Home
Any one have any experience hunting antelope in Nebraska? I had looked into leftover WY rifle tags for my son and my self , but that may not work out so I am looking in archery tags in Nebraska which is a lot closer, cheaper and much longer season. There seems to be spotted public land (SW and MW areas). Would be willing to pay a trespass fee for private ground as long as it didn't break the bank. Thanks in advance for any advise.
I'd look to the NW corner of NE which is public land. I've hunted hard into the SW corner of SD a couple times and the hunting was good.
Might pay to call some game wardens in the areas you're looking at permits in and ask them about public hunting, or folks that might allow hunting for a fee.
PM sent
Up in the NW corner of the state there is quite a bit of public ground and fair numbers of antelope. Have done the rifle hunt up there a couple of times
Can't help on Neb, but with archery gear hides or blinds near water can get one shots within 10 to 40 yds. Best if they can go in several days before use so the pronghorn will acclimate.

Sitting in any shade also goes a long way toward making one invisible.

If one has lots of micro-topography to work with, spot and stalk can work quite well. Great eyes, but they don't seem to be as sensitive to noise or smell as deer.

Good luck,

© 24hourcampfire