Home
Posted By: mtcurman 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/14/15
Nash and I have had a good season so far.. I haven't hunted as much this year as last year, but have still got out a good bit.

First up is Nash's whitetail doe, he waded across the Musselshell, shot the doe with his Marlin .44, then canoed her out.. cool

[Linked Image]

Next is Nash's buck.. He shot it at about 80 yards with my 7mm-08 Mtn rifle.. 150 NBT put him right down. Big ol' fat varmint....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last(so far), is a whitetail doe I shot.. 50 gr V-Max to the neck dumped her in her tracks.. First deer I've ever shot with my .22-250, it won't be the last, I'm sure.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dad and I are going out in the morning after a big buck I saw a couple days ago, hopefully I'll be adding him to this thread shortly... cool

Thanks for looking.

Ben
Congrats on a fine season
Congratulations
Well done - congrats to you both & good luck finding that buck hope to see the pics!!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/15/15
Cool beans Ben!

You know of course that you can't kill deer with a centerfire .22......... whistle

grin
You guys are doing well Ben...some good eating deer and great memories. Good luck with the big buck you are after.

So this is what you do that keeps you so busy me and Travis can't come over and shoot...
mtcurman;
Good morning to you Ben, it's nice to see you on again and thanks so much for sharing your season with us so far.

Please send congratulations along to Nash on both deer - a canoe hunt is something I've never been able to pull off just yet and still want to someday. Nice buck as well. cool

I hope you find the big buck you're looking for Ben, but even if you don't I'd suggest that your season has been successful on several levels.

Thanks again and all the best to you folks Ben.

Dwayne
Posted By: laker Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/15/15
Man Ben you guys are sure stacking them up
Well done
rock on Ben and Nash! always look forward to you guys post
Nice stuff.
Very nice! Looks like more fun than a Hoosier gun season. wink
good job
Good job! Congrats!
We need more young folks to be like these 2. Can only happen with good parents.

Congrats to you and Nash,and congrats to your folks for raising you as you are being raised.

Now go shoot that big buck!
Nice going Boys !!

smile
Thanks guys... Couldn't find the big boy yesterday, passed a few mediocre bucks though. It was a fun hunt, saw lots of deer..
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/17/15
Good to hear Ben. It seems like the mule deer are just beginning a comeback. Does it look like that to you?
Posted By: efw Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/17/15
Nice work Ben; awesome hunting with family!

Keep em coming!
Excellent.. Nice job both of you..
Cool buck
Good going, guys!

Looking forward to hearing what happens next....
Yep, that looks like at least one full roll of freezer paper gonna get used. Great hat on Nash. Where?
Thanks guys... Went to the Little Belts yesterday, I passed on several decent 4x4's that I'm sort of thinking now I should have shot....oh well. Maybe tomorrow will be my day.

Ben
Patience grasshoppa......grin
Notched my tag yesterday, first ever birthday buck.... Went down around Sand Springs and saw this buck and a couple others dogging does in a field. Dad and I snuck up on the ridge above them, I got a rest on my pack, and decided which buck I wanted.. There was a crab claw 4x4 in the group as well, but this one had more character and and a little more width, so I stuck a 150 Ballistic Tip high in his shoulder and he dumped like a sack of taters... Definitely not a big buck, but it was a super fun hunt..

As he lay... First critter(other than p dogs) that I've shot with my 7mm-08...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Thanks for looking...

Ben
Way to go Ben, happy belated B-day!

I would have shot that buck, nice going...
Thanks guys...
That is a neat buck Ben, like you said lots of character.
Congrats on the birthday buck. Looks like he's been eating well.
Posted By: SLM Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/24/15
Congrats and happy belated BD.
Congrats on a great birthday! Well done!
Posted By: ingwe Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/24/15
Cool beans Ben! Glad you are liking that 7-08 in a Mountain Rifle. To me that would just about be an ideal deer rifle anytime, anywhere.
Posted By: TDN Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/24/15
Congrats man! Neat story, rifle, and buck!!
Excellent!! Great job...
Congratulations on a fine buck but you do need a bigger hat . smile
Birthday bucks are fantastic....congrats!!
Thanks guys.....
Nice job Ben!

Happy birthday buddy.

Travis
Good Job Ben, Nash and Dad for making it all possible! Sweet bucks!
Nice looking buck you got there...great way to mark a B-day.
Thanks guys!

Originally Posted by deflave
Nice job Ben!

Happy birthday buddy.

Travis

Thanks broseph.... We need to do bunnies soon.

Ben
You all had a great season...nice pictures and thanks for sharing.

Doc
Outstanding Ben! That 7-08 is laying some fur on the ground this fall. Another fan of the 150 BT in the 7-08.
Posted By: GRF Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/29/15
nice! thanks for posting.
Posted By: Grand Re: 2015 Montana deer season.... - 11/29/15
We had a great time in Montana as well.

Passed on lots of nice bucks, including this one we called "one eye."

[Linked Image]

Shot this handsome one.

[Linked Image]
That's a nice one........congrat's
© 24hourcampfire