Home
I've been working with this bullet in my long range 7 WSM. It's doing good things on steel. I'm interested in hearing any on-game reports you might have with it.

I'm aware of what it should do in theory. Interested in actual experience here. The bigger the animal, the better. Thank you.

Did you really vote for Obama 2x?
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Sako, no I did NOT.

Got any 195 terminal info.... ?
I watched a friend of mine shoot two whitetail does at 480 yds and 535 yds this past weekend with a 28 Nosler. Baseball sized exit holes and each deer ran 50-75 yds after hit. Both shots were behind the front shoulder.
200 yards at 2970. Typical Berger performance with no visible entrance or exit...

[Linked Image]
That's pretty country, RC. Where is that?

No exit, eh? Upon autopsy, did it make it to the opposite side of the animal at all?
There was a thread a few months back where someone obliterated a coues deer with one. Debate raged for days whether that was a good thing or not.
Wasted a bunch of meat?

I'm interested in any and all data points on them... but especially involving big animals.
Originally Posted by cast10K
There was a thread a few months back where someone obliterated a coues deer with one. Debate raged for days whether that was a good thing or not.

It was a 7mm bullet, so you were close.
Ah, my bad... that was a 180 scenar I believe.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Thanks Jordan! I didn't know there was such a thing as a 7 WSM AR. That's badass.
Jordan's gun looks like a chassis to me Jeff. To answer your earlier question, I didn't think the meat loss was excessive but others did. Like 30338 said it wasn't the same bullet you're asking about anyway.
Oops.... looked at it on my phone. blush

A 7 WSM AR would be pretty sweet. Buy barrels in bulk <g>.
Originally Posted by cast10K

That was a 180 Scenar my buddy killed with my 7 LRM.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Velocity? What powder? You still using 7828ssc?
Yup, 2850fps with 64.5gr 7828ssc.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr

Sako, no I did NOT.

"Only" once though in '08, right?
They are working well for me also.

I killed my bull this year at 547yds with one high shoulder shot with minimal damage. And then my deer tag got notched on a whitetail buck inside of 50yds with a pretty good hole in the rib cage.

I built a custom 7 Rem Mag a few years ago and it really loves these 195's. Retumbo powder and they are running at 2860 fps.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Yup, 2850fps with 64.5gr 7828ssc.

Thanks Jordan. You shooting them in your Montana as well?
I've tried them in the Montana, and they shot really well, but it's a single-feed affair. Mag length shoves too much bullet in the case.
© 24hourcampfire