml

Thanks All,it was a great time for sure! Wyoming is beautiful country! My gun is a Remington Sendero 7 Mag. with a Zeiss 4.5-14 and a Ken-Ton Turret.I know it's over kill for the Antelope,so please don't beat me up for that.

Over kill? Pshaw! 7mm RM was my go too deer/goat rifle for years...still is my long range back up rifle..you did well! you realize now there is no turning backkk.. grin it is an addiction....
Congrats on a nice antelope! Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures.

Bob
rip10ml,
As others have said, "welcome to a new addiction"! Antelope hunting/shooting is friggin' great. And what killer country you visited! You'll be back. Oh, you will be back.
Nice!
congrats, they are my favorite big game critter to hunt......
Congrats on a great buck.

Kurt
Congrats.
Very nice lope! I didn't draw this year in Wyoming. I've got withdraws now! Kevin
Congratulations, they are fun to hunt.

I've hunted antelope and shot them with 14 different cartridges over 37 years for a total of 59 head tagged. Yeah and used the 7mm Magnum on 2, it is way over powered for the job at hand if you don't keep your bullets in the ribs only, as is anything else you could use. I like eating them , so I keep my bullets for the most part thru the ribs for a double lung shot and away from the eating parts. A 22 CFR , the 6's and 25's are about perfect performance wise. When you use larger calibers (6.5's,.277's,.284's and .308's) the only real advantage I see is the potential for better trajectory from them on long shots. Your 7 sounds like a tack driver and that is it's real advantage on antelope. Nice buck and congrats. Magnum Man
Thanks again to all,I really did have a blast!
Congrats and nice gun to
Nice buck and nice rifle, too. Congrats!
Great pictures and nice antelope, congrats.
Nice!

Congrats on your antelope, nice buck! The last one I shot was with a .338 win mag so the "over kill" part doesn't bother me at all. grin grin grin
I shot one today with a 6.5x47 Lapua...worse than a 7mm RM ever thought of............ eek

If it's any consolation, I took my first antelope (a doe) with a Sendero in 7mm Remington magnum, topped with a Leupold Vari-x III 6.5x20. I wanted my most accurate rifle (at that time) along in case I need to take a long shot, which I had heard was quite common with antelope. My shot was taken at 135 yds, prone off a rock. I was pretty damn happy though.

Kaiser Norton
© 24hourcampfire