Home
Posted By: Cinch Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/07/16
My daughter connected this afternoon on a great antelope. We stalked to within 150 yards and she slipped one in behind the shoulder. This is her second year being old enough to hunt and this is her second antelope. Elk next...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Excellent!!
Posted By: mudhen Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/07/16
Outstanding! Congratulations all around!
sweet!
Posted By: JonS Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/07/16
Took my two daughters out on Wednesday, aged 3 and turned 6 on 10/3. Harvested two and can't wait until she's old enough to do it herself. Congratulations!
Posted By: NTG Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/07/16
Very cool all around!
I think it is the ultimate hunting experience hunting with Daughters and Granddaughters. Good for her.
Posted By: Ralphie Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/07/16
Very nice. Hunting with the kiddos!
Congrats to you both!! Really a nice antelope buck!
Posted By: rong Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/08/16
that is a nice buck and great table fare,
fantastic
Congrats!
Couldn't be better! Congrats.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/08/16
Congrats, nice speed goat! What rifle is she rockin?
Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/08/16
Originally Posted by Sako76
Congrats, nice speed goat! What rifle is she rockin?

Thanks for all the kind comments... she used my GA Precision 6 Creedmoor. For some strange reason she's claimed ownership of it lol...
Posted By: 1minute Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/08/16
Super and a great buck,
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Cinch--it happens! I did that to my father so many times he stopped letting me use his guns! Well done!
Posted By: mmgravy Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
That is an awesome antelope. Conrats!!
Congrats to the young lady!
Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Thanks guys! She's turning into quite the hunter...
Congratulations
Cute kid and a great antelope. Fun stuff.
Posted By: Judman Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Nice work!!
Posted By: efw Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Excellent work; congrats to both of you! That is really cool!
Congratulations!
Congrats to your daughter and you cinch. Well done!
Super cool... congrats to you and to her. Nothing better than hunting with your kids.... especially the girls. Ladies in general seem to have a true appreciation of the entire experience.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Super cool... congrats to you and to her. Nothing better than hunting with your kids.... especially the girls. Ladies in general seem to have a true appreciation of the entire experience.

That's exactly right... teach them young and it'll stick with them...
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Nice 'lope.
Posted By: SLM Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/09/16
Excellent all the way around.

Congrats to the young lady.
Bringing her up right....congrat's on a nice lope!
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/10/16
Fantastic! Not only is it a great 'lope, but you're making memories with her that will last a lifetime.
Posted By: BC30cal Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/10/16
Cinch;
Top of the morning to you sir, thanks so much for sharing the family hunt story and photos with us.

Please send congratulations to your daughter on the nice buck. It's a grand thing seeing young hunters being successful.

As always I need to send you a sincere tip of the hat as well for laying the groundwork to ensure these hunts happen. Well done sir.

Thanks again for sharing, good luck on your remaining hunts this fall and all the best to you and yours too.

Dwayne
Posted By: SKane Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/10/16
Outstanding! Knuckle-bump to your daughter.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/10/16
I appreciate all the comments, gents! She gets big smiles when I update her on the thread.

Gotta be proud of the kid. After the kill, we decided to cape the buck out as it had beautiful color. We took the cape in and gave it to the local taxidermist. It will now maybe become part of someone else's dream antelope that needed a cape. Then it was off to the house to cut up her antelope and get it in the freezer. We always eat what we kill here. I know that's not always practical for some people, but it works best for us.

Anyhow, she had a long night and learned some good lessons and values along the way. I hope everyone else gets a chance to take their kids out hunting. If you don't have kids, take someone else's...
Congrats on a very nice antelope. Very pretty young lady you have there.
Posted By: LKEYES Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/10/16
Congrats to your daughter!!
Originally Posted by Cinch
Then it was off to the house to cut up her antelope and get it in the freezer. We always eat what we kill here. I know that's not always practical for some people, but it works best for us.

Anyhow, she had a long night and learned some good lessons and values along the way. I hope everyone else gets a chance to take their kids out hunting. If you don't have kids, take someone else's...

It's awesome that she got to participate in every aspect of the "hunt"... it's great for kids to know where food really comes from.

My step-daughter killed her first deer a couple weeks ago... and she helped with most of the meat prep too. You should see her beam with pride every time some backstraps or a roast comes out of the freezer. She swells with a true sense of accomplishment to know that she literally put food on the table.
Posted By: Cinch Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/11/16
That's exactly right...she's dang proud to be putting food on the table...
Posted By: pointer Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/12/16
Congrats to her!! Dandy pics!
Posted By: 5spd Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/13/16
Nice shot and better with your girl.
My 5 yr old granddaughter says I should take her hunting.
Posted By: deflave Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/13/16
Awesome goat.

Nice work.

Travis
Posted By: 805 Re: Daughters 2016 WY antelope - 10/13/16
Great buck! Congrats to you both on an awesome hunt and lessons learned that she will no doubt ever forget.
Very nice buck! Congratulations to both of you and best wishes on the elk. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
© 24hourcampfire