Home
Posted By: laker Montana drawing - 07/21/14
Montana started drawing for antelope and deer and elk b tags. Drew a cow tag for 410. Now just waitin on antelope
Posted By: 300stw Re: Montana drawing - 07/21/14
my kid drew 631 cow youth,,,
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by laker
Drew a cow tag for 410.

My small survey sample indicates that everyone that applied, drew. You're the fifth I know of, out of five...
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
My wife and I drew cow tags in the area of the Big Belts we're most familiar with, but not local whitetail B tags. Still waiting on pronghorn and bison.
Posted By: laker Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by laker
Drew a cow tag for 410.

My small survey sample indicates that everyone that applied, drew. You're the fifth I know of, out of five...

Sounds about right. My friend didn't draw but his dad did
Figured they'd knock out the antelope today to but I guess not. I thought they always did same day as b tags
Posted By: twintips16 Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Drew nothing.... This is getting old!!! My bonus point list is getting quite long...
Fianc� and I drew our antelope tags. Sounds like everyone I've talked to has drawn them
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
I drew an antelope here in region 700. Now if I can just find a buck that is not the last of his kind in 200 miles.
Down here around baker antelope numbers are looking real good with lots off little ones running around. Not near like they have been back a few years but for sure better than they have been the last two years
Posted By: 300stw Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
son, wife and i drew 700 antelope, my wifes favorite hunt
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Great!

My wife and I drew either-sex pronghorn tags for right around here in southwestern Montana, one of the few areas in the state with pretty high populations. We didn't get the winter-kill seen further east. There isn't much public land here, but there are a few places to hunt.
Posted By: scottf270 Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
No Unit 700 Antelope tag for me and the nephew. Still got our deer tag for Montana and one for Wyoming. Two state swing the second week of November.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14

I will be hunting a cow in the Elkhorns where these guys are plentiful. Tenderloins are the best red meat you can get regardless of the horns...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Shrap, I have a friend who got a cow tag in 380 a couple years ago�sorted his way through 27 nice bulls to find a cow�..
Posted By: Downstream Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Once again, did not draw archery elk in 410.
did not draw cow elk in 410.
Looks like I will be a spectator once again.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
Laker: I drew a Buck Antelope tag (actually either sex but I do not partake of that option!) for area 321 here in SW Montana - I chose not to apply/Hunt Antelope in the decimated Region 700 districts again this year.
I first killed an Antelope in Region 700 back in 1969 and have been successful thereabouts virtually every year since then, up until two years ago anyway, when I was drawn but chose NOT to Hunt because of extremely low populations.
I see they are only offering a small fraction of tags there in Region 700 this year compared to the decades long normal numbers!
Best of luck to those that did get 700 tags - that huge area is wonderful Antelope country and beautiful besides - I miss it.
This year will be the first time I have Hunted Antelope (for myself) west of the Mosby/Melstone/Hardin line (west boundary of Region 700)!
I just had a dandy (thick!) 14" Buck Antelope pass by my front porch only 300 yards distant!
I am already getting excited for the October 11th Antelope/Rifle opener!
Good luck and safe Hunting to all the "lucky" special permit recipients - including the other 224 area 321 Antelope Hunters.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Montana drawing - 07/22/14
I did not even bother to put in for antelope this year.

They are still a rare sight.

Posted By: shortactionsmoker Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
I'd love to bust an antelope, but I didn't even apply!

Posted By: shrapnel Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
They aren't all gone. Eastern Montana has been hit hard with long cold winters and disease, but Central is still looking good. I will be going the first time in 4 years this fall. I haven't put in for the 700 area for a few years, I have a great ranch to hunt but antelope are more than scarce there...
Posted By: kawi Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
Well no with two forms mail the one that you filled out!! crap
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
Originally Posted by kawi
Well no with two forms mail the one that you filled out!! crap

I have to visit a psychiatrist tomorrow, I actually understood something kawi posted...
Posted By: billy336 Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
I drew antelope in 700 and deer in WY. Hunting with an outfitter, so hoping he has some goats around
Posted By: MTGunner Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
I drew an elk "A" tag and an antelope tag in my home state of MT. Will be a busy hunting season for this old man. MTG
Posted By: deflave Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
Good luck gunner.

Travis
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
This post reminded me to look into the results.

Wife and I both got a cow elk tag in 700. Hope we have some fun chasing some elk this Fall.
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Montana drawing - 07/23/14
Nothing for the boy or I here. Have antelope in my pasture and walking through the yard, but no tag. Oh well, drew a good antelope tag in WY.
Posted By: Solduc Re: Montana drawing - 07/24/14
Drew antelope 330 tag
Been over 20 years since last hunting the Centennial Valley. Probably hasn't changed much.
Looking forward to this Fall hunting elk , deer and antelope with son and grandkids living in Dillon
.jd
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Montana drawing - 07/27/14
Only put in for antelope this year for me and my son. Neither of us drew.
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Montana drawing - 07/27/14
Sounds like antelope are having a tough time all over.. My favorite unit west of town had 500 to 1000 permits in the forty odd years I have hunted it.. This year it had 100.. Went to another unit and drew.. best of luck to all ..
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Montana drawing - 07/27/14
Got my preferred deer A tag, 392. Just going to hunt the general elk this year. Neither bull nor cow were seen last season. Not a single damn elk. Talked to a few MFWP to get the story. They were strangely vague about the elk and the deer numbers where I usually hunt. I need to do some wolf hunting one of these years. I was told their numbers are strong.
Posted By: jmgraham1986 Re: Montana drawing - 07/27/14
I can't wait! This time next year I'll be a resident!

Any of you awesome fellas wanna show me around when I get there?
Posted By: Tarkio Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

Where will you be living?

What interests you?
Posted By: deflave Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14

Stop by any time.

Travis
I drew a cow elk for the Bear Paws and an antelope B tag.

I'm gonna be a uterus slayin' sumbitch this year.

Travis
I am hoping for a buff tag for me and my wife.
Originally Posted by deflave

Stop by any time.

Travis

Yeah, because the high-line is so convenient and on the way to everything in MT.
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Yeah, because the high-line is so convenient and on the way to everything in MT.

Nothing worth doing, is ever easy.

Travis
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Nothing worth doing, is ever easy.

Travis

Laughing!!

That is one of my best friend's favorite sayings.

Does that make you and I best friends?

I've been looking for a new one.

Travis
Next time I come along the high-line on my way somewhere, I'll stop in and you can interview for the job.
Sweet!

Travis
Posted By: ingwe Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14
I drew a cow elk for the Bear Paws and an antelope B tag.

I'm gonna be a uterus slayin' sumbitch this year.

Travis

How could you have possibly drawn those two tags when you don't work for Fish & Game?
Posted By: jmgraham1986 Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14
Thanks for the offer. Travis, I'll be right down the road from you, in Great Falls. Another wonderful import. I've been trying to get there for 9 years.

Hunting mule deer is my main goal these days. The elk were fun in NM but, I really caught the mule deer fever there and it's really not been the best of times for that state recently.

I go there pretty regularly.

Just shoot me a PM. We can meet up down that way.

Travis
Originally Posted by ingwe

How could you have possibly drawn those two tags when you don't work for Fish & Game?

Because. I'm 'flave.

Travis
Posted By: 6MMWASP Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14
Mini Flave get any fun tickets?
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
Mini Flave get any fun tickets?

He got a bright yellow tag that reads "GFY."

(I made it)

Travis
Posted By: rl11 Re: Montana drawing - 07/30/14
No luck for me other than getting mountain goat, breaks rifle bull and cow, rifle pronghorn and whitetail buck b tag. It's a good thing wyoming sent me a top notch pronghorn tag or I wouldn't have anything to do this fall.
Originally Posted by rl11
No luck for me other than getting mountain goat, breaks rifle bull and cow, rifle pronghorn and whitetail buck b tag. It's a good thing wyoming sent me a top notch pronghorn tag or I wouldn't have anything to do this fall.

No one likes a braggart.
Posted By: Rooselk Re: Montana drawing - 08/01/14
Drew a Breaks archery tag and a 900 archery antelope tag.
© 24hourcampfire