Home
Posted By: BradB Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/21/16
any tips for me on the tag I just drew?
Thanks
Posted By: Oregonmuley Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/21/16
I really don't have much to offer but congrats!!!! Driven through the unit a few years back and saw plenty of nice bucks. I think that is one of the top 5 units in the state so I'm envious:) You should have a great hunt and I would expect you will have a chance at a really good buck but will need to really look over a bunch to find the one you want.

Good luck to you!
Posted By: test1328 Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/21/16
Sorry that I don't have any real "tips" to offer you, but you should have a great hunt in that area. I put in for the same area. Mind telling me how many points you had to draw that tag? Did you pay the higher Non-resident fee to get better odds?

Thanks.
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/21/16
I'll send you a PM. I live in the area and killed a big buck in that unit in 2014.
Posted By: BradB Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/22/16
I had max pts in the regular draw. I did see a few drew with one less then max.

Thanks
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/22/16
Anywhere on Kinney Rim you'll find bucks. Don't be afraid of the amount of oil and gas wells in the area. The antelope aren't fazed at all by the wells if workers are not nearby.
Posted By: pointer Re: Wy unit 58 antelope - 06/23/16
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Anywhere on Kinney Rim you'll find bucks. Don't be afraid of the amount of oil and gas wells in the area. The antelope aren't fazed at all by the wells if workers are not nearby.
This! Though I will say, last year we did spot more pronghorn to the north, between the rim and interstate, than to the south. The country to the east of the rim on the flats looks great for pronghorn.
© 24hourcampfire