Home
Using a Tikka T3 chambered in 6mm Remington. The stock was cut down to fit her scrawny little frame.

[Linked Image]

At a distance of 197 yards, she put it exactly where I told her to. Needles to say, me and her grandpa were more than a little proud.

smile

[Linked Image]
Doesn't get better than that.

Congrats to the young lady, grandpa and dad.
Then she helped my process this little guy the next day.

[Linked Image]

She LOVES to help in the whole gutting, skinning process. smile

[Linked Image]
Thanks SLM.

she is super excited about the upcoming December's cow elk hunt. All three of us drew tags, so it will be a 3 generation hunt. She's been practicing with the six mm, and is pretty consistent out to 3 hundred yards on a pretty small steel ipsc plate.

Fingers are crossed!
Super! Congrats to you both! Hopefully that's the beginning of the life long string of pics for you two.

Congrats to you both! Sounds like she is putting in her time on the shooting practice.

My oldest daughter has only been hunting a few years herself and we did manage to pull a 3-generation hunt like you mentioned, with Kate, my father, and myself all taking deer and posing for a photo.

Good luck to you guys!
That is excellent and you are rightfully proud! I have to wait two more years before my son is allowed to hunt (10 years old) and the wait is killing me!
Way cool. Good job.
Nice job!
Good stuff! It's nice to see kids being raised right. Congrats!
Good job to you and your daughter. Looks like some excellent table fare and great memories. I have 6 more years of waiting until my little girl is old enough, I don't want to wish away these years for nothing though. Keep up the good work.
Congrats Mackay! Hoping to get my 8 year old daughter on her first whitetail or hog in the next month or so.
Girls ROCK.
Great stuff.
Congrat's to your daughter!
That was a good shot, congrats to all involved.
Im sure you were all proud at that one! You'll get to see more pride on her face every time 'her' deer is served at the family dinner table.

Cool beans!
Great story, thanks.

Doing the right things.
Grin.

She's already talking about BBQ ing her steaks!!
laugh

As you well know, there is primal satisfaction in putting meat on the table. Literally.

Good on you for raising kids that way....
Doesn't get any better than that, congrat's!
Congratulations
excellent work by you and your daughter; that is some great shooting!
Originally Posted by SLM

Exactly!!!
As good as it gets! Congrats to you both, good luck with the elk-looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Congratulations to both of you!
She could sure teach me how to shoot! Very nice doe!
Congrats to all!!!
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by SLM

Exactly!!!

You have a right to be proud of her. She did great!!!
Outstanding!
A Big Congrads to the both of you! nice deer!
Nicely done, Mr. Sagebrush. Excellent start to a hunting career....
Congrats and thanks for sharing!
awesome
Awesome!

Glad she has a common love with the old man, Grandpa makes it a double bonus..

Mike
Very cool! !!
That is just great! My seven year old will be deer hunting as a shooter for the first time next month. I can't wait!
Mackay;
Thanks for sharing this special family hunt with us, they are high points at our cyber 'Fire for me for sure.

Please pass along congratulations to her on that tasty looking doe. I'm sure she'll supply many grand meals for your family.

I'm sending you my customary tip of the hat too as these hunts don't happen on their own Mackay - so a sincere well done sir.

Thanks again for sharing the hunt with us, all the best to you and yours and good luck on your remaining hunts this fall.

Dwayne
Well done! What bullet was she using in the 6mm? Good luck on the elk hunt!
Awesome stuff - congrats to you both!
Many thanks to all for the kudos. I let her read the comments and she is still excitedly talking about it. I think she has packed and repackaged a half dozen times for the December cow hunt....

Thanks again friends.
Great job Dad! You made a memory together that she will never forget.
Looks like the young lady is off to a great start! Congratulations to all of you and good luck on the upcoming elk hunt.
Congrats to the girl and dad too. Tell us about the Tikka T3 in 6 mm Rem? thanks Magnum Man
Mackey,

Congrats to you and the young lady! That's some good shooting there. Having been in that same situation a couple times over, I bet I can guess who was more nervous - grin!

Awesome!!
That just simply kicks azz.
Lucky girl, cool dad. You are preparing her to make some guy a great wife! Enjoy that thoughtgrin

mike r
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Mackey,

Congrats to you and the young lady! That's some good shooting there. Having been in that same situation a couple times over, I bet I can guess who was more nervous - grin!

Awesome!!

No question there!!

Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Congrats to the girl and dad too. Tell us about the Tikka T3 in 6 mm Rem? thanks Magnum Man

MM,

This started life as a .243 in a plastika stock. I swapped stocks, putting on a very pretty grey laminate one from a 300 win T3.

The .243 barrel was pulled and replaced with the long Lilja 6mm Remington barrel.

It shoots 85 grain Sierra hollow point Game King pills in the .2s and .3s, with velocity average of 3430 FPS.

For my daughter I bought a wood take off stock from YukonAl here and then chopped it down to fit her small frame. It's a long gun for her, barrel wise, but she is very consistent on small steel plates out to a few hundred.

On that note, friends with precision rifles stopped by camp and Limber, by her third shot was ringing an 18" popper at 745 or 775 yards, can't remember which.

This was a 300 Winchester mag, running 220 SMKs. She got behind that thing and paid attention to our guidance for the wind call and started nailing the plate. Needless to say her grandpa and I were a little proud when she did that.

Here's the gun in the stock it normally wears. It's my idea of a perfect coyote rifle for where I hunt. It's topped with a Leupold 4.5-14 long range with an M1 turret.

I've got pics of her shooting the cut down version but photobucket is being difficult right now and not letting me upload.

[Linked Image]

Cheers!

So I guess as I was typing, the pics finally loaded.

Chopped down stock version and her ringing steel during practice session the week prior to the hunt.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Congrats. Great to see kids fill their first tag.
Her very first coyote hunt at 4 years old. Still my favorite coyote hunt of all time!!

[Linked Image]
Good stuff Mack'.
Thanks Mackay, figured it had to have been custom, gun Manu's aren't smart enuf to offer their guns in 6 mm Rem anymore. Still have the cut down stocked Model 7 in 6mm I bought for my daughter. It's a superb cartridge though for anyone. Keep her whacking stuff with it. Congrats again. Magnum Man
Youngsters hunting is what it is all about, passing on traditions! Congrates to her for the deer and you for being a good parent!
© 24hourcampfire