Home
Several months ago I found this site and asked for help picking a caliber for a new rifle for my wife. We had booked a Mule Deer/Pronghorn combo hunt with South Fork Outfitters in Wyoming.

Well, thanks in part to the great folks on this board, here's what my wife did with her 7mm-08!

Her buck was taken on morning 1, after an unsuccessful stalk (damn does!), we glassed this one at 300 yards, made a plan, looped around a hill, and got within range, it was fun to be a part of for her!

176 yards: Mulie Buck (he's going on the wall and we never measured him, any guesses?):

[Linked Image]

121 yards 14 inch pronghorn

[Linked Image]

I also got a 4x4, though a bit smaller than hers, but my 15 inch pronghorn was bigger!

South Fork Outfitters was GREAT. 11 hunters in camp, 3 with deer tags, 2 with antelope, rest with both. All tagged out!

Thanks for all the help over the last several months. Man what a FUN hunting trips, and man can those pronghorn cover some ground!
Congrats on the fine animals. What bullets did she wind up using?

All summer she practiced with Hornady 120 grain lite loads.

For hunting Federal Premium 140 grain partitions
Outstanding! Looks like it was a fun trip.

Congrats on your success!
Congrats on a great hunt and memories!
Awesome, congratulations to you both!
Congrats to you both!! Appears you made the most of that hunt and got some fine animals - both bucks your wife got are really super for that area. And you just can't not have a good time hunting antelope - glad the weather turned out perfect as well!
Productive trip!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Well done! The two of you!!!!
Nicely done. Nice buck she got.
Excellent Bob, congrats!!
Congratulations
Bob,

Always so great to see new hunters and people enjoying our great outdoors. And finding great advice on the 24 Hour Campfire!

Congrats to you both!
It looks like things worked out splendidly!
Congrats on a great hunt & even better hunting partner that's awesome!!
Congrats! Looks like a TC Venture, good choice!
Congrats on a great hunt!
Congrats!

7mm-08 is all I use. Antelope, elk, deer.

P
cool cool smile
Sounds like a great hunt. I would guess maybe 145-50 on the deer, but I am not very good at judging antlers.
Very nice animals, congrats to you! I've tried to get my wife involved w/ hunting and she's just not that interested (despite being a very good rifle shot). You're a lucky man!

David
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Several months ago I found this site and asked for help picking a caliber for a new rifle for my wife. We had booked a Mule Deer/Pronghorn combo hunt with South Fork Outfitters in Wyoming.

Well, thanks in part to the great folks on this board, here's what my wife did with her 7mm-08!

Her buck was taken on morning 1, after an unsuccessful stalk (damn does!), we glassed this one at 300 yards, made a plan, looped around a hill, and got within range, it was fun to be a part of for her!

176 yards: Mulie Buck (he's going on the wall and we never measured him, any guesses?):

[Linked Image]

121 yards 14 inch pronghorn

[Linked Image]

I also got a 4x4, though a bit smaller than hers, but my 15 inch pronghorn was bigger!

South Fork Outfitters was GREAT. 11 hunters in camp, 3 with deer tags, 2 with antelope, rest with both. All tagged out!

Thanks for all the help over the last several months. Man what a FUN hunting trips, and man can those pronghorn cover some ground!

Congratulations on having a wife that will hunt with you and congratulations on a GREAT hunt for the both of you.
© 24hourcampfire