Home
Posted By: Folically_Challenged A Milestone - 08/14/16
The 13 year old took his first 13 Striped Gopher up at the farm.

[Linked Image]

He used his Great Grandfather's .22 - a Winchester 52 Sporter.

I never thought that guiding could be more fun than hunting.

FC
Posted By: 7mmMato Re: A Milestone - 08/14/16
Nicely done. I really like the rifle. That guiding can be frustrating at times as well.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: A Milestone - 08/14/16
Very cool. Spoiled him on the rifle though. He's going to want to stay with that one.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: A Milestone - 08/14/16
Congrats FC, looks like a blast.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: A Milestone - 08/15/16
Guiding for my son was way more fun than hunting for myself. May you have many good years filled with hunts together.
Posted By: pointer Re: A Milestone - 08/15/16
Awesome!! I almost prefer "guiding" my boys than doing the actual hunting anymore. Well done!
Posted By: rong Re: A Milestone - 08/15/16
great job,
I find to that taking my boys is more fun now than scoring by myself.
Posted By: efw Re: A Milestone - 08/16/16
That is REALLY awesome! Congrats to you & him; SUPER classy rifle there with a cool pedigree to boot!
Posted By: mmgravy Re: A Milestone - 08/19/16
The older you get the more fun guiding is!!

Nice 52....
Posted By: jwall Re: A Milestone - 08/19/16
Nicely done and with a Cool rifle.

Kudos !

Jerry
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: A Milestone - 08/21/16
I remember when my son drew an Idaho antelope tag. I really got frustrated. We walked our tails off and didn't find a single one until the last day of the season. We spotted a small herd at maybe 200 yds with a fierce cross wind. Because of the deep grass, he had to take the shot sitting and he missed it. It would have taken years of experience to make that shot in such a bad wind.
Posted By: 1minute Re: A Milestone - 08/24/16
Yes. Getting kids out is a real blessing. Assuring success, however, nearly gives me ulcers.

Had the pleasure once of guiding a young Boy Scout on a white water trip to his 3 largest fish ever all in 45 minutes. He had fished hard on his own at every opportunity across 4 days but not scored a thing. Final evening, we were camped near what I knew was some easily waded but really fine water. We headed to a spot where one only had to throw about a rod length and a half of fly line to pick up fish. First was about a 14 inch whitefish. Second was about an 18 inch rainbow. Third was a 30 inch steelhead with about a 25 minute fight. I never prayed so hard for a fish to stay hooked up in my life.

Instantly turned him into a fly fisherman.
© 24hourcampfire