Home
Posted By: rgrx1276 Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
14 points up for premium deer in Utah. Any idea on the draw odds lets say for the henry mountains unit any weapon?
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Looks like 14pts is less than 1% chance....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Dang.... Where did you find that chart?

Quick story, first time I put in for the Paunsagunt back in 95 I drew and killed a good un.... Been trying to draw ever since....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: GregW Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Point creep is everywhere....
Posted By: kscowboy01 Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Doesn't help that they use their "Super Tag Drawings" and take those against the 10% NR allotment. Almost fraudulent, if you ask me.
Posted By: rgrx1276 Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Another quick story.... Hunted a ranch outside wolf creek in years past with a landowner permit... Seems the ranch manager who was an IT guy managed to draw a bighorn permit, first in 100 years according to him and killed a monster... Course the draw system was “managed” in Nevada and no doubt overseen by the IT firm that this guy owned.... Never did trust Utah draws after that choice bit of info was passed... This was back in the early 90’s...
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Utah sucks for trying to draw any tag one of my friends has been collecting elk points since they started the points system and still hasn't drawn a tag and he is in his early 60's he'll probably die before he get's a tag!
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
This is why Idaho doesn't have a point system. The IDFG has polled hunters many times and the majority don't want it. Everyone has an equal chance every year. Yes, it makes some tags very hard to draw but you still have a chance. About 12 years ago, I drew a good moose tag on my 1st try. Antelope is another issue. I've only drawn twice in 25 years and one of those was a ML hunt where I never found a critter I could even come close to.
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
wish Utah would follow Idaho's lead
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Utah draw odds - 01/24/16
Yuck on the preference points.
Posted By: Boise Re: Utah draw odds - 01/27/16
On the other hand I never drew a Utah tag after appling for years but did get called for a Henrys bison depredation hunt, that was an easy and fun hunt. Short notice, less than a week, but could have easily killed one the first day.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Utah draw odds - 01/27/16

good luck in the draw........I'd like to have a Henry deer tag....

may never see one..have 7 pts....8 more yrs to go.....Henry Mtn's

are uphill both ways...... cry
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Utah draw odds - 02/01/16
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Yuck on the preference points.
the other problem is you have wifes, aunts and grandma in the draw as well.
Posted By: Ackleyfan Re: Utah draw odds - 02/02/16
Originally Posted by GregW
Point creep is everywhere....

And coming to arizona in an even bigger way........ smile
Posted By: fishnut Re: Utah draw odds - 02/03/16
Odds are tough for all the Henery tags but it can happen. I had a buddy draw last year on the muzzy hunt with 13 points. We had a ball and Killed a buck over 200". I will say this about that hunt. Most of the upper class bucks have been well scouted and had about a dozen spotters (guides) looking for them. You are much closer to going back to the Paunsagunt and there are still some good bucks on that unit.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: Utah draw odds - 02/03/16

I'm sitting on 13 NR deer points myself . . .

Most likely put in for premium or LE MZ. They will allow a scope with magnification starting this year. Picked up a T/C Omega last year to begin my smokepole experiments. It shoots the Barnes TMZ w/ H777 pretty well.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Utah draw odds - 02/17/16

well...if you had a fat wallet.....

you could have out bid this guy........ cry

Utah's Antelope Island Mule Deer......

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38493763&nid=1288
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Utah draw odds - 02/20/16
Originally Posted by tikkanut

well...if you had a fat wallet.....

you could have out bid this guy........ cry

Utah's Antelope Island Mule Deer......

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=38493763&nid=1288

Is that crazy or what?!?! I think for every tag that is auctioned, one should be raffled so the common man has a similar opportunity.
Posted By: weaselsRus Re: Utah draw odds - 02/21/16
A friend won a Willard Pk mountain goat tag thru the Sportsmans Expo drawing. Lucky bastage is in his mid 50s, a Dall short of his Grand Slam, now he's gonna get a goat.

He is paying my gas & meals for my piss-poor goat judging input.
© 24hourcampfire