Home
Posted By: gophergunner Cull hunts for next year. - 07/18/16
I am interested in taking my son on a cull hunt for next year. (2017) My continued health issues necessitate a low stress hunt, preferable on fairly flat terrain. 'Thinking about a Texas cull hunt. Would prefer to not go to a high fence facility. Does anyone have a place they've gone for a cull/meat hunt they could recommend? Would prefer he get a buck, but does are okay too. Thanks for your help guys.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Cull hunts for next year. - 07/18/16
GG check out the Texas Hunting Forum:

http://www.texashuntingforum.com

And look under the forum headings for Exotics and Outfitters. There are cull hunts posted there all the time, you can contact them and sort them out as to high fence/low fence etc.
Thanks Ingwe.
Posted By: dave7mm Re: Cull hunts for next year. - 07/18/16
There isnt much more relaxing or fun in life than a Texas pig hunt.
Multiple targets.
Hunt at night.
Anything that nasty and ugly deserves a bullet.
Cheep.

dave
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Cull hunts for next year. - 07/18/16
This ole boy will hook you up , I went to his place/places around 50K acres back then [17-18 years ago] loads of deer/turkey's/pigs he's an outdoor nut -lives it !
He'll even drive you around somewhat if things haven't changed.

Gophergunner -wishing you well with your health !

Mike

Thanks Mike. I'll let you know what I find out.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Cull hunts for next year. - 07/18/16
Yes Sir you're welcome .
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Cull hunts for next year. - 07/19/16
Doug is a joker and a half .

Little story for Gophergunner & anybody else reading this thread .

A guy Mark Bosarge local Biloxi good ole boy [that's a good thing] and couple of friends went hunting with Doug at Dynamic Outdoors south of San Angelo , Tx. . They shot some nice bucks and does , Doug filmed the shots and made Mark & friends a copy .

Mark & friends invited some outdoor buddies & family over to watch the video & barbecue , have a drink etc. .

Video shows a nice big buck walk out -you hear them whispering Mark brings the rifle up for the shot --> friends watch in suspense as does Mark -this is where Doug the joker added his own narration -voice over on the video.
Something to the effect of "Mark you know you'll never be able to hit that deer -you couldn't hit the sheet of plywood the target was on , I'll shoot it for you and say you shot it. Boom down goes the buck .

Mark blows up ! Hollars what the hale ?? Hunting friends start ragging him laughing and laughing . Doug says -sorry I forgot to edit that out -more laughs.
Then the real video was right behind the joke video , I wasn't there but Doug told me the funny story & how Mark acted when he saw it. Mark is the kind of guy that's fun to mess with.

© 24hourcampfire