Home
Posted By: Bater Let's see your spring bears - 05/06/16
I'll start, 2016 Idaho chocolate
[Linked Image]

That's a nice bear. I really like the color.

I hope you had a good hunt.
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/07/16
Yeah wish I had the coin to rug him as his hide is as perfect as I've seen in quite a few years.
Great bear! Been busying stashing cash so I haven't made it out.
Very nice! I like not black, black bears.
here's one from a few weeks ago.
Link
Wow! that's a beauty!

Congrats!
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/10/16
Greenhorn - helluva bear as usual!
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/11/16
12yr old sons bear from this evening
[Linked Image]
Good job!! Great looking bear. Can't wait to take my kids in a few years
I wished we could still bait here in Colorado. I use to love to hunt bear in the spring.

Couple of nice bears there Boise State----Conglads to your son. Pass on the tradition. Bob
Congrats to your son on a fine bear! Wow!

Saw this nice cinnamon today with her blond cub.

[Linked Image]
That's a nice photo.
Posted By: BigFin Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/15/16
First bear on the first morning in Alaska. Passed this one at 54 yards and I've been questioning my intelligence for the last five days. Actually, I'm done questioning, rather convinced; I need help.

[Linked Image]
Excellent bears.. Good luck Finn.
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/15/16
Yeah Randy I think I'd have flung lead.....may pay off in the long run though, good luck.
Randy - looks BIG! Wtf?
Posted By: BigFin Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/15/16
Originally Posted by Greenhorn
Randy - looks BIG! Wtf?

Yeah, WTF is right. Friggin TV.

It was the first bear of the trip, within a half hour of cruising some shoreline. Not sure how we would have had an episode if I shot our bear before we burned through half a battery. As you can imagine, TJ was just shaking his head at me.
But deals like that is what makes it best hunting show on TV. You would have probably missed the shot anyway. Keep hunting!! Bob
Just about a week ago....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A coworker's kid on his first bear outing. Worked their butts off and the kid scored on the second day. My small role was to lead them to the rim just out of sight at the extreme upper left with instructions to go down there. The kind of country most folks simply read about.

The hike, start to finish, is 1 mile out, 2,500 ft down, then about a half mile up rising 1000 ft, and finally the reverse to get back to camp. With two runs hunting and a final pack to retrieve the meat, the kid earned it. One has to drop all the way to the river before climbing out.

The youngster (at 15) is a serious hunter. He's fired 4 rounds in the field taking 2 mule deer, 1 elk, and last week's bear. Now his eyes are on pronghorn, but that will take some time to draw the tag in this state.

Made my week, and I never fired a shot.

Have a good one
Originally Posted by BigFin
Randy - looks BIG! Wtf?

It was the first bear of the trip, within a half hour of cruising some shoreline. Not sure how we would have had an episode if I shot our bear before we burned through half a battery. As you can imagine, TJ was just shaking his head at me.

I've noticed the fact taht folks think you have to film everything, that some bad choices get made because of the camera..

I"d have loved to see that, and then we could have seen all kinds of other things the rest of the week. Who cares if you killed the bear the first thing out of the barrel. Nature has SO much MORE to offer us.
First bear on the first morning in Alaska. Passed this one at 54 yards and I've been questioning my intelligence for the last five days. Actually, I'm done questioning, rather convinced; I need help.

[Linked Image]

It's okay Randy, we know you're making a fine outdoor show. It has it's ups and downs sometimes. In the end, you always have a great show.
That bear is a real nice one, just saying.
Hey friend, wishing you the best.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Just about a week ago....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A coworker's kid on his first bear outing. Worked their butts off and the kid scored on the second day. My small role was to lead them to the rim just out of sight at the extreme upper left with instructions to go down there. The kind of country most folks simply read about.

The hike, start to finish, is 1 mile out, 2,500 ft down, then about a half mile up rising 1000 ft, and finally the reverse to get back to camp. With two runs hunting and a final pack to retrieve the meat, the kid earned it. One has to drop all the way to the river before climbing out.

The youngster (at 15) is a serious hunter. He's fired 4 rounds in the field taking 2 mule deer, 1 elk, and last week's bear. Now his eyes are on pronghorn, but that will take some time to draw the tag in this state.

Made my week, and I never fired a shot.

Have a good one

Good lord that country is beautiful! Id love to burn some calories there!
firstcoueswas80:

Believe me, one can eat gigantic breakfasts and dinners and still drop weight hiking that country.

Wife and I got two elk out of there about 30 years ago plowing through hip deep snow. I've visited that same spot today at 69 yrs and fully agree we were crazy.

Have a good one,
Managed to get this one tonight, just winding down so thought I would upload some pictures. Haven't measured him yet but he is a nice boar. Used my 270 Win with IMR 7977 and 160 gr Partition bullets.

[Linked Image]
Nice!!!

Congrats.
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/21/16
Randy - looks BIG! Wtf?

Any updates Randy? Find another bruiser like that fella?
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/21/16
Originally Posted by gerrygoat
Managed to get this one tonight, just winding down so thought I would upload some pictures. Haven't measured him yet but he is a nice boar. Used my 270 Win with IMR 7977 and 160 gr Partition bullets.

[Linked Image]

Nice bear GG! Congrats!
Some really nice bears here and nice pics...need to get out and try this myself some time.
Another dandy bear! Congrats!
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/21/16
Solid work Gerry!
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
A pair killed last week with a couple of my nephews, who had a combined 29
years of unused bear tags between them.
Great!!
That second bear has some nice colour, congrats to both of your nephews.
Seen lots of bears so far,just none I wanted to shoot..I almost scared this one to death though.. smile
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/25/16
Awesome!
Posted By: BradD Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/28/16
I recently started applying for a tag here in WI, so it will be a few years. I saw this one today and had to hurry up and grab my camera because I'd like some opinions on judging size. You guys have the experience, any ideas on size? Sorry for the crappy pics, about 200+/- yards away. Thanks!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Bang bang bang bang!!!!! grin
That looks to be a nice mature boar, I would shoot him without a second thought.
Posted By: Bater Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/28/16
Shooter
Posted By: BradD Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/28/16
I was thinking it was a pretty good bear. Thanks for the the answers. Seeing all the bear pics on this thread is pretty neat.
Posted By: hclark Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/28/16
My son and a buddy just successfully completed an Alaska Grizzly Bear hunt last week; they both got one.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Some beautiful country and some nice bears.
Posted By: Ready Re: Let's see your spring bears - 05/30/16
Great footage - he waddles vs prances.

Yea - I would want get after him.
Shot this one in Northern Alberta a few weeks ago.

Fun hunt and passed a lot of nice bears while hoping to get a crack at this one.

Finally did on the last night with about an hour to go.

Shot with an Elite Impulse 34 at about 21 yards.

Weighed 365 lbs with a 20 inch skull.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: C_ROY Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/02/16
Congrats! That is a tremendous trophy.
That's a really nice bear, congrats.
Wow!! That chocolate is IMPRESSIVE.. Congrats

My brother and I did not kill a bear this year..We saw 42 for the season,but nothing that got us all that excited..We did help the neighbor kid and a friend get theirs which was cool..

In 7 weeks the fall season will open and we can start in again.. laugh

Some highlights from this year..We came close to shooting one,but in the end decided it was a tad to small and maybe a tad to far...Should of shot the called in bear just because...LOL

Strictly amateur video.. wink

Posted By: Tanner Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/04/16
Guided this one yesterday on the 10th day of a 10 day hunt...

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Tanner
Guided this one yesterday on the 10th day of a 10 day hunt...

[Linked Image]

And Tanner with the trump card!!! smile

Well done man!
Posted By: Tanner Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/05/16
Becca's bear trumps that one yet! Thanks Luke, had a great time and can't wait for August to roll around.

Tanner
Posted By: ingwe Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/05/16
Tanner...you are the MANNNNNNN!

A regular Modern Day Scenarshooter! laugh
Posted By: Akbob5 Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/05/16
Some reall nice bears. The usual character certainly never disappoint!
Nice bears for sure. Congrats to everyone.

I've shot probably 10 black bears over the years, but really don't enjoy eating them (thank you Idaho and Wyoming for realizing they taste like $hit, especially those eating winter kill, spawning salmon and gut piles) and having a rug as well as a smaller bear full body mount is enough. I may get a wild hair up my ass and hunt them again in the next few years though...just to get out in the spring.

That said, I am planning to do an interior Griz hunt in the next few years.
Posted By: sgt217 Re: Let's see your spring bears - 06/06/16
Originally Posted by hclark
My son and a buddy just successfully completed an Alaska Grizzly Bear hunt last week; they both got one.
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

That first pic isn't a bear...(muskox)
You let the cat out of the bag.
Man alive, there have been some beautiful bears shot this spring, judging by these photos! Well done, amigos!

Sadly, my spring bear hunt this year had to be cancelled due to some very nasty real life (work) issues that required me staying close to home. On the bright side, things have been resolved (in my favor, which is damn nice!) and I was able to postpone my hunt to next spring, so I don't have to give up my deposit.
I shot this one on Vancouver Island last week.

[Linked Image]
Big ole pumpkin head!! Nice bear
© 24hourcampfire