Home
Finally getting around to posting some photos of my trip last month.

I hunted with Joe Troyer of Lil Joe's Big Game Hunting. I had hunted bear with Joe last year and wasn't successful and talked about coming back this year. Well, when he said he had an opening at the end of August and could work out a combo hunt, I signed up. We hunted bear starting on August 27th and antelope starting on Sept. 1. I got my bear on day 3 and antelope on morning of day 2. Bear was taken in the Capitan area and antelope was taken outside of Roy.

Joe runs a good camp and has some great dogs. I would definitely recommend Joe and hopefully be able to hunt with him again soon.

Bear was a fat sow taken with a Model 94 30-30 and 150gr power point. Antelope was taken with a semi-custom Rem 700 in 6.5-06 and 140gr accubonds.

As she lay.
[Linked Image]

Happy Hunter.
[Linked Image]

Myself and Joe.
[Linked Image]

A different pose.
[Linked Image]

First antelope.
[Linked Image]
Congrats on both smile
Congratulations
Excellent!!!!
Congrats!
Very nice! Congrats.
Nice critters! I always liked the Capitan area, when I lived in Alamogordo, but never hunted around there. I had friends that hunted deer there and did well.
Nice!! Congrats...
Very nice Like the color on the bear!
Thank you for posting on my thread and sharing this link to yours. It's always nice talking to fellow hunters. Numbers are dwindling don'tcha know????
Most excellent!
awesome combo hunt! Great job!
Thanks guys for the kind words. Not the sort of combo hunt you see everyday but fit right up my alley so to speak.

We heard the first elk bugle of the season the morning I got my bear. I knew then it would be a good day.
looks like a good time was had.

Congrats.
Looks like you had a great hunt, Congratulations!
Good goat.
Great pics. awesome bear and antelope.
That bear would make a dandy rug. That's a real good goat. hope you had it mounted, antelope make a pretty mount.
Congrats on both; they're fine looking trophies!

Excellent choice of shooting irons too!!
Awesome. I approve and envy your choice of bear hunt (i love hunting with hounds) and choice of firearm(nothing like a good lever action)
That's a beautiful bear! What a great hunt that must have been.
© 24hourcampfire