Home
Posted By: muddy22 Spring Bear - 03/16/15
Anybody else get drawn for a spring bear permit?, Mine is NE WA ST.-Muddy
Posted By: LazyV Re: Spring Bear - 03/17/15
Wenaha, Blues in Washington....
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Spring Bear - 03/17/15
I bought a bear tag last week, that should count. I'll probably spend some time looking around Lincoln.
Posted By: muddy22 Re: Spring Bear - 03/17/15
I've seen several between Ovando and Lincoln in the last several springs on the way to Augusta. Muddy
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Spring Bear - 03/17/15
It's a neat area. I usually make it out after work. I've seen a couple the last couple years but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. Just never could get close enough by dark. It is one of my favorite times of year to be out.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Spring Bear - 03/17/15
Yes, across the river in NE Oregon. Mid April to end of May.
Posted By: Shag Re: Spring Bear - 03/18/15
Originally Posted by muddy22
Anybody else get drawn for a spring bear permit?, Mine is NE WA ST.-Muddy

My good friend(your neighbor)just south of you drew...:)
Posted By: muddy22 Re: Spring Bear - 03/30/15
Oh Goody, I get to hunt Big (MOL) game on wed.!-Muddy
Posted By: ingwe Re: Spring Bear - 03/30/15
Originally Posted by elkchsr
It's a neat area. I usually make it out after work. I've seen a couple the last couple years but I haven't been able to pull the trigger. Just never could get close enough by dark. It is one of my favorite times of year to be out.

Mine too....but up in that country you need to be sure its not wearing a hump....and not hunting you back.
Posted By: elkchsr Re: Spring Bear - 03/30/15
Originally Posted by ingwe

Mine too....but up in that country you need to be sure its not wearing a hump....and not hunting you back.

True enough!
Posted By: Snake River Marksman Re: Spring Bear - 03/30/15
I'm thinking about hunting one with a lens. I've got a nice rug on the wall, and I don't particularly care for the meat. I'll take a firearm along and buy a tag but I won't shoot one unless something goes really wrong.
Posted By: Ulvejaeger Re: Spring Bear - 03/31/15
Have tent, will travel!
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Spring Bear - 03/31/15
I got wasted out of my mind one evening while working in Lincoln. The Ponderosa Club if I remember correctly.

I guess a bear was getting too close for comfort (don't remember if it was a griz or not) and the MFWP had a barrel trap set up by the trash cans outside the bar. The bar workers needed to rebait the trap and nobody wanted to climb all the way in that thing, so they bribed my drunk ass with a free beer if I'd do it.

That thing stunk so damn bad I started dry heaving half way in.

Looking back, I'm surprised those pranksters I worked with didn't drop the gate on me and leave me there for a while.
Posted By: carp Re: Spring Bear - 04/04/15
Swamp bear, Western Washington, south of Quinalt, Humptulips to the coast, spot and stalk at 40yards.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Spring Bear - 04/06/15
Had a spring blizzard hunt today for a big boar I spotted on a high meadow last spring. Found a fresh bear killed yesterday about 1/4 mile downhill from his spot. Can only hope it wasn't him. Quartered and stripped. Weird seeing that in such a secluded area.
© 24hourcampfire