Home
Hi

If anyone can help with recommendations for Black Bear Hunting Guides/Outfitter's in North Carolina I would appreciate it.

If you also have NC Guide/Outfitter's that you wouldn't recommend that would be helpful as well smile

Thanks
Dino
Mike at Conmans all the way. Great guy and frequents NCHFF. Gentleman all the way and he hosts the get together every year. He also kills some monsters. My surgeon killed one a little over 600 lbs with him and I know he has hunters who have killed bigger.
He also offered to wheel me out to Swan hunt but I didn't draw. That is a 1500 plus dollar gift and it was before I had even met him.
Thanks gremcat - I really appreciate the information

I've shot several good bears but I am looking for a big one and figured NC is my best chance for one.

Thanks again
Dino
If you are looking for heavyweights, eastern NC is the place to hunt. If you are looking for scorable inches, I would hunt elsewhere.
Hi Sakoluvr

I'm looking for a big one so I figured Coastal NC would be my best bet.

Dino
Originally Posted by gremcat
Mike at Conmans all the way. Great guy and frequents NCHFF. Gentleman all the way and he hosts the get together every year. He also kills some monsters. My surgeon killed one a little over 600 lbs with him and I know he has hunters who have killed bigger.

I would second the vote for Mike Noles at Conmans. I believe he is already booked solid for 2015. He is going to be fully retired soon and will be turning the business over to somebody else to run. He loves bear hunting.
There was an outfitter in Bertie county called Big Daddy's that has killed some 600lb'rs. Anywhere in Bertie, Hyde, Terrell and Craven County is where I'd look.

Sakoluvr is spot on.
AdventurePlus Outfitters in Conetoe started last year. We deer hunted with them four days.
Great information Guy's - I appreciate it
In NC, the best are only available for cash and don't advertises.
Originally Posted by ringworm
In NC, the best are only available for cash and don't advertises.

This is about the most idiotic statement I have heard and a good way to end up with a criminal charge. Black Bears are poached hard in NC. He should stick with a reputable guide.

Conmans has 50,000 acres to hunt on, is completely booked for 2015 and had 100% opportunity on all his hunters during the first segment last year. I would say that is pretty dang good. He only hunts from stands. No dog hunting. I would say that is better than a Bubba and his dogs hunting over a pile of old doughnuts.
© 24hourcampfire