Home
Posted By: 79S Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
Took the boring 30-06 out to try some 180 partitions. Rifle model 70 Classic sporter with leupold 3-9x40. I bought the rifle off BSA.. Where we moose hunt we see Brn Bears every yr this yr I hope to finally get me a nice interior bear. I seat my bullets to ogive for those that don't oal was 3.305.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: mudhen Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
That'l work! What powder? Can't quite make out your handwriting.
Posted By: SKane Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
That'll work! Good luck on your hunt.

Looks like R22 for propellant.
Posted By: 79S Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
Yes it was 62.0gr of rl 22, fed 210, 180gr partition.
Posted By: mudhen Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
Thanks!
Posted By: Otter6 Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
I love 180s and RL22. 62 grains launches them with authority.
Looks like your rifle and load won't be the place to look for excuses, and hopefully you won't be wanting for any of those. smile
Posted By: 79S Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/21/16
My daughter has a unit 13 caribou permit just hoping to get her onto another nice one and hang it on the wall and freezer full of caribou
If you only had a good knife to process those moose....

Best of luck on the hunt.

MM
That is "THE" hunt I have always wanted. Wouldn't turn down a free bowhunt for elk or mulies but the moose is something I would pay dearly for.

Maybe 1 of these days.

Best of luck to you!!
Posted By: 79S Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/22/16
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain
If you only had a good knife to process those moose....

Best of luck on the hunt.

MM

I hear you on that one 😁.. Hope to put your knife to use as well
Good luck and hope one has a stout pack frame.
Originally Posted by 79S
My daughter has a unit 13 caribou permit just hoping to get her onto another nice one and hang it on the wall and freezer full of caribou

That's already open. I have friends that already have their Caribou. Nice area. Where do you moose hunt?

Do you go fairly remote? Is that the worry about bears? Years ago myself and 3 others went above the brooks range, ended up with 4 moose and 7 caribou. Bears stayed out of camp. Let me know if you want to know how.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
That is "THE" hunt I have always wanted. Wouldn't turn down a free bowhunt for elk or mulies but the moose is something I would pay dearly for.

Maybe 1 of these days.

Best of luck to you!!

You are right. If you get a guide, you will pay pay dearly. smile
Posted By: 79S Re: Ready for moose in Alaska s - 08/22/16
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Originally Posted by 79S

That's already open. I have friends that already have their Caribou. Nice area. Where do you moose hunt?

Do you go fairly remote? Is that the worry about bears? Years ago myself and 3 others went above the brooks range, ended up with 4 moose and 7 caribou. Bears stayed out of camp. Let me know if you want to know how.

Yep tier hunt opened on the 10th and the draw permits hunt opened on the 20th.. With a quota of 2000 bulls and 2000 cows the hunt will go for awhile. The brooks moose hunts if you are talking unit 24,26 are all draw hunts now days for moose.. I'm not worried about bears I just want shoot a nice interior Brn bear. We hunt in 13B we go in about 40 miles off the Denali hwy into the alphabets..
© 24hourcampfire