Home
Posted By: DrDeath Big game monthly magazine - 08/30/15
Is there or are there any good monthly big game magazines in print anymore ?

There's a GREAT quarterly one ... Big Buck. It's very much a "Joe and Me" hunting magazine; the photos are fantastic and the stories are really fun to read.

http://www.bigbuckmag.com/

Sports Afield is also excellent and it's more rounded.

Given a single hunting mag, I'd opt for Big Buck.

Blessings,

Steve

PS. Yes, I am a gun writer and NO, I've never written for either BB or SA. Just sayin' they are wonderful gunfunnies.

Posted By: DrDeath Re: Big game monthly magazine - 08/31/15
I was hoping for BIG GAME. African and N.A. Griz, bear, elk moose etc. not just deer!..

Big Buck has lots of monster deer, elk and mooses. The occasional bruin makes it into the spread, as well. No Afrikan.

Actually, Sports Afield might be exactly what you're looking for. Diana Rupp has done an excellent job of turning the mag around from being something that resembled Field & Stream (which I consider to be the puke of all outdoor mags).

Might buy a single copy at your local news stand and see if that's what you want.

Petersen's Hunting is dreadful these days and, of course, American Hunter is a waste of time. Both don't even last me long enough to take a dump in the bathroom.

Steve

Posted By: pointer Re: Big game monthly magazine - 08/31/15
Sports Afield is definitely a worthwhile publication, especially if you dream of far flung hunts. My favorite hunting magazine right now by a long shot.
© 24hourcampfire