Home
I got done with work a little early this afternoon so I took a drive to a favorite location. Saw quite a few antelope and whitetails but only these two mulies. The smaller one stepped out about 20 minutes before dark. The bigger one came out about 10 minutes later. That big guy is the largest mulie I've seen in that unit. If only I could throw a lasso, I'd tie him to a tree and feed him corn until November. I didn't have my camera with me, so only got some crappy cell phone pics.

[Linked Image]

Cropped it a little.
[Linked Image]

Looking forward to this fall!
Bob
Sweet!!!! Hope you find them in Nov!

GPS coordinates please...
Originally Posted by shrapnel

GPS coordinates please...

1.2.3N 4.5.6W I hope that helps! laugh

Bob
Impressive!!
Dandy bucks! Gives you the "feevuh" doesn't it?
Nice Bucks cool
Both are shooters in my book!

Nice!
Very nice Bob! Good luck in finding them during the season!
Good luck! If you are like me, you always see them before the season and then again after. Damned things have a sixth sense.
I'm just waiting for the acorns to fall on a certain tree or for the rut to kick in. Patience! Patience!
Dandies thanks for sharing.
Very nice. Thanks for showing the pics.

Reno
Bobcape,
We have been seeing better than usual mule deer this year also.

CRS
Are they both rubbed? I haven't seen a single deer this year that's rubbed yet. It should start happening this week here
You thinking about 25" wide on the larger?
Nice pics! Big mulies get my blood flowin
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Are they both rubbed? I haven't seen a single deer this year that's rubbed yet. It should start happening this week here

Yep, both were rubbed clean.

Bob
To me, the "smaller" buck looks to be much older than the other. What say you?
I agree. Huge chest and neck on him. The "larger" one seemed younger and smaller bodied.

Bob
Nice looking bucks...hope you find them come season.
Those are a couple nice bucks for sure. I love hunting muleys when I draw a tag. I'll be chasing Blacktails in my local coastal jungle again this year.
So Bob you tied the bottom left one up for me right?
Well it's kinda like that, only different. grin I have to watch it or I'll get booted outta antelope camp!

Bob
Bob nice bucks! What a gorgeous place you have there to scout/hunt!

Good luck finding those boys in a month or so!
Originally Posted by Bobcape
I agree. Huge chest and neck on him. The "larger" one seemed younger and smaller bodied.

Bob

That's what I see in the pic. The spread on that smaller-bodied one is impressive, but the other looks to be a scale giant. I know which one I'd be gunning for...
Here's few that were hanging out by my house a while back... Al I can say is the tall gene was running hot in this area for a while. The racks are towering.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Son of a bitch!!! Nice deer!! When the antlers make the heads look small, there's a lot of bone there. Beautiful animals!
This guy has been in and out of the yard the last couple years. He's fun to watch from 20-30 feet. Looks like a 4x6 with a lot of little junk. Haven't seen him out of velvet yet. Have only seen him two days this year.

A nice mature 3x4 comes and goes quite a bit though. Saw him last week, freshly out of velvet. Don't believe I have a photo of him.

[Linked Image]
Whew! Got my blood pumping. Season opens in 2 weeks here in Oregon and my 11 year old is going to try and fill my tag in the mentor program. I'm so excited I can hardly sleep.

Choose the Elk hunt over a Mule hunt this year. If I don't get a Elk I'll be looking at these and crying.
Originally Posted by Bobcape
That big guy is the largest mulie I've seen in that unit.

Yeah, but surely no flies on the smaller (rack) one either.

Good luck come huntin' season.

MM
© 24hourcampfire