Home
Posted By: de_ballew It's almost Fall! - 07/24/14
It's almost that time a year again! Here's video to help get you excited! Colorado Elk hunt. Enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/m/83213517
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/25/14
Evidently you don't reside in Texas. If we have a fall at all, it usually shows up around December.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/25/14
We skip it here in Arizona- at least in the desert.
Posted By: billy336 Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/26/14
Heat index was 112 here today, bow opens next Saturday, should be fun frown
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/26/14
We had a straight up 116 at my house yesterday. Had some stormy weather today and a nasty dust storm kept it to a balmy 109...
Posted By: las Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/26/14
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Evidently you don't reside in Texas. If we have a fall at all, it usually shows up around December.

Well, we don't skip fall here. And it lasts from June to August, more or less. This year we seem to have gone right into September (read pre- freeze-up) after July 4th, which was quite pleasant, as summers go here. 37 degrees this morning when I got up at 5 am, with a 15 knot NW wind blowing off the ocean.

I'd rather (obviously) live here than anywhere else Outside, but anyplace in Alaska is good. Perhaps I'm just feeling mellow after two days on the Kenai Peninsula where/when the temp hit 70 under sunny skies. The Lab was miserable... I was working and sweating in a light T and bug dope. smile. When we got back, his tail never stopped wagging on the 4-block walk home from the airport.

Posted By: dennisinaz Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/26/14
Walked 6 miles today setting cameras. Heavy pack in, light coming out. Did not take enough water. I thought 6 bottles would be enough. Could have used one more. Pretty danm miserable that last couple hours of the hike. 108 and not a cloud around. Not much shade except for a few spots on the way back. Can't imagine how drastically different Kotz would be from here!

Adding this later- we got a humdinger of a thunderstorm tonight! Way over due!
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/26/14
We are going to do some out of state fishing this mth. The Sept. one grouse season opens, and five mths. of serious hunting.
Posted By: kawi Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/27/14
The grain is saying the same thing but way early for here.. spooky.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/27/14
Back in California, I'd be three weeks into the coastal Blacktail archery season..
Posted By: plainview Re: It's almost Fall! - 07/27/14
Originally Posted by de_ballew
It's almost that time a year again! Here's video to help get you excited! Colorado Elk hunt. Enjoy!
https://vimeo.com/m/83213517

THIS part of Colorado is not THAT part of Colorado. It has been 100-105 every day for a week. The only hunting going on is being done by the infamous biting flies.
Posted By: las Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/13/14
Summer is finally here, but so is fall. Been mid-70's the last week under blue skies. The willow leaves have gone from green to yellow, heading for red. Blueberries are ripe. Cotton grass blooms gone, fox-tail ripening. Other signs of fall...

We will have freezing temps in 4 to 7 weeks to freeze pond surfaces probably.
Posted By: VernAK Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/13/14
I saw two lucky hunters checking-in dall rams today.....season opened the 10th.
Posted By: laker Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/13/14
Can't get here soon enough. Read a thing that we are suppose to have snow this September. Not sure how they can guess that far ahead but I will take it. Hoping for about 6-10 inches of snow until end of February then it can dump on us all it wants. To much early makes getting around the trapline a pain the ass.
Posted By: geedubya Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/14/14
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Yup,
opening day of dove season is September 1. Prolly be in the high 90's.

Opening day of bow season October 1. Probably be in the high 90's.

I'll be there for both, sweating like a politician telling the truth.

If I see any jack-rabbits carrying canteens, I'll let you know.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: lastround Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/14/14
When it gets to the point that I don't start feeling a little excitement this time of year, I'll just quit. Hope that never happens.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/14/14
De_ballew: I was dreaming of fall just last night - I have lots of fun things do here in Montana in the summer but I really love the fall!
Can't wait.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: kawi Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/14/14
Wow, The sweatband is still taking a true tinge.grin
Posted By: rifletom Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/16/14
Originally Posted by lastround
When it gets to the point that I don't start feeling a little excitement this time of year, I'll just quit. Hope that never happens.

AMEN! Bring on Fall! Quaking aspens, chill in the air and trout in the creek! Oh, and deer about in the sage!
Posted By: jmgraham1986 Re: It's almost Fall! - 08/18/14
Bring it on! I've been waiting to get to the New Mexico high country since May!

Oct 11 will find me sitting in 16D with Bugling bulls around me.
© 24hourcampfire