Home
Posted By: Micro_Groove Huge Bobcats! - 09/04/15
This is from an old 2008 thread at a traditional bow hunting website that I visit, Tradgang. I remembered reading this back then and I couldn't believe it then, and re-reading, I still am in awe! Has anyone here ever even seen an old Tomcat this size? Joker must 40lbs.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=90;t=000312

[Linked Image]

As a point of reference, here is the record bobcat, 49lbs. Killed in Wisconsin in 1984:

http://retrieverman.net/2011/09/04/the-largest-bobcat-on-record/

[Linked Image]

Posted By: bigswede358 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/04/15
That cat from Wisconsin looks way thicker. Some good friends of mine got a 38# years ago with there hounds. It had been eating on a whitetail buck it killed and didn't run to far with a stomach full of meat. It was made into a rug with a black and white border, turned out really sharp.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/04/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/04/15
field grade needs to chime in.....
Posted By: bigswede358 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
Nice kitties huntsman.
Posted By: borden811 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
I killed one in pa that was 34 lbs, and a fellow that same season killed one that was a tad over 50. I thought mine looked hunge until I saw his! Here's a couple pics of the 34lbr....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15

You either got bigger or that hat shrunk some. wink

Originally Posted by huntsman22
[Linked Image]
Posted By: winchesterpoor Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
Jeeze, You guys bobcats make my SW GA cat look like a house cat! Bowling and Harding in Thomasville mounted mine and said it was best they ever had! They did their best to buy but it was a super cold day for SW GA and I nailed him at about 300 yards with and old tang safe Ruger 77V in 220 swift that was super accurate, early 70's gun and when I bought it I did not know Douglas made the barrels on the varmint guns for Ruger, sold it but still have the old 3X18 AO USA made Redfield!
[Linked Image]
very best winpoor
Posted By: winchesterpoor Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
As a side note, what our SW GA cats lack in size they make up in bad azz! My uncle was calling up a Turkey in drizzling rain this spring, all camoed up and one jumped on his back! I dont know if he will ever turkey hunt again! v best Winpoor
Posted By: MOGC Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
I like calling cats... Here are a couple of fair size Missouri Ozark cats.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
Nice cats there..
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
My son was deer hunting a week ago and was stalked by three bobcats. He was able to shoot the lead cat at point blank and the other two stood down. He had two nice bucks about to walk past him so he was a little ticked at these kitties. I have never seen an aggressive one. I guess one never knows.
Posted By: Savage_99 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/05/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Talus_in_Arizona Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/06/15
Dennis, Levi was't walking around with that predator-call phone app going, was he? smile
Posted By: Robster Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/07/15
I got mine in Arizona. I was hunting lion on horseback and the hounds treed this cat.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/07/15
I shot one at our Ranch here in TX way back when I was in College that went 38 lbs. that was pretty dang big for a TX cat, as they usually don't get as big as the northern versions, because it's so damn hot here.

That fellow bow hunting in the top photo must have been a midget wink
Posted By: Micro_Groove Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/07/15
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I shot one at our Ranch here in TX way back when I was in College that went 38 lbs. that was pretty dang big for a TX cat, as they usually don't get as big as the northern versions, because it's so damn hot here.

That fellow bow hunting in the top photo must have been a midget wink

Lol. In the original thread that the bow hunter posted in, he claimed to be a six footer.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/08/15
This one my son got was 30lbs.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Robster Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/08/15
Love that rug Teeder. It's looks awesome!!!
Posted By: bbassi Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/13/15
This NY cat was 36 lbs on my fish scale.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: MOGC Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/13/15
Originally Posted by bbassi
This NY cat was 36 lbs on my fish scale.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That's a good looking mount. There are a lot of messed up bobcat mounts around. Yours is very nice.
Posted By: Micro_Groove Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/13/15
Man, that thing could slam dunk a basketball if it wanted. Huge.
Posted By: Teeder Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/14/15
That's a good looking mount. There are a lot of messed up bobcat mounts around. Yours is very nice.

+1!
Posted By: strosfann Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/14/15
Saw one last season that looked huge sitting on its butt on a trail. By the time I swapped binos for my rifle he'd done a vanishing act. If coyotes are any indication a 140 AB out of my 270 WSM would've been a little much for it at 90 yds! Would love to get a rug done like above or a mount with one flushing quail.
Posted By: Robster Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/14/15
Great looking cat, is that in the ADK'S?
Posted By: bbassi Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by Robster
Great looking cat, is that in the ADK'S?

If you're asking about mine I'd say closer to the Thousand Islands than the 'Daks.
Posted By: Robster Re: Huge Bobcats! - 09/15/15
Yes, I was. Thanks, I am just due south of you, other side of Syracuse.
Posted By: Stick1330 Re: Huge Bobcats! - 10/05/15
Cool pics. The only one I've ever seen was roadkill. As of now California allows 5 per year but there's been a recent push to reduce that number or ban hunting them entirely. I may just have to bag me one while I have the chance.
© 24hourcampfire